Prelude

Breathe Easy

Waning: Has not been beta'd or edited.

 

 

Muffled sunlight peeks through small cracks of cloth made blinds draped behind large hotel windows. The air conditioning is a little high and when Changmin reaches to rub his bare arms, there are goose bumps raised all over his tanned, delicate skin.

 

He shifts once and the mattress doesn’t quite move with him. Then he tries shifting again, and the body beside him makes a moan of protest.

 

There is a thick layer of perfume that scurries past his nose; this scent is unfamiliar—a little uncomfortable, even.

 

Qian?” Changmin mutters beneath his breath, clearing his throat before he shifts once more so that he is lying on his side. Finally, his eyes begin taking in his surroundings.

 

Is this a hotel room?

 

His gut suddenly starts feeling sour and a rock forms at the base of his throat. The moment his eyes land on the snow-white shoulders of the woman with her back faced towards him, Changmin feels as though he can vomit all of the alcohol he had induced the night before right then and there.

 

“You…”

 

The woman gradually starts to wake, softly as she brushes her hair out of her face.

 

Does he even know her?

 

When she opens her eyes and blinks at him cutely, Changmin only wants to jump to his feet and escape from this room. It’s too cramped, too suffocating—there is so much wrong in that one scenario alone.

 

“You’re up already?” She smiles childishly, propping herself up and leaning forward as though she were about to kiss his cheek.

 

Changmin instantly pushes at her shoulders and scoots away from her.

 

“Who are you?” He asks, his voice flat and his tone cold.

 

With a feigned hurt expression, the girl pouts and sits up, allowing the blankets to fall naturally to the bed, revealing her smooth and creamy skin beneath her collar bone. It is both an admirable and tempting sight, but all it brings Changmin is another rush of guilt to the pit of his stomach.

 

He’s suddenly nauseous.

 

There are blotches of red painted on her pale skin; those are marks of passion and intimacy Changmin left behind which should never have existed. His heart is about to stop beating; he can feel it.

 

Changmin tries really hard to recollect the previous night but all effort is wasted. Aside from dancing and drinking with his friends, he doesn’t remember a single thing.

 

“…Did we?”

 

“Don’t tell me you don’t recall what happened between us last night.”

 

A thrumming pain strikes his head, causing his breath the seethe through the creases of his teeth. “…”

 

“What?” She asks, placing a hand on his shoulder because Changmin has his face buried in the palms of his hands.

 

He immediately shrinks away, eyes red and cheeks flushed with a red that she cannot decipher as embarrassment or anger. Perhaps it is a little of both. “I’m so sorry,” he apologizes, climbing out of the bed and gathering all his clothing before running into the bathroom.

 

In his eyes there is only emptiness; it is as though he is apologizing to her but not really her at all.

 

Over and over again, those words repeat on the tip of his tongue. Even as the shower runs, she can hear his deep voice ringing like a suffocating charm.

 

“I’m so sorry…I’m so sorry.”

 

-----

 

A/N: Alright~ let's do this! Changtoria, here we go! ^____^