Introduction

Our Hideous World

To many, the Wu family stands out as one of the wealthiest Chinese-origin family around Seoul with more than 40 companies scattered around South Korea alone.
One could take it as an advantage to carry the family name while the other could take it as a burden; because to belong to such a big name only meant that you are ready to face the consequences, popularity and such.

The family, as everyone would have known, only had about 5 members; Mr &Mrs Wu and their three children.
 

Mr & Mrs Wu were often considered as the match made in heaven; both quiet, cold but always calm.

Their first child, Kris Wu, inherited those.
 As the very first heir, Kris was always taught rather strictly by both of their parents;  more donts than dos but Kris was quite a guy of his own style.
He might come out as a mysterious puzzle to strangers but an open book to his family. He is one of those caring brothers and filial son; loyalty is his best trade.

Jackson Wu, second child of the Wu family, is the most out-going social butterfly one can find out there; people could always feel welcomed once they come to greet him alone.
Unlike Kris, Jackson is Sassy, talkative, funny and the list goes on. He is the most loved among his circle of friends and his very own family.
However, lately, rumor has it that Jackson has the surname of ‘Wang’ which indicates that he doesn’t belong to the ‘Wu’ family but no one had spoken a word to confirm the rumor hence, it has always remained a mystery. It also rose people’s suspicions when they found out Jackson was admitted late to school, resulting to falling back a year and at the end, having to be in the same class with their younger sibling. Was he really admitted late or was his age faked? Or was it just them people making up stories? The truth was never talked about.

 

Third and last of the Wu siblings is Megan.
Megan has always been described as the combination of both Kris and Jackson (that’s a third child’s trade, I guess?) ; could be deadly quiet and calm, could also be the social butterfly which nearly always depends on her mood. Both the brothers love her as equally much yet she is more close to Jackson than that to Kris; don’t get her wrong, she loves both of them equally too.
Megan has a strong control over all of her emotions, which is rare for a girl her age, and has the habit to unintentionally push people away. It wasn’t that she isn’t as welcoming as Jackson is but she has the aura of too much independence that people felt like she wasn’t one to need friends and wasn’t one to mess with when actually she was one of the fluff balls in the family (aside of Jackson). People often mistook her behavior which led her to not having much of close friends hence, sticking to Jackson’s side almost all the time.

The two younger siblings never took advantage of the family name nor that they consider it as a burden but Kris had a different case, he, alone, found that carrying their family name as the very first heir quite burdensome.

Right after the Wu family, the Tuan family is also one of the wealthiest family that people love to talk about. The family owned almost the same amount of companies around South Korea. Unlike the Wu, the Tuan stood with only three family members.

Mr& Mrs Tuan are the busiest business couple yet they were the chirpiest and most humble duo people could find in the business field.

Their sole heir, Mark Tuan was quite an opposite to their parents, one of the reasons might be that the parents were never the one to teach him even the basics of living as they were always busy somewhere but South Korea.
Mark Tuan used to be the brightest kid but has changed over the years.
He gained popularity at such a young age and people often befriend him because he is anything anyone would wish to be; good looks, wealth just name it and he has it.
Mark has quite a wide range of trades; quiet, annoying, popular and stubborn.  He is the type who would get anything he wanted. Is in good terms with Jackson but not with Megan, no one could bring themselves to understand as to why those two classmates never get along well enough.

Aside of his character to the outside world, Mark is probably another mystery puzzle that hid behind  a façade because no one had ever known what is Mark’s true color behind the closed doors of his mansion.

Once we talk about Families and wealth, the Park family is never one to miss. The originally Korean family stood as the wealthiest in Korea before sharing the position with the Wu and the Tuan.
The family itself brings nothing but a happy vibe.

Mr & Mrs Park inherited their chirpy, bright and happy attitude to the two sons.

Park Chanyeol, known as the happy Virus, was the heir.
Kris’ best bud and one of the social butterfly out of the two. Chanyeol always took life positively and had never seen his failure to be a block to his future. He could be dead-serious if asked to.
If one is to search for a friend, Chanyeol would always be the first nominee.

Siblings don’t always share the same trades and that describes the Park siblings.
Park Jinyoung might be as positive and as much of a ‘Happy Virus’ as Chanyeol is but he was quite  the trouble maker; loves to sulk and always gets what he wants.

Funny thing is that, the hideous world is too small that the three families’ siblings, in a way or another found themselves tangled in each others’ life paths and it was difficult for them to leave out the other.

Our hideous world has different and tougher (or maybe uglier) strategies to make things work out.

The world indeed is the biggest puzzle.

[Note : Mark, Jinyoung and Megan share the same age here, to avoid confusions and nop, i no use honorific in this fic, thank you.
Comments are always welcome :) ]