CHAPTER 3: Minah x Hyeri My Best Friend's Cousin

Girl's Day's Darling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minah was chilling in her backyard at the pool with her friends. Lizzy, Eunji, Baekho & Joohyuk. Lizzy and Eunji were having water fights with the boys who splashed the water like no tomorrow. Minah just watched her friends scream and yell at each other while they were gettig soaked. After quarreling, the guys surrendered to the girls. 

We could have won. Baekho murmered. 

Let's just forget it. Joohyuk chirpped. 

Joohyuk, I heard your cousin was going to stay for a while. Minah said 

Well, to be honest, I don't see the point in it though, we only have 11 days left before school starts. Joohyuk replied. 

It's because she starts school late right? Eunji asked 

Joohyuk nodded. 

Bring her here to hang with us. Minah suggested. 

Ugh.. we don't get along though. Joohyuk responded. 

Why? Lizzy asked 

Well, we're opposites of each other. She's loud & energetic. While I like it peaceful and relaxing. So when I'm trying to relax she'd just barge into my room and make me do something I don't want to do. Joohyuk replied. 

Well, she's a girl and we're girls. I think we'll get along fine. Minah asserted. 

Yeah just bring her! Eunji suggested. 

But... Joohyuk said and was cut off by the girls telling him to bring her with him tomorrow. After having no chance to say anything he gave up and agreed. After that, they all went inside Minah's house. But Joohyuk and Baekho had to leave because Joohyuk has to help his cousin unpack and all while Baekho has work. 

Are you sure it's alright to not tell them? Baekho asked 

Baekho was seated on the passenger seat in Joohyuk's car who's driving. 

I don't know.. Joohyuk chirpped. 

What if she just suddenly shocks them? Baekho asks. 

Then I guess I have no other choice but to tell them. Joohyuk answered 

Joohyuk pulled up in front where there was a coffee shop. Baekho got off the car and thanked him. 

Thanks for the ride bro. Baekho said 

No worries. Joohyuk responded. 

Joohyuk arrived at his house and walked in. 

Hey. Hyeri greeted. 

Joohyuk sighed. 

Yah, we're going somewhere tomorrow so don't start with your pranks again alright? Joohyuk said. 

Whatever Granny, quit nagging me. Hyeri croaked. 

Aish.. you little. Joohyuk said as he pinched her cheek and walked upstairs to his room. 

Ow.. I swear, if he wasn't older than me then oh I would have showed him a lesson. Hyeri mumbled to herself while she went to her room. 

Hmm.. no pranks huh? we should see. Hyeri said with a smirk on her face. 

---------------

Next day, Joohyuk, Hyeri picked up Baekho and drove to Minah's house. While driving, Joohyuk secretly prayed that his devious cousin Hyeri wouldn't pull any pranks on his friends. That was the part he was trying to tell them before they cut him off. Hyeri wasn't like any other girl, true she's a beauty and all but she's not scared of the things that normal girls are scared of. She grew up hanging with guys and playing with bugs and catching mice. 

Yah.. Lee Joohyuk what are you doing? Baekho chirpped. 

I what? Joohyuk asked 

We're already at the front of the house so are you going to let us off or not? Baekho asked 

Oh yeah. Joohyuk muttered as he unlocked the car door. While doing that Hyeri walked by him and stuck her toungue at him. Joohyuk rolled his eyes as he crashed his shoulders with Hyeri. 

Are you sure they're going to be alright? What if Hyeri pranks them like what she did to me? Baekho asked. 

I don't know. Other than her friend Sojin back at her place she's never talked with girls before. Joohyuk responded. 

Hey, there's a liquor shop in the front you want anything I'm going, Hyeri asked 

Nah. Just come back without having to call me to go to the police station. Joohyuk retorted. 

Okay mother. Hyeri teased 

Hyeri checked if Joohyuk and Baekho were gone and she smirked once they were gone. 

Time to test out friendships. Hyeri said  

------------

Hey where's your cousin? Minah asked 

She's at the liquor store hopefully not causing trouble. Joohyuk responded. 

You just let a girl go to the liquor store by herself? What if she gets harassed? Eunji chirpped. 

Trust me, she's not just any kind of girl. Joohyuk retorted. 

Whatever. Just go pick her up, we'll wait for you guys in Minah's room. Lizzy croaked 

Whoa whoa whoa.. Why do I have to go with him? Baekho chirpped 

Just go. Eunji demanded. 

Fine. Pushy. Baekho murmered. 

----

The guys were about to go pick up Hyeri until screams errupted in Minah's room. The guys ran up the stairs and opened the door to Minah's room to find Minah's room filled with huge cockroaches. 

I knew she was going to do this.. Joohyuk murmered. 

Do what? KILL THE BUGS! Minah screamed as she was jumping on the bed. 

LEE HYERI! Joohyuk shouted. 

Hyeri popped out like an innocent girl. 

Yes? What may I do for you my beloved cousin? Hyeri acted 

Joohyuk glared at her. 

Get the bugs out of Minah's room right now. Joohyuk commanded. 

But- 

NOW! 

Fine.. Hyeri sulked. 

Hyeri was inside Minah's room getting rid of the bugs and the rest were relaxing in Minah's living room. Joohyuk explained everything to them and they were still shocked to believe that the two were cousins. 

I can't believe that girl's your cousin. Eunji chirpped. 

Yeah, well you remember when I was trying to tell you something but you guys cut me off? This was what I was trying to warn you guys about. Joohyuk asserted. 

How were we supposed to know that? Minah sulked 

Forget it. Either way, now you know that Hyeri's a prankster. So that's been done. Now you guys have to figure out what to do when she gets ideas to prank each one of you. Joohyuk stated. 

She wouldn't prank us. Lizzy defended. 

Tch, like she wouldn't. She pranked me back them when I was first at Joohyuk's house. Baekho responded. 

Is there anyway to control her? Eunji questioned. 

Welp, I don't know. Joohyuk said 

As they were talking, Hyeri slowly came down the stairs and sat down next to Joohyuk. 

So what are we going to do? Hyeri asked 

I have something for you to do. Joohyuk replied. 

Nope. Any one else? Hyeri asked 

Yah, Lee Hyeri. If you're seriously going to be like this I'm going to take you back. Joohyuk retorted. 

Fine, I'm sorry for pulling a prank on you and filling your room up with bugs. Hyeri said. 

After apologizing, everyone decided to just relax in Minah's living room as they watched movies and ate snacks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter