FINAL

Terrible Things
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Yong Jung-ah, want to help appa clean his room?”I asked as I walked into my office room. “Yes! Yong Jung wants to help!” he said jumping. He always loves to go through my stuff and ask me random questions. While I was cleaning the table, Yong Jung went over to a box hiden in the corner of the room. he opened the box and took out the things that’s in there. He placed it on the floor. “Appa, what’s this?” he asked. I looked up from my desk and saw him looking at the photo book. “That’s Appa’s picture. The same book that I put Yong Jung’s picture in it.”I explained as he open up the album. He was laughing at how I looked in the picture especially at the one where I was playing chest with my tigger.

 “Appa who is this?” Yong Jung asked as he was going through my photo album. I stood up and walked towards him. “That is omma.” I said looking at the face that I missed. “Appa, you have a lot of Omma’s Picture.” He said as he flipped the albums and I was far gone in my thoughts. “Appa, where is omma?” Yong Jung asked looking up from the album. I looked at him. “Well let me tell you a story of me and your omma.” I said as I nodded my head toward the bed and he followed and we sat on the bed. “YongJung.” I said and his hair. “When I was high school, your mother was the most beautiful woman I have ever seen….

It was senior year when I met her. She was the nerd of the school. But I didn’t care because I have fell in love with her beauty. Every day I would look at her and I realize the more I look at her the more I felt for her. More to that one day I was with my father at the orphanage when I saw her there too. It was like fate brought us together. I greeted her “Annyeonghasaeyeoh.” I said and she looked shocked to see me there.”I’m Bang Yongguk, I volunteer one a month with my dad.”I said but she didn’t answer. “Hee Jung right” and she nodded. “We go to the same school” I said “I know you’re me classmate” She said and I smiled. Soon we got to know each other. She was there because she uses to be an orphan until she was adopted by her current parents. So she came here once a week to help out and played with the kids.

It was Saturday when I asked her do she want to go to the lake. We rode my bicycle there. we sat at the grassy field and she told me her story “I use to be the outcast in this orphanage. No one’s wants to play with me because most couples want to adopt me but I was send back here because I didn’t obey their request. But soon this couple adopted me and when I didn’t obey them I thought maybe my fate is staying in the orphanage forever till I’m legal but I was wrong. They comfort me and told me is ok. I can take time to learn. I was graceful and I vow to never complain or ask for more.” She said at that moment I felt deep in love with her.

Every week we would meet up and volunteer at the orphanage and after that I would send her home. But then one day, she asked me “Can I tell you a wonderful thing?” She asked and I laughed. “I can’t help but notice the way you stares at me I know I shouldn’t have said this but I… I can tell you’re in love with me.” She said. I was shocked “Was I that obvious.” I asked. She laughed “Yes.” I blushed. I cleared my voice and held my hand out. She looked at me puzzled. “Will you, Kim Hee Jung Be Bang Yongguk’s Girlfriend?” I said “I Kim Hee Jung would.” She said. We came as a friend and went home as Boyfriend Girlfriend. Soon the whole school knows about me and Hee Jung. Everyone congrats us went we pass by but behind our behind they talked trash about Hee Jung but we both ignore them and we enjoyed high school together.

It was Saturday and we meet up to go the orphanage together. We were walking side by side hands locked. “Oppa, what do you like about me?” Hee jung asked looking at me. “I like how you would take care of the children even though you’re a child yourself.” I said and tapped her nose with my finger. She scrunched her nose and pout. “I’m not a child!” she exclaimed. I laughed and pull her into a hug. Soon we arrived at the orphanage and some kids just came at us like we are their food. I was fooling around with the children while Hee Jung helped with the food. The day just went by in a blink of an eye. We soon said our goodbye and went home.

The same routine has been repeated every week and soon we both graduated. Me & Hee Jung entered Seoul Fine Arts College. I took music department and Hee Jung took dancing. Even though we both were in different department, we still find time for us and the orphanage. It was our 2nd year in college and one day I asked her. “Babe, do you want to move in with me?” I asked since my apartment is nearer to the campus. “I would love too but..” I cut her off “No But.” I said and gave her a kiss.

“….And then few weeks later, your omma moved into appa’s house and lived together.” I said and his hair. Yong Jung yawned and snuggled closer to me. “Omma sounds like wonderful. I want *yawn* meet omma.” He said and felt asleep with his head on my arm. ‘Yong Jung-ah, appa really doesn’t want you to go through what I’ve been through. Appa pray every day hoping God will show you life in a different way. Life can do terrible things.’

 

-Flashback-

 

“Oppa! We are late! Wake up!” you said as you pulled him up from the bed. “Hee Jung-ah 10 more minutes.” He said and went back to sleep. “Oppa! You said it 30 minutes ago. Wake up~” you said. When he didn’t move, you pulled the blanket up and hit his . “AH!” he shouted “What was that for!” He hissed. “Get your up or I’ll leave without you.” You said and walked out of the room. You waited for him by the door as he came out of the room freshly cleaned. He wore his shoe and you gave him his breakfast. “Eat when we reach campus.” You said. He gave you a kissed on the forehead and you both headed to school. When you reach the campus before you both part ways, he gave you another kiss. “Don’t cheat while I’m not watching” He said. You hit his chest and he laughed “Bye Oppa.” You said.

After class you went home by yourself since it is Thursday and every Thursday, Yongguk will hang out with his group of friends. It was a week after you both were official, his friends told him they will hang out at Daehyun’s place but he let down the offer and coincidently you were beside him. Heck his always beside you 24/7 even when you both live opposite areas. When you saw how Yongguk look at his group of friends while they leave, you told him that is okay to have fun even is just for the day. He protested but you clearly told him to go hang out with them. So that became his every Thursday routine. He will be over his friend’s house and you home alone free from yongguk.

It was a normal Saturday and you were laying on the couch your back against yongguk’s chest. You were on the internet while yongguk flipping the channel on the TV. Yongguk stopped at a certain channel and focu

Please log in to read the full chapter