If only it was us (Alternate Ending)

Chasing the Impossible
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID2] Chasing the Impossible [/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID1]

A/N: After having the poll up for 10 days, nothing much changed so, here it is; what most of you wanted/asked for. I'm sorry if you were from those who wanted a follow-up oneshot but, I hope you enjoy this as it is. I had said the majority so... sorry if this was not what you voted for. Either way, do read and enjoy. And don't forget to comment on which ending you preferred! ^^

 

The kiss should have felt nice, but it was wrong and Luhan knew it as a fact.

“I can’t do this,” Luhan mumbled as he pushed himself away from the other, eyes avoiding Minseok’s stare and at that moment, the elder tried to reflect back at the action he should have prevented. “I can’t do it to myself again. Not when I’m leaving.”

Luhan felt the bed squeak and he glanced up from beneath his brunette bangs, catching glimpse of the other who moved to sit with his back against the wooden headboard. Luhan managed to notice some hesitation, some internal debuts that were happening in Minseok’s head, and he wondered if he could observe something so small on him because he had already so many in his own.

The silence stretched and although Luhan counted his breaths for Sehun to return, Minseok talked much earlier than expected.

“Just because you’re leaving, it doesn’t mean we can’t do anything.”

Luhan offered another glance before staring down at the messed bed-sheets. “It’s not that. It’s the fact that this doesn’t even mean anything to you.” Somehow Luhan’s voice had become so low, so small and innocent, that he honestly wondered just why he was acting like this.

“Who says that?” Luhan glanced at Minseok in evident question. The younger only looked away, acting a bit ashamed, before continuing; “Who says it doesn’t mean anything to me?”

Luhan found himself speechless, eyes boring into Minseok’s form but getting no brain cell to register what he was told. There was this moment of silence, both immersed in their own thoughts. Luhan knew as a fact that he hadn’t heard right. Minseok, on the other hand, seemed more troubled than what Luhan ever looked the past months.

“Wha—“ Luhan cleared his throat (since when did his voice sound so high?) and tried again. “What are you talking about?”

“Luhan,” Minseok sighed, eyes still refusing to look at him, “You know how my parents are. They would kill me if this” Minseok moved his hand between the two of them “ever reached their ears. They would skin you and me alive, and we would never find peace.”

Luhan blinked in realization of what exactly the other was trying to say.

“I never wanted to cause harm but, as it seems, I only did that. I wanted to be… close to you but I didn’t want to make anyone suspicious either. I miserably failed at that.” Luhan couldn’t but silently agree; Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Sehun, they had all been equally suspicious of them. “I should have talked to you from the beginning, but I didn’t. And you telling me everything last time, confessing so easily and all, brought me to thoughts of what if’s and maybe’s.”

“I don’t… understand you at all…” Luhan mumbled and Minseok glanced at him for the first time in what seemed to be a century. “Why did you keep pushing me away and acting as if nothing was wrong when you actually felt something? Why did you sit and stare and listen to everythin

Please log in to read the full chapter