Chapter 4

Come Back Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"son, how are you?" Doyeon asked her own son over the phone.

"i'm fine omma" Seunghyun just simply answered.

"are you busy? how about we have a dinner tonight? come home i will prepare your favorite food, hmmmm?" she was hoped that Seunghyun would come since it's a special occation. it's birthday after all. Doyeon wanted to show him that everyone are care for him.

"i'm sorry omma, i'm busy. maybe next time"

"oh, okay. call me later when you're not busy, okay?"

"hmmmm..." Then he hung off the phone.

 

Actually Doyeon knows that he isn't that busy. He just trying apart himself from his own family again, especially after his big fight with his father 2 years ago that make him finally split out the truth that he's been hiding by himself for almost twenty years and causing him to run away and move out from their house.

 

Doyeon know her own son, it wasn't because of he hate to come home, it was just his ego. Even after his father trying to talk to him, he is always triying to find some excuse to avoid him, and Doyeon too has been trying her best to aproaching him. She can't blame him, it must be so hard for him, he was just too young back then.

 

 

 

 

 

5 years old seunghyun is an adorable kid. He is a nice young boy, he was admired by everyone. He is a family boy, a boy who really love his family especially his father, his mother, his baby sister, and his grandpa. The thing is he doesn't want to make a friend with anybody. His family was enough for him, so everyday he's always stick with his family.

 

It was just an usual day after he's back from school, Seunghyun told his driver to bring him to his dad's office. It wasn't something new, he often come to visit his father in his office after he’s back from school. He’s never distrubing his dad in work, he is a nice kid, he isn't loud, bratty, etc. He would just quitely playing by himself while his dad is working. It was like, as long as he is with his father, then it's enough for him. The employees or even his dad's clients loves him, they adore him so much. It was rare to find such a lovable young boy like him nowadays.

 

After seunghyun step out from the elevator, he’s walks faster almost running toward his dad's office door, shook his blue backpack in his back. In front of the door, he met his dad's secretary sitting in front of her table. Seunghyun put his pint finger in front of his lips, shushing her who was about to says something.

 

"appa is inside, right?" he whispered, opened his eyes as wide to make the secretary understood what he said.

 

the secretary smiled, "nde, seunghyun-ssi" she also whispering. She was just playing a long with him, because actually even they talked casually without whispering, Mr. Choi Jinkyu will not going to hear them either.

 

Seunghyun then peeking inside the room from the hole key, there he saw his father looks concentrating typing in his table. He saw him yawning then strecthing his arms and his neck. Seunghyun thought, he should get something for him.

 

"where are you going Seunghyun-ssi?" the secretry asked him because he didn’t got inside the office as usual.

 

"i want to get something for appa" he said and walked out.

 

Seunghyun apparently went to the vending machine, fortunately there's 2 employees there, with the help from them Seunghyun got a can of warm coffee for his father and a can of orange juice for him. He told them, his father is tired.

 

Seunghyun went back to his father's room, the secretary isn't there anymore. Apparently she have to get something from another floor.

 

Seunghyun hugged the two cans drink with his tiny left arm while other arm opening the door.

 

but to his surprise he saw something that he shouldn’t have to see.

 

There was a woman that Seunghyun never saw before, sit in his father's lap. Her hands was wrapped around his neck, his hand around her waist. Their mouths locking to each other.

 

Eventhough Seunghyun doesn't know what they're doing, but he knows it was something that a married man shouldn't do with other woman.

 

Every morning when their family greeted to each other and gives a kisses, his parents told him, that his father only can kiss her mother, seunghyun, and seohyun. Same goes with his mother. They told him as if it was a joke or to teased them, but it's not fully a joke, they want to shows the love in their family. Seunghyun would always smiling brightly everytime they told him that, he would feel giddy, and giggling along with his father. For him, it's mean this family are special to each other.

 

Seunghyun's vision slowly blured because of tears were birming in his eyes. He trhew the cans drink on the floor before he running from there. Seunghyun doesn't know where he is going. He’s just entering one random door then inside it was a lot of stairs. So he just stepping down on the stairs, he can heard his father calling his name, so he stepping the stairs faster.

 

Seunghyun doesn't know for how long he was there, and how many stairs he was stepped. All he know he's feeling so tired, and he was in the dark room, he barely could see the stairs anymore. He was scared alone in this dark room. He sit on the corner of the middle stairs where there's still a light from another floor above him, he hugged his knees, crying loudly. He was so terrified, tired, dissapointed, and everything. He doesn’t know what to do.

 

Suddenly Seunghyun heard a bang from the dark room i front of him, he cried even more because it shocked him.

 

"Seunghyun-ssi!!" two person calling him, it was his driver and the secretary earlier. Apparently his father told them to help him to find where Seunghyun is.

 

They run over to him, the secretary kneeling and hugged him who was still crying. They patted him softly and told him everything is okay, he shouldn't be scare anymore alone in this room since they were with him now. They thought he was crying because he was lost in this dark room.

 

"let's get out of here, your father must be worried" his driver told him when he saw seunghyun calmed down.

 

"i want to go home" Seunghyun said.

 

"yes, after we meet your father first, he must really worried now"

 

"i want to go home!!!" this time Seunghyun was yelling and about to cry again.

 

both the secretary and his driver were shocked with his outburst. They never saw him like that. Seunghyun is rather a calm and quite child.

 

"o-o-okay, let's go" he carried seunghyun and went out from there, he will just tell Mr. Choi later.

 

 

 

 

Doyeon never knew what was happened that day. She didn't have any idea.

Until the day when Seunghyun had a big fight with his father again, the day when he finally revealed everything what he keep by himself all of this time. The day when he went runaway from their home.

 

Doyeon can’t help but feeling guilty, it was her fault too for not realising it since the beginning. It was her responsible as a mother to know every single change from his own son.

 

 As if it's hit her. She suddenly remembered a lot of memory when Seunghyun was still young. Seunghyun suddenly stopped going to his father's office, he would rather going back and stay at home than to his father's office. Back then Doyeon didn't questioned at why he suddenly become like that. It wasn't the first time he did that, he wasn't always going there averyday.

 

Then one day, Seunghyun's Teacher calling her, told her that Seunghyun had a fight with his classmate. Doyeon still didn't realize what happened to her son, at first she was curious, Seunghyun wasn't really care with people round him, he doesn’t make friend either, let alone to had a fight. Something might be happen to him.

 

But then afther the teacher explained what happened, Doyeon shoved that thought, the teacher told her that Seunghyun had a fight with this boy who apparently likes to make fun of a crybaby girl in their class. She thought Seunghyun probably just want to help her. She asked him why he's fighting with that boy, Seunghyun would answered by saying "they're annoying"

 

"what do you meant by they're annoying?"Doyeon asked.

 

Seunghyun shrugged, "i dont like them"

 

"why?" Doyeon asked again.

 

"because they're annoying"

 

it was always like that, and it wasn't his last fight, he still doing that untill that boy crying and never dare to fight with Seunghyun anymore because  oneday he broke that boy's favorite car toy. Seunghyun was probably too mad at him.

 

 

It's not only that, when Seunghyun was young, he had a habit which is asking a same question again and again. At least twice or thrice in a day, and he will asking that everyday. It wasn't something really weird, a lot of kids did that, but not as much as Seunghyun.

 

There's a time his question was, "why seohyun can’t said my name? i'm her oppa. i taught her everyday. when will she can said my name?"

 

Doyeon would asnwered by saying

"she's still learning. you should keep teach her, but don’t force her and make her cry okay?"

 

Then Seunghyun will play and taught his sister again.

 

He will asked the same questions everyday. Until when they're back from a family vacation in one of his Grandpa's holiday villa in Busan. Seunghyun's questions everyday become:

 

"where is Miyoung's house? does she’s school or not, i never see her in my school"

 

Doyeon doesn’t want to break his hope, she can’t tell her son the truth, so she only answered,

 

"her home is far away. She's school in other school"

 

"where? why she's school in other school? does her school is better than mine's?"

 

"somewhere, and no, every schools is same"

 

"when will we meet her again? when will we going to busan again? she'll be there too right?"

 

"hmmm... oneday we will meet her again. but omma can’t promise you when, but we will see them for sure"

Doyeon said that mostly because she wanted to stopping him. She was somehow feeling sad when she's talking about this. She was afraid something big might have changed when they meet again.

 

Then one day, Seunghyun's question had changed again. Probably the last question that he would usually asked everyday. Doyeon remember it, she's almost remember every question that he asked. His question was

 

 "omma, do you love appa?"

 

 

 

 

Tiffany and Jessica are done with their work a bit late that night. Actually it was only Jessica, but Tiffany is waiting for her because she was promised her to go with her to buy a present for Jessica's sister.

 

Both are laughing as they talked about a prank present for Jessica's sister. Suddenly they stopped when they saw him standing in front of them.

 

"ha-hai" Seunghyun awkwardly said.

 

Tiffany didn't said anything, same goes with Jessica. She was about to drag Jessica from there when Seunghyun held her hand.

 

"Tiffany, can you come with me?" he asked.

 

"no, i've promise" she said while trying to take her hand from him.

 

"please.  it's 4th november, i mean, i want to-"

 

"go.." Jessica suddenly interupted, she let go of her hand that was linked with Tiffany’s, and pushed her a little bit to Seunghyun.

 

Tiffany was surprised, she looked at her in disbelief,

 

"we still have a time tomorrow" she continued. "you can go with him, bye..." then she quickly went to her car and leaving Seunghyun and Tiffany alone.

 

Seunghyun also surprised by her action, he was actually couldn’t believe that she will help him, because days ago when they were talked Jessica just constantly asked him on what happened and warned him so many times. Seunghyun thought Jessica also must be hate him too now, but now he knows that she isn't. and Seunghyun was thankful for that, because now Tiffany had no choice but go with him.

 

 

"where are we going?" Tiffany asked. It was her first words that she said after they were in his car.

 

Seunghyun stopped his car infront of building. It wasn’t that big, nothing comparing to an apartement building, but it was big enough for only 10 units luxurious villa in one building.

 

"my place" he said.

"what??!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter