A Salty Bunch of Nuts

The Manny

YoungWoon spent all morning cleaning his apartment, or at least trying to. Little MiRae spent the majority wishing to be played with but ignored until the crying grew into wailing. The man had until noon to get everything ready for the interviews. He hoped to find one soon, not wanting to spend the whole day going through people that aren't fit.

"You done yet JaeJoong-hyung?" The business man yelled into the kitchen. "Almost, set the tea and coffee out." JaeJoong had spent the night, helping his dongsaeng prepare for today. Currently residing in the kitchen getting snacks ready for the possible employees. The younger grumbled, walking into the kitchen to pluck the tray off the island. The oldest rushed to the living room holding a jiggling tray of goods as a knock resounded on the door. "Go! Go." Jae harshly whispered moving stuff around until it fit his idea before facing the door with a smile.

JungSoo rushed around his own home, grabbing everything he'd need as he talked to DongHae on the phone. "Yes, yes. I know." LeeTeuk stumbled over HeeBum who simply glared before curling up again. "I'll miss them too, but they're in better care than this little girl, 'Hae." The oldest, slipped his jacket on before turning to the entryway mirror and making sure his hair was perfect.

"I'll don't know, 'Hae." He sighed, looking back around to make sure he had everything. "I've got to go, DongHae." He bent in half to wiggle his shoes on. "I'll talk to you later." JungSoo shoved his phone in his satchel, fixing his hair again. "Hyung, before you go." HanGeng stops the elder before he took a step out of the threshold. The Chinese man, placed a cricket trinket on his strap. "It's not a real one, but it's supposed to bring good luck." LeeTeuk rubbed the gold insect before hugging the younger. "You know, you are making this sound like I'm going off to war." "That's because you are, you've gotta win that over if you want to take care of MiRae properly." HeeChul buts in as he pulls his best friend into a hug.

To say the two were struggling was an understatement, the last four hours were insulting and worthless, people coming in and mistaking JaeJoong's appearance as YoungWoon's significant other a disease to be avoided and they left just as soon as they arrived. Those few who did stay were insulting to not just KangIn and JaeJoong, but little MiRae, who received comments about living in a same household who can't obviously take care of her just because they were gay.

"Okay, this is ing ridiculous." YoungWoon growls, earning a reprimand from Jae for cursing in front of the baby. He had just finished almost literally tossing their previous nominee out the door. "I know, Woonie." The elder sighs as he sinks onto a couch. "We can always set up another ad, there's more people in the world than those jerks." He tries to reason with the younger. "Let's just give up, hyung. It obviously isn't going to happen." KangIn collapses next to his best friend, dropping his head to the back of the couch. "Don't be so salty-"

The doorbell interrupted 'Jae and the both share a look before the business man hopped up and ran to the door. He spent a couple of seconds freshening up as JaeJoong took care of whatever was left on the coffee table. It's with a deep sigh that he opens the door greeting the figure in front of him. "Hey, YoungWoon." YunHo greets, brushing past the man and straight to his boyfriend. "Hyung, We thought you were someone important." KangIn huffs, closing the door back up. "I am, any luck?" The tallest replies back, before helping the two clean up. "No, they immediately thought we were dating, so that screwed us over." JaeJoong explains, shoving his hands in the sink. "Don't worry, I'll be screwing you tonight." YunHo attempts to cheer up the younger, wrapping his arms around his waist. "For all that is the world, please keep that stuff for your house and not mine." YoungWoon groans, doing paperwork at the dining table.

The doorbell rang again after fifteen minutes and the young business man moves to open the door, surprised to see the person on the other side, thinking it was the delivery guy. The silence was awkward between JungSoo and YoungWoon as the two stared at each other. "Come on in." JaeJoong calls from over KangIn's shoulder and the younger moves to the side, allowing the older to step into the household. "I'm sorry for being so late, traffic is the worst." He explains as he bows a whole ninety degrees to the three men. "Neh, it's okay." Jae takes over as KangIn clearly wasn't going to do anything anytime soon.

"I'm JaeJoong Kim, this is my boyfriend YunHo Jung, and marble statue here, is YoungWoon Kim." LeeTeuk moves around shaking all their hands and bowing. "I'm JungSoo Park." He introduces himself, as JaeJoong gestures to the couch. Once all were seated, JungSoo pulled out his resume, holding it out for YoungWoon to take, but YunHo ends up receiving the papers after the businessman simply stared.

"I work at a daycare center in Busan, but I've taken some time off, and I don't know what to do with this free time." JungSoo starts to explain, "So I saw your ad and thought why not? I've also babysat for friends and family, their numbers at the bottom of the paper." He pauses to take a sip of the tea Jae whipped up. "I have all my classes in, I'm certified, I have my CPR certificate, and I am a good cook, and like to clean."

JaeJoong and YunHo paused as they read the names. "How do you know, HeeChul-ah, RyeoWook-ah, HanKyung-ah, and JongWoon-ah?" The pretty male asks, shocking JungSoo. "RyeoWook is my half-brother, JongWoon's his boyfriend, and HeeChul's my oldest and closest friend, he's also my roommate, naturally HanKyung spends all his time at our place. How do you know them, JaeJoong-shi?" "Oh, call me JaeJoong. I work at the Sapphire Petal with Han, Jong, and Wook, me and Chullie go back too."

KangIn seems to finally catch up with the rest and quickly excused himself and the other two, leaving the other in the living room as they all gathered in the kitchen. "We can't hire him." The other two raise their brows at their younger friend. "And why not?" YunHo retorts. "Yeah, why not? He's got all qualifications and more, plus if he's friends with all these people I trust, he's definitely the best choice, HeeChul is the best at picking the right people to trust." JaeJoong counters their argument. "But, he's the jerk who called the police and almost had me arrested." The older pair stare at the businessman with a deadpan expression. "Again, you did leave her in the car, so you deserved it." YunHo counters, arms crossed as they stared down thee younger who glared back.

It was a couple of seconds before they realized the quiet of the house was laced with muffled words. The three break eye contact to return to the now vacant living room and quickly followed the sound through the hallway and to Mi Rae's room. The door was left opened and the three stood in the doorway, watching JungSoo sing to MiRae as he rocked her back and forth. "I think we found our nanny." JaeJoong's voice, startled the man who quickly pulled MiRae even closer to his chest, but returned her to the previous position once he realized who it was. "I'm sorry, but she was fussing and you guys appeared busy." He looks bashful and returned the now sleeping MiRae to her crib.

“It’s fine, great actually.” They all stepped into the room, and JaeJoong continues. “You just cemented your spot as MiRae’s nanny. Congratulations.” The couple congratulate the man as YoungWoon glares at them, not pleased with having been left out of the voting process that involved his child.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I couldn't come up with a title so I told my brother what happens and he suggested it and I agrred.