Chapter 1

The Light Of My Life.

 

~Minhee~

 

“Ya, Bora! You are late!” Hyosung shrieked into my phone. “It’s been half an hour already!”

 

“I’m really sorry, babies! My boss held me back! I couldn’t reject him. He seemed so pitiful begging me to help him out!” Bora seemed to be out of breath. I bet she ran here, fearing Hyosung’s anger.

 

These two girls are my best friends who had been in my life since forever. I couldn’t see myself being without them. I practically couldn’t live without them (okay sorry that was an exaggeration but you got my point, right?).

 

Today, Hyosung asked us out to the club to firstly, celebrate her promotion at work and secondly, to introduce us to her new boyfriend. If she hadn’t begged me to come, I wouldn’t have thought of coming at all! She changed her boyfriends every few months and this guy would not be an exception!

 

After around 5 minutes, Bora came running from the street opposite. You could see that she had totally run the whole way here in her knee-length dress! And she was even clutching to her heels in her hands while she ran barefooted!  Aish, it’s just so hard to get angry at this girl.

 

We approached her and Hyosung gave Bora a deadly glare.

 

Bora lifted her hand to half-hug Hyosung and Hyosung smacked Bora's hand in mid-air. At that, Bora quickly changed target and put her arm over my shoulder. 

 

Suppressing my laughter, I turned to Bora and tried to put on a stern face. "Quickly put on your shoes! Empress Hyo is already angry at you and you still dare to make a joke of yourselves! Empress Hyo's reputation is of upmost importance and you are going to tarnish it! Aish, and you call yourself her friend.."

 

Bora gave me a look that said that I wasn't helping the situation get better. Bora put on her 'saleswoman' face and turned to Hyosung.

 

“I’m really sorry! Baby, don’t get angry alright! I wouldn’t do that ever! If my boss ever pleaded me to work overtime on a day when we had a date I would give him a punch in the face alright! Nothing’s going to make me be late for a date with my sweet Hyosung and Minhee!” Bora flashed her thousand-watt smile to Hyosung.

 

Giggling to myself, I pointed to Hyosung, telling her that it wasn’t me that she needed to pacify.

 

“Aww baby, just give me another chance!” Bora got ready to kneel in front of Hyosung and pulled up her dress.

 

“Oh my god! Pabo! Don’t do this in the public! Gosh, I’m so embarrassed to have you as a friend!” Hyosung quickly pulled Bora up and at the same time, dusted the dirt away from Bora.

 

There, my friends being so cute all the time! My life with them is just like a comedy! HAHAHA! If nobody wants to marry me in the future, I think I would just stick to the two of them in the future! Looking at their sweetness, they wouldn’t reject me!

 

“MINHEEEEEE!” Bora shouted into my ears!

 

I snapped out of my thoughts and turned to Hyosung.

 

“Baby, when’s your almighty boyfriend coming? Bora is just late for 30 minutes and you are already killing her! I wonder what will happen to the boy!”

 

Just like it was planned out, a man who looked like the father from the Simpsons movies came running towards Hyosung and hugged her from the back.

 

WOAH. Was this her boyfriend? And who are the other five guys behind Mr Simpson?