Luck and Dude

Carpe Diem (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her POV

Earlier, I've received a text from Mr. Kim that I need to go to his office. He said that he need to discuss something important to me. I'm in a pictorial for the March issue of a magazine. Coupled with the infamous Ahn Jae Hyun, we are bound to be the covers for the next month. And yes if you're wondering, he's the famous model, slash arising actor. Well, what can I say?

Be jealous people.

I laughed silently with the silly thought encompassing in my mind. Having to go work with this fine lad for quite some time now, we managed to pull off a vibrant aura on the set, without any awkwardness radiating amongst us. We've shot at ease, not much of embarrassment.

Well, not until the people started pointing out how lovely the shots are. From time to time, the photographer would suggest things and compliment our chemistry. They are so awed by our photographs.

"You two could be a couple. Why don't you go to a priest and marry already?" the photographer commented.

"We'll consider your suggestion, hyung. On which church would you like to be wedded, jagiya?" my partner replied jokingly, causing a laughter to the whole set.

"Yaaaaaaah!" I shouted as I tried to hide my already tomato-like face.

Of course I blushed. I don't like being in the center of attention. And that's how I felt. Being in the center. It didn't help much either that they're so into our chemistry. And what made me flushed more is when he called me jagiya.

Some constant compliments, bantering and laughs on our pictorial and we decided to call it a day.

"Jung-ah, you want me take you home?"

And that's Jae Hyun offering a ride.

"Thanks but no thanks! I know you're too busy and the least I can do to my favorite oppa is to not entangle you. Just go home already Hyun-ah," I replied teasingly. "And besides, you have to like rest and sleep. Your eye bags are getting worse."

"Insult me for all you want cheonsa, but we all know who's carrying a bigger baggage under her eyes," he countered while he is looking playfully at me. "I suggest you also rest. Why not rest together?"

I crimsoned as he winked. The nerve of this guy. And me, bigger eye bags? I frantically touched under my eyes and looked at myself in my phone.

"Yaaah! My bags are not that big. And you! You're being a once again. How can you suggest such thing," I've said as I rode his playfulness, hitting him in his arm. "And for your information, I was not insulting you. I was merely pointing out things as what a best girl-friend should do." I even quoted the "best girl-friend" with my hands to emphasize what I'm trying to argue.

"Hey! You're the dirty minded one. That's not what I'm trying to imply. I'm suggesting that we should like text each other to sleep so that we'll be sleeping almost simultaneously," he defended himself, laughing probably amused by how red my cheeks are again.

"Just go home already, Oppa!" I said, feigning annoyance.

He continued to laugh, sensing that it'll annoy me purely. As how you can witness our playfulness to each other, he's my guy best friend. Basically, we are as closed as a pact. We are partners in crime and we know each other so much. So to the ladies who are mesmerized by him, I warn you now that this guy is not easy to deal with. I shake off my head with the idea. But seriously, I would be giddy if he'll find the perfect match for him. A girl that'll cherish him the way he does towards people he really cares for. He's like the sweetest and corniest dork I've ever known.

"Someone has not been able to take her medicines today, grinning and shaking her head. Like have you gone insane, love?" he still playfully stated. "And you calling me Oppa? Has the world stopped revolving, huh Jung Soo Jung? What do you need now?"

He's grinning like he's winning. And no, I don't really call him oppa even though he's a year older than me. I call him Hyun-ah, Ahn Jae Hyun, and dude. Calling him oppa is like a once in a blue moon thing. It's really weird for the both of us, for him to hear me and for me to say the honorifics, so we dropped it. Well not unless, I'm in a sticky situation or I need a favor from him, then I use it.

"Dude, I just need you to stop messing around with me," I playfully started. "And again, go home. Like seriously, you're tired. I don't like to burden you. And besides, I'm not yet going home. I still need to go to SM company."

"Then I still insist. I'll wait for you outside, until you finish your conversation with your Seonsangnim. And then, we'll go home. Sounds like a perfect plan done by an adorable and perfect man, eh?" he said confidently like he's the world's perfect planner.

"Why so persistent?" I said wearing a cheeky smile in my face.

He just pouted which just didn't help at all. I laughed aloud. I mean, he's cute doing that but come on, a model renowned as a chic lad is doing a pout. How laughable. How adorable.

He still continued pouting and said, "You should also stop messing around with me missy. Now how can you resist such a fine lad's offer?" He pinched my cheeks.

"Ouch... Fine, I'll let you be my chaperone," I said to create an effect as if I have no other choice.

And so we headed to my company's building. The ride was smooth, fun and just how we are when we are together. A little bit of bantering. And then, switching to sappy talks sometimes only we understand. And a lot more of bantering. That's what you'll have to expect when the partners in crime are together.

At last, we arrived.

"Be good Ahn Jae Hyun," I stated. "Ya! You'll be dead if I hear someone say you did something wicked."

He raised his hands in defeat and pouted innocently, "Okay. Might as well tell me directly not to go out of my car, eh?"

I stuck my tongue out.

I went immediately to the office. I was about to enter when I heard that Mr. Kim's still talking to someone. I then decided to go to one of our practice rooms to wait there for like some minutes but I was put into a halt when I heard the voice of that someone. It is Minho's voice.

"Is it just a personnel here? If yes, then how can you say that the issue is true?" Minho said.

"As I've said, you'll know soon," our CEO. "Anyways, I don't need your assurance, whether you deny it, apropos the matter, I was just awaiting to witness your reaction when I've asked you if it's true. I know it already. Minho and Jinri. In a relationship. For how long was it again? Two years right?"

What the?

So... Minho and Sulli are already exposed.

But how?

Where did he find out?

When did he find out?

Who told him?

What's gonna happen to their relationship?

What's gonna happen to their relationship. . . This question.

"The same thing that has happened to you and him," my mind's like telling me this.

I was put in a trance of thoughts and the never-ending horror has entered its way again into my mind.

flashback:

"We can't date any longer Stal-ah," these were the words he told me that has hurt me and still hunts me. "I don't look at you the way you see me now. There has to be some kind of misundertanding here. I don't know whatever we are now, for the past months or years or what we have become during those times, but I am clearly not in love with you anymore."

"I'm sorry Stal, but we could still be the best friends that we were before, right? Maybe we're really not destined to be a...."

"Hold on there Oppa," I interjected, preventing the tears from falling in my face. "You're joking, right? Really, stop this nonsense."

"Forgive me Jung Soo Jung, but really, it has never been a game for me," he explained wanting to sound as sincere as possible. But crap! How can he? "Perhaps I just fell out of love and....."

I deliberately

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter