Rushed and Rashed

The Manny

KangIn ran from his bedroom to the living room, where a livid four month old laid in a new pink play pen, a gift from TaeYeon and Tiffany. Both were more than happy to help with the shopping, odd how both single and childless the two were, they had a good idea of what an infant needed. They even showed the business man how to change diapers and mix formula, something he never thought of doing.

 

YoungWoon had tried to get a hold of her mom, RaeRim, but no luck. She seemed to have dropped off the face of the Earth, which is very odd. RaeRim was always the loud one, the one who needed, wanted, and liked attention. Everyone knew and liked her, she was caring and mannerly but could put you back in your place just like that. Her personality was the first thing that caught KangIn's attention, than her beauty. Her auburn hair always hold in those perfect curls, or how her chocolate eyes were always smiling.

 

The same traits were spotted in MiRae as well, she took after her mom. A bittersweet part of his past, a blessing and a curse. He had loved the woman, the teen who loved animals and was stronger than she looked. She was everything YoungWoon wanted, and more.

He had truly thought that they’d be together forever, he even bought promise rings, and was trying to get her parents’ approval.

 

Her parents wanted everything for their little girl and denied KangIn. They wanted someone rich, someone who could support her, so how was he; the oldest of four and living in less than great conditions, take good care of their only child? That was the problem, he couldn’t, so with a curse from her family, she broke up with him. Her family had less than legal connections and more money than they knew what to do with. Her fear was understandable, but it still broke his heart. He thought it wouldn’t get any worse until he heard the news. She was going to the United States with an American doctor who had a successful career.

 

A piercing scream ripped him from his reverie and he picked the little one up, grabbing a pacifier, and placing it against her lips. She took it gladly and settled on his shoulder. He had to leave or he would be late, and he couldn’t afford that. They were meeting with Tempo Toys, a popular toy brand that was founded by the iest man in Korea, it was Rolling Stones that said so, but he doubted it. The owner, SeungHyun Choi was originally a rapper/actor before he invested in his favorite hobby, toys.

 

 

Gentle knocking hit the door and he moved swiftly, opening to find SooYoung, the twins’ cousin who was staying for the week. She had more than gladly volunteered to babysit once she saw little MiRae. “Hey, you know where everything is and she just ate.” He said in a rush, passing the child to the tall girl, and rushing to grab everything he needed. “Oh, okay. Anything you need me to-” “Great, see you tonight. Bye, MiRae.” He didn’t acknowledge her but slipped through the door and closing it behind him.

“It’s okay, MiRae. Why don’t we go watch Elmo, yeah?” She cooed to the baby toeing off her sneakers and making her way to the couch….

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n: A short little bit since I finally had time. School started up and I've been trapped in Accounting. Why did I take a class that takes numbers and organizes them when I can't even organize my bedroom? And get 2+2 wrong? Aish... I'll try harder, I pinkie promise!