It's Bright

If You Know Everything...

    The doorbell buzzed for the fifth time, but Myungsoo wasn’t up for answering it. He had finally gotten to the boss level and he refused to be interrupted. The buzzing turned into pounding, if it were anyone else they would think there were murders outside the door, but Myungsoo knew it was Sunggyu whose bladder was about to burst, and Hoya who hadn’t eaten all day. The other three were awkwardly standing behind them holding twelve packs of soda. Drinking alcohol wasn’t allowed, they need clarity and focus when they were gaming.

    Myungsoo, unable to find that clarity and focus with all the noise, lost his final life in the game. Annoyed he went to the door letting them in giving both Hoya and Sunggyu a smack on the head.

    “You made me lose.” Myungsoo muttered.

    “Not now!” Sunggyu said sprinting to the bathroom.

    “We bought drinks, now where’s the food?” Hoya asked.

    Myungsoo pointed over to his kitchen, where he had set out bowls of jjajangmyun. They came over to game every week and as a result Myungsoo’s kitchen had become bare, so they had to put a rule in place that they would bring food and drinks each time, Tonight was Myungsoo’s turn to buy the food, and Woohyun’s for the drinks.

    Myungsoo looked at the other three coldly, they had been coming to his house for three months now, but they were still awkward around the maknae. His tendency to glare didn’t help much. Myungsoo went back to his game and turned it off, it was only a one player game . He put in a different game that let up to four people play and went back to the kitchen,

    “So me and Woohyun have a definite spot in today’s game, we have room for two more, who’s it gonna be?” Myungsoo asked.

    Hoya and Sungyeol both shot their hands up, Dongwoo who was busy eating was a moment too late.

    “Dongwoo Dongwoo Dongwoo,” Hoya patted his back. “Sunggyu’s a tough one to beat, I feel kinda bad that my reflexes are so quick.”

    Dongwoo huffed, “If I lose I’m picking you.” He said bitterly.

    “Harsh...” Hoya said with a smirk.

    This was the way game nights went. Four would play a video game while the other two would play a board game, whoever lost the board game would have to buy food the next week and would pick one of the people who played the video game to buy the drinks. The ones who bought things during the current week were exempt.

    Sunggyu came back from the bathroom to see the four of them already starting the game with bowls of jjajangmyun in their laps. Dongwoo was sulkily eating his at the table.

    “You’re not supposed to chose without me!” Sunggyu shouted.

    “How long did you want us to wait? We were getting bored.” Hoya called.

    “Oh I don’t know MAYBE THIRTY SECONDS!” Sunggyu yelled, as he angrily opened his jjajangmyun and then bitterly broke apart his chopsticks and furiously slurped up his noodles.

    “What game are we playing.” he asked Dongwoo.

    “What game are you bad at?” Dongwoo replied.

    Sunggyu rolled his eyes and walked over to the cabinet where Myungsoo stored his games and pulled out a chess board.

    “Chess? You pick the most boring game he has?” Dongwoo groaned.

    “Just set up your pieces.” Sunggyu ordered.

They played like that for an hour or so, Dongwoo lost to Sunggyu ten minutes into the game so they had been going through all of Myungsoo’s other board games.

    “Now I understand why they’re called bored games.” Dongwoo whined.

    “We’re taking a break” Sungyeol called to the other two. They got up and stretched their legs, Hoya and Woohyun went to the bathroom and Myungsoo went to his room to look for something. Sungyeol took a phone call.

    “You’re bringing the drinks next time Hoya!” Dongwoo called earning a groan in reply.

    After five minutes everyone had finished whatever they were doing and sat back in their places, Myungsoo came in with a couple of handheld consoles and handed them to Sunggyu and Dongwoo.

    “You were bored.” he stated, before going back to his spot.

    Dongwoo excitedly turned his on, Sunggyu smiled knowing that Dongwoo’s mind must have been really annoying Myungsoo.

    Sunggyu and Myungsoo had been friends the longest out of the group. Since Sunggyu was in middle school Myungsoo had followed him around, he later found out it was because Sunggyu’s mind was purple, It was the first time he had seen that color of mind. A few years later Sunggyu had found his way into music and Myungsoo took the photos for his first album. That’s when Myungsoo became more of a friend than a dongsaeng to Sunggyu.

    Myungsoo met Hoya three years ago at a photoshoot for one of Hoya’s dramas, Myungsoo was a very sought after photographer, and Hoya was a very sought after actor, they started talking after the photoshoot and found out they had a lot in common, a.k.a. gaming.

    When they first found out Myungsoo could read minds they had reacted differently than most people. They weren’t freaked out, they didn’t say he was crazy, after they made sure he wasn’t lying they treated him like he was normal. He felt indebted to them because of it, but he wouldn’t tell them that even on his death bed.

    They boys were deeply into their games when Sungyeol pressed pause, leading to shouts from the other three, The two with the handheld game didn’t even look up.

    “I’m sorry, my friend keeps calling me and it’s distracting, I’ll only talk to him for a second.” He answered his vibrating phone with the eyes of the others burning a hole through him. “What? What is so important that you would call me 13 times? ... Then go out and do something! ... Find some more friends then, I can’t hang out with you all the time. ... no! They would kill me ... because you aren’t the type of person they like to be around ... I know, because I don’t like being around you either ... okay fine I take that back ... no you still can’t ... aegyo doesn’t work over the phone idiot ... I don’t care ...  then get a dog ... then get a cat! ... fine! Fine I’ll ask! Just stop calling me I’ll text you with the answer.” He hung up the phone looking exhausted from the short conversation.

    “What are you supposed to ask?” Hoya said curiously.

    “I’ve got this friend, he wanted to hang out today but I came here instead, so he wants to come over too. You don’t have to...”

    “Sure tell him to come over!” Hoya said.

    “Wait hold on.” Myungsoo said “This is my house why do you get to say who comes over?” He asked Hoya.

    “Because if I didn’t then no one would ever come over and you would die alone without friends.” Hoya said while he motioned for Sungyeol to text his friend.

    “I would not! I have Sunggyu.” He said.

    “Sunggyu would leave you in the dust the second he gets a girlfriend.” Hoya said.

    “He’s right.” Sunggyu chimed in, still playing his game.

    Hoya smirked knowing he won.

    “Whatever.” Myungsoo muttered. Crossing his arms.

    Sungyeol looked up from his phone. “Well, apparently he was already on his way when he called... so he’ll be here in about five minutes.” He looked embarrassed because of his friend.

    “Tell us about him before he get’s here.” Woohyun said.

    “Well, he’s twenty,” Sungyeol started.

    “Hey! That means you won’t be the maknae for once.” Hoya said pushing Myungsoo’s shoulder.

    “He also doesn't really play games often, that’s why I didn’t want him to come...”

    “That’s okay we can find him something to do.” Woohyun said.

    “There’s one more thing... He’s kind of ... His personality is... well you’ll see when he get’s here.” Sungyeol rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

    The doorbell buzzed about ten times quickly.

“It’s cold out here let me in!” Someone yelled from the other side of the door.

“Yeah thats him.” Sungyeol sighed going to open the door.

The person on the other side stomped through the doorway. Myungsoo was shocked. He was bright yellow, yellow was a color Myungsoo had never seen before, and the brightness was almost blinding, but that was unimportant, because for some reason, Myungsoo couldn’t read his mind.    

 

Author's note:

Okay I know it's still short, but it's twice as long as my average so I'm proud of myself.

We sort of met Sungjong in this chapter! ㅋㅋㅋ

This chapter might be a little boring because I tried to shove all the charachter introductions into it *sigh*

Comment please, It makes me so unbeliveably happy to see new comments!

Tell me what you like, tell me what you don't, tell me what you're curious about!