Be my Valentine

Carpe Diem (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His POV

Sitting in a car's hood, probably his car, I've seen a figure looking so bored. This was what first met my eyes when I exited our company. It looks like the guy is waiting for someone.

He actually looks quite familiar. Like I've already seen him somewhere. Perhaps a new trainee I have bumped into, once or twice. Probably sensing my presence, the lanky statuesque-like man had stood up straight.

"Any problems dude?" he asked arrogantly, probably testing if he could intimidate me. "What are you looking at?"

"Naaah..... Just wondering where I've seen you before," I've calmly uttered, although deep inside I'd like to teach this guy a lesson or two about how to be more respectful and less arrogant. "Are you a trainee here? You seem familiar."

"No," he said curtly, looking at me raptly.

I thought so. Our trainees are never disrespectful like this to their sunbaes.

For some reason, I get the feeling that he disdains me. Why though?

"Okay then," I shrugged but remained calm. "But since you're in no way a part of our town, then this is a piece of advice, might as well park to somewhere else. Your car's blocking our company. Anyway, good day gentleman."

I hope not to meet that arrogant man again.

I left and proceeded to go to where my car is park and went back to my condo unit to think of what's gonna happen tomorrow.

Should I inform Jinri about this?

Nah, I'll tell her soon, but not now.

"I wonder who's gonna be married to me," this is what I thought before sleep has consumed and taken over my body.

We Got Married

Day 1 - My Label mate, My Valentine

LOCATION: Outside the SMtown building, 11:00 pm (Feb. 13, 2014)

Interview Room:

"Annyeonhaseyo everyone," I greeted. "My name is Choi Minho, the flaming charisma of SHINee and I'm gonna be part of We Got Married."

"What is your reaction when you discovered that you're gonna be here?" the interviewer asked.

"I'd be lying if I'll say I'm not nervous cause I am," I answered. "Being the 3rd one in our group to be here in this show, I am honestly shocked that my company has approved it, me being here."

"Did you seek Taemin and Key's advice, knowing that one has done filming and the other is shooting for the Global Edition?"

"I didn't really ask for their advice that much, but I did tell them that I'm gonna be here," I uttered. "Jonghyun-hyung and Onew-hyung are jealous."

I even grinned because I can still imagine the two's face when I told the members that I'm gonna be here. I did keep the part that I have a hunch that it's gonna be a label mate.

"Do you have any ideal girl in mind?"

"The same as before. Someone who looks the most beautiful when she flips her hair. Sporty. Somewhat dependent to her oppa, well I'll appreciate it if she'll be dependent to me and not to other guys. Does aegyo sometimes, but not clingy. Wears dress as well."

It feels like I'm describing Jinri, minus the sporty and flipping part.

"Invite your fans to watch you."

"Hello everyone," I started while smiling. "I'm gonna be paired up to someone in this show. Hopefully, you'll give me as well as my wife your 101% support. Let's spread love, de? WGM Hwaiting!" I did the fighting pose and grinned in front of the camera.

"Wife huh?" I sarcastically thought.

End of Interview.

Today is the first day of our shooting. We were actually supposed to film at 9:00 am but someone informed me that there's some kind of a conflict that happened, like some misunderstanding or something. I've even cleared off my schedule from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm because they said that it usually just takes about 2-3 hours to shoot an episode. Thus, the time being changed to 11:00 pm because this is my only free time.

"How incompetent," I thought bitterly as I really wanna back out from this show.

Today, I'm gonna be wedded in the public's eyes and I'll be meeting their chosen wife. I still wonder who's it gonna be. Can it really be a label mate? It's not like they're just fooling around but I'm honestly not excited. How I don't like this show.

I received a mission card.

Mission: Just a day, people will celebrate one of the most anticipated couple-holidays in our country. February 14 - Valentine's Day. Find a girl who knows the difference of how our country and other countries celebrate this holiday. Asked her who she wants to celebrate it with if she'll ever have the chance to. Answer's initials are JD.

"Only JD?" I asked in front of the camera to be sure.

Hint: She's a label mate who can match up with your competitiveness.

"So, I'm right huh? A label mate. Why, could this get a lot more awkward?" I thought sarcastically.

Spectator (Host) Side:

The main hosts in this season would be Park Mi Sun, Amber Liu, Im Seulong and Jung Jinwoon.

"Hello everyone," Amber greeted, enthusiastically. "Today, we're gonna witness how Minho-oppa would meet his soon-to-be wife."

"Oppa?" Jinwoon bantered. "Shouldn' you call him hyung?"

Amber glared and everyone laughed.

"She's a girl so she should call him Oppa," Mi Sun corrected. "Anyway, aren't you and Minho label mates?"

"Deeeeh" Amber agreed.

"Are you guys close?" questioned Seulong.

"We are," Amber said. "All of us in SMtown are close like a family"

"JYP Nation members are also super close," both the 2am singers interjected.

And they expressed mirth.

"What's it gonna be tomorrow?" Mi Sun asked.

"Tomorrow's gonna be Valentine's day," Seulong replied, disbelief look prominent in his face. "How can you not know that?"

"Oh," Mi Sun comically nodded as if she just remembered.

"Your memory's downgrading, sign of being a middle aged," Jinwoon commented which earned yet another laughter on the set while Mi Sun pouted.

"What is it about the culture of celebrating here in our country and in other countries?"

"In some countries, you don't need to just give a present to a special one. You can give cards and chocolates to friends or something. It's also not customary to receive gifts and to really put so much effort like making chocolates, it's okay in other countries if you just bought your gifts in a store as long as you give/greet," Amber explained. "In our country on the other hand, it's like Valentine's Day is all about the men because girls give the chocolate to the guy they want and not the other way around. Girls here also much prefer it that they make the chocolate themselves as a sign of sincerity. What other countries celebrate for about a day in a year, takes like 3 days in our year --- Valentine's Day, White Day and Black Day."

The three others nodded as a sign that they now understood.

"How can someone know that then?" Mi Sun questioned.

"Unless the wife came from another culture. Another country," Seulong pointed out.

"Then, Minho's gonna be married with a foreigner, aye?" Jinwoon asked confused.

"I don't know but I heard it's also gonna be a label mate," Amber hinted.

"If that's true, then they'll be the first couple as label mates to be featured here in this show," Mi Sun stated with the "as a matter of fact" tone.

"Daebak then," Seulong said amazed. "Who are your label mates that came from other countries?"

"SNSD's Tiffany and Jessica, Vic Omma, Soo Jung-ah, and me," Ambere answered.

"Plot twist is that it's gonna be Amber that he'll marry," Jinwoon comically uttered.

They laughed with the idea and Amber added, "MinBer hwaiting!"

Minho's Side:

I'm still outside the building. Not a lot of artists are here today. I waited patiently and thankfully, Luna was just about to enter our company building.

She would just be the second person that I'll ask apropos the difference of celebrating Valentine's here and other countries.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter