Alfresco

Carpe Diem (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His POV

"Stop making fun of me or you're gonna face the wrath of my husband," she said.

I feel myself grinning involuntarily.

"Woah," Jaehyun uttered as he patted her head. "Keep calm cheonsa. I was just kidding."

He continued, smirking, "So now he's your knight-in-shining armor, huh?"

Her face is beet-red when she shouted, "Minho-Oppa, someone here needs your beating."

Minho Oppa . . . 

Did I hear it correctly? She just called me Minho-Oppa. Without any hesitation.

Am I still alive? Then, why is the thumping of my heart the only thing that I'm hearing?

Interview Room:

"She called me Oppa without stuttering," I said as I grinned. "It's a first."

End of Interview.

"Minho?" the photographer asked.

"Nae, Mr. Joon," she stated. "Dude here's not actually making story. I am actually married to SHINee's Choi Minho. And he's here."

It was then that the photographer, as well as the other crews, started to notice me in the location. I raised my hand as a sign of saying hello to everyone.

Still confused, the photographer asked, "How?"

I shouted, "We just got married, hyung," as a response to his confusion.

"Oh," he finally understood that we're in the reality show. 

Interview Room:

I: It's the first time for both of you to announce in public about your marriage.

"Nae," I said while grinning. "It actually feels good. It's like I already drew a fine line for guys to understand that she's off-limits already."

"It just really feels... reassuring?" I laughed it off since I don't know how to describe the giddiness I'm feeling. 

End of Interview.

Spectators' Side:

"Aigoo," Mi Sun exclaimed. "Someone's being possessive."

Seulong nodded rigorously. He's probably a shipper of the two.

Minho's Side:

Botanical Garden - 11:36 am 

Finally, it was a wrap for their shoot.

Interview Room:

I: Are you ready for the picnic?

"I'm excited," I said as I nod my head. "But there's also a part of me that is nervous."

End of Interview.

The staffs have already packed and they're ready to leave.

Meanwhile, the two models were still talking.

"Babe," her dude said, which made me want to strangle him. What's with his endearments? Cheonsa? Jagiya? Now babe? "It really that we can't do our plans of playing tourists for this whole day. Now who am I going to spend my Valentine's Day?"

He even pouted.

She then pinched his cheeks. She also pouted. "It's not like I planned to stand you up. And much worse, to make you feel lonely. But I'm sure, there are others who would be willing to accompany your lonely soul, now that the special and brilliant moi need to attend something. Go and unleash the flirt within you."

"Yah," he uttered. "You're being narcissistic once again, praising yourself. And what the? Flirt? You know I've never been one."

She smiled, "Yes. You've never been a flirt and it's killing me that you're still not dating anyone, just because of your timidness when it comes to approaching girls you like."

"It's not as if I always tell you who I like," he argued.

"You don't even need to tell me because I know your type. And I know you're a person who fancies girls like... hmmm," he covered as for her not to spill his little crush to anyone.

"Hmmm.... Hmmm..." 

"I'll let go of you," he said still covering . "But promise not to blurt out anything."

She nodded and he unhurriedly let go of her.

Soo Jung then quickly blurted, "Girls like my unnie. Unnie, this is the first time I'm going to tell you but he had a little crush on you before and you're still the standard for him....hmm...hmm..."

He covered again, cheeks really reddening because of his best friend's confession.

"Aish," he exasperatedly said. "I knew you'll do that. You're really. Aish. Cheonsa."

She did an effort to be freed from his hold. 

Finally free, she laughed out loud, making her best effort to hide her face.

"Dude, you're face. Seriously. I can't."

She still laughed as she fanned his flustered face with her hands.

"Why can't she be carefree like that when I'm the one stuck with her?" I thought.

"Just go and have your date with your husband," her best friend then backfired.

It was her turn to have a flushed face.

"Stop saying nonsense," she said. "Anyways, yes goodbye. I'm sorry that we have to cancel our plans, chingu. I'll see you around, then?"

She hugged him. 

She just friggin' hug him.

"Arasso," he uttered as he kissed her cheek. "Au revoir mate. And Happy Heart's Day."

She also kissed his cheek, "Adios amigo. Happy Valentine's to you too. Be careful going home, nae?"

"I see what you did there, cheonsa. Playing as a polyglot again, I see," he winked.

"I can say the same to you, Dude. Anyways, bye!"

They waved their hands to each other, smiles plastered on their faces.

Why am I truly feeling bitter? Sulky even? 

Interview Room:

"Ah," I said as if I've just realized something. "So they're that close? They're in that level of intimacy, huh?"

I nodded as I smiled. It may have looked like a sarcastic or a bitter smile, but I really don't know how to feel.

I really don't know what to say in this darn room, but really, I'm hoping that this would be the last time that I'll be seeing her together with that guy.

End of Interview.

Spectators' Side:

"Omo," Mi Sun commented. "Look at how he smiled."

"A sarcastic smile?" Amber pointed out.

"Daebak," Seulong stated. "It's just the start of their marriage, but it seems like it doesn't have a great start. Guys around your wife. Jealousy. Really daebak."

"Why are you mum this whole time, Jinwoon?" Amber asked.

Jinwoon just shrugged off and smiled, which made the others laugh.

Minho's Side:

Shaking her head off, probably recalling her, as well as her best friend's silly banter, she proceeded going towards me.

"Minho-sunbae," she uttered. "What are you really doing here?"

She was surely feeling dumbfounded. But what's up with addressing me sunbae once again?

Why can she be sweet to another guy and then act like stranger towards me?

I don't want to but I'm feeling quite aggrieved.

"What do you think about having a picnic today?" I asked, nervous.

They shot in a Botanical Garden, luckily. The weather's also fine. It could have been a perfect day for a picnic. The ambiance is good but I still feel sulky.

"They're best friends in that level of intimacy?" I thought grimly.

I shrugged the thought and sulkiness away.

"It seems great," she started. "But it's not like we have food in a basket, suddenly appearing."

As if getting the hang of it, she looked at me and asked, "Unless someone has prepared it. But waeyo?"

I hand-signed my manager-hyung to bring the basket I've prepared.

"Ta-daaaaa...." I enunciated, acting excited. "Are you forgetting that today is Valentine's Day and we just got married? Don't you think it's enough reason to celebrate?"

"Uhuh, I guess so," she said. 

She still gives curt answers. Is she happy, surprised even, with the event I've equipped for her? I shook off the befuddlement of what she's currently feeling. I just smiled at her and said, "Great."

I looked at her manager.

"Can we go somewhere here in this garden that can really give off the picnic vibes, hyung?" I asked him.

"Well, I've seen a big tree uphill," her manager-hyung explained. "But you have to walk for awhile until you reach it. Just follow that path and you'll be able to see a little steep road."

I just nodded and told her, "Kaja?"

"Nae," she replied.

And so, we walked. The path was actually quite long, just like what hyung described it to be.

We had some little talks.

"How's your day?" I asked. "Had enough rest?"

"Yes," she curtly said. "What about you?"

"I didn't really slept quite well," I honestly said. "But the rest I've had in train could suffice, I guess?"

She smiled then.

I don't really like to bombard her with questions. But I want to let go of some curiosity.

"It seems like your relationship with your best friend's really great," I stated rather than questioned.

"Uhuh," she said while nodding her head.

"I see," as I also nodded and decided to reprimand myself from asking.

Spectators' Side:

"And here we go," Seulong started. "Everyone, what you are witnessing is the start of an interrogator inquiring for answers to some hidden conflicts."

"Stop squealing, I mean smiling like an idiot, Ong," Jinwoon stated as rebuking, except in a comical way.

Minho's Side:

"Hmm...." I started awkwardly. "I think we're getting closer to the place. Do you think it's that?" I pointed on the steep path.

"I guess so."

It's a good thing, the path's not that steep. And it's not like we're mountain climbing, since the road that we're walking into's already cemented.

Uphill - 11:54 am

At last, we've managed to go uphill. It may not be a high/steep hill, but it's still magnificent. The view here looks daebak.

I spread the picnic blanket and asked her to join me in sitting.

"Take out all the food and choose what you wanna eat," I instructed her to open the basket for her to take a peek of what I've prepared.

"Chocolate bread," she squealed exuberantly. I knew it. She'll pick the bread first.

I still looked at her as she took out everything from the basket.

She was excited seeing a lot of food.

"What's this sandwich made of?" At last, she finally asked.

"It's a turkey sandwich," I told her in a whisper-like tone. I mean, what should I tell her? I brought this to have, like, a peace offering because we had a little misunderstanding awhile ago?

"Where did you buy this?" she asked. "I thought there are not much stores selling this kind of sandwich?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter