Chapter 2

Come Back Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“gosh… I’m the third wheel again” Tiffany sighed pretend to look annoyed, but her lips keep smiling teasingly while looking at the couple in front of her.

 

“wasn’t you always so?” Jiyong back.

 

“oppa…!” she threw him a tissue. “Taeyeon-ah…” she looked at Taeyeon as if asking for her help. “I told you, you shouldn’t have married with this man”

 

“sorry missy, too late, she’s already my wife” Jiyong kissed Taeyeon’s hand. He said that with an American accent, imitating Tiffany.

 

“hah! Jinja!” Tiffany fanning her face with her hand. Taeyeon only laughed at the sight.

 

This afternoon the three are having a lunch together. Usually when Jiyong is busy, Tiffany only came with Taeyeon, or when she’s also busy she will lunch with her friend from her workplace. But if Taeyeon was free, of course she prefer to go with Taeyeon.

 

Tiffany was never had a lunch with Nichkhun at weeks days. Lunch time is his busy time. Nichkhun is worked as a chef in one of Kwon family’s hotel restaurant. He’s one of the best and the Kwon family’s favorite. They treat him like their own son.

 

Aside from his work and his tasty food, the Kwon olders also love him because he’s a nice guy, a foreigner who worked hard by his own, gentlemen, kind to everyone no matter who is it. Poor or rich, young or old, he never treats them differently.

 

In short, Nichkhun is every parent’s ideal son.

 

Back then when Jiyong was a spoiled guy who only knows partying and having fun, the Kwon always comparing him with Nichkhun. They said, he should learn from Nichkhun. He should be a nice guy like Nichkhun. At first Jiyong was feeling annoyed when his parent always comparing him with this boy, but as the time goes by he realized, his parents were right. Nichkhun is indeed a good boy, and he should be at least like him to make his parent proud of him, he found there’s nothing wrong to be this way. He felt this kind of life is better than his old one.

 

“ah, speaking of who, you never told me that you know each other with Mr.Choi” Taeyeon said.

 

Tiffany stopped chewing her food for a while when she heard that sure name. The sure name of someone who keep calling her lately.

 

 “who?” she asked after she swallowed her food, she tried to pretend as if she have no idea who she meant, afraid to make it looks so obvious. After that trip, she never told anyone with whom she was there. She only said she meet and befriend with some halmonis - harabojis and some kids in that village.

 

“Mr. Choi. Choi Seunghyun, right?” Taeyeon looked at her husband make sure that she’s telling the right name. Jiyong nodded.

 

“aahh… only know by name. that’s all” Tiffany answered without looking at them.

 

“but he said you two are a long time friends” Taeyeon’s curiosity didn’t stop her, Jiyong also didn’t stopped his wife because he also wanting to know what Seunghyun want this time.

 

“he even asking me for your number. Didn’t he called you?”

 

“I don’t know.” She shortly answered.

 

“are you sure?”

 

“hmm” she nodded still not looking at their eyes.

 

Taeyeon wanted to asked even more, she knows Tiffany is lying. There’s something suspicious, the way she lied tell her there’s something serious between them. Tiffany looked like not wanting to tell them this time, so she back off and just let her be. She will asked her more later.

 

“that’s right. If he ever call you just ignore it” this time Jiyong who spoke up.

 

Tiffany quickly looked at him, same goes with Taeyeon.

 

“he is a bad news” he continued.

 

“how did you know? He seems nice..” Taeyeon said.

 

“I told you I’m from the same college as him.” Jiyong sighed before he continued. “in facts he’s one of my friend in crime back then, but I leave him because I realized he brought me in to a bad influence”

 

“aaaah…” Taeyeon nodded. She knows about his old story, his gang, and his partying life.

 

Tiffany actually was clueless of what they talked about. She only knows that Jiyong was a bad guy back in the day, but if Jiyong said no, then no it is. She trust Jiyong, she knows he only want to protect her. Beside she’s also experienced by herself what kind of guy Seunghyun is.

 

“hmmm” she only nodded. “I know”

 

 

 

 

 

 

"miss Tiffany, someone sent you here" the officeboy come to her and give her a bouquet of pink rose. Even she was still surprised and confused Tiffany still took them. Jessica and Sooyoung then wooed and nudged her. They really likes to .

 

"he is waiting for you in the cafetaria" the officeboy said again after tiffany said her thanks.

 

"oh, okay. Thank you again" she said, then the officeboy leave her.

 

"aaahh. i wish my boyfriend is like your's" Sooyoung said dreamingly while trying to smelling the flower. Tiffany didn’t really bothering as her mind still confused. Nichkhun never did it before, and why do he even come here?  Tiffany check her watch, it's still too early if he want to fetch her after work. Beside she always bring her own car.

 

"hey, aren't you going to meet him?" Jessica said snapped her out.

 

"huh?"

 

"go, don’t let your man waiting too long, or else someone will take him" Jessica winked to her while pushing her toward the door.

 

 

 

When Tiffany was arrived in cafetaria, she was surprised to see the man in front of her. He stood up when he saw she come. Tiffany looking around, maybe the flowers are indeed come from Nichkhun, and he's waiting for her here too. But she saw none, only seunghyun. She then nervously walked over to him.

 

"h-hai. take a seat" he said Tiffany couldn't said anything. She was still shocked how did he know where she work. For almost 15 minutes, there's an awkward silent. No one dare to talked.

 

Seunghyun was never prepared anything to said, he just feels he need to meet her and talked to her, but nothing come from his mouth. Even there's so much thing wants to says, so many sorries,'i miss you's, explanations, so many things, but his mouth just shut when he finally saw her.

 

Tiffany, on the other hand doesn’t want to talk. She was still feeling hurt, now how dare him to show up in front of her after what he did.

 

"h-how are you tiffany?" Seunghyun finally spoke,

 

"fine" she answered.

 

Then they're back to silent again.

 

"what are doing here Seunghyun?" Tiffany hate a silent when there's other people in front of her. She's also want to make it fast.

 

"i want to meet you" there he is being too honest.

 

"what do you want?"

 

Seunghyun couldn't answered. He doesn’t know what to said first. i'm sorry, i miss you, let me explained, I want you back, i love you, or you're beautiful. Seunghyun doesn’t know which one. He just look at her with his expressive eyes. Tiffany saw it, she saw his longing eyes telling her something. Something more than sorry, but as usual, she always tried to ignore it or denied it.

 

"i'm miss you" he finally said. "and i'm sorry"

 

Good, he said he miss her first before he said sorry.

 

Tiffany almost choked at how straighforward he is sometimes. But she is asked him, he answered her question.

 

"for what?"

 

Seunghyun didn't said anything, for he know she was mad at him by how she asked for what, it was obviously she knows for what is that.

 

"oh, let me guess. hmmm for your empty promises, or maybe for make me look like a fool for believe in what you said, or for using me to fulfill your needed. which one?" Tiffany was on roll, her tears was on roll too. No matter how mad she is, she still feel so hurt and sad.

 

She wiped her tears quickly, she hate it when she had to cry in front of anyone.

 

Seunghyun is feeling bad even more. Her tears wasn't something that he want to see. He couldn't imagine how she was when she found out that he left. It's clenched his heart to think of it.

 

"i'm sorry" was all he could said.

 

"well, i'm used to it. Remember? you know that right. i told you everything"

 

"i'm sorry" he said again.  Seunghyun wanting said other words. Maybe if there’s  a word that has a meaning more than sorry, he would said that too.

 

"don't be. it's my fault. i'm stupid, i shouldn't have told you everything, you found your opportunity, you found my weakness"

 

"it's not like that, Tiffany. i'm here now. i want to fix everything with you"

 

"there's nothing to be fixed of. you shouldn't have to be here. go back to your life where you belong. just forget whatever happened between us. pretend there's nothing happen, like what you did when you leave me" she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter