His Solicitude

Carpe Diem (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her POV

"Are you willing to be my Valentine for the rest of this season?" he asked me.

What the hell? When did he got this cheesy? I remembered us promising to each other, not to have such a bookish, novel-ish kind of romantic love.

"But that was in the past Soo Jung. Everything has changed already the moment you walked out of his life."

Realizing it might have been, just so he could erase the awkwardness filling the air, I just said, "Unfortunately."

I was kinda smiling, just so I wouldn't have the opportunity to laugh out loud with his cheesiness.

I was put out with my reverie when the PD-nim spoke.

"Okay, cut! Break for awhile. Minho-sshi, your line came out somewhat cheesier than what we've anticipated but I think it would create great fits of laughter to viewers so it's okay. You guys look wonderful together. I can see why your CEO approved the two of you to join our show. Krystal-sshi..."

I cut him off, "I'm sorry for intervening PD-nim, you can call me Soo Jung. That way, it'll be more comfortable."

"Alright then, Soo Jung-sshi, I want you to act more natural to him. I understand that you have a chic look, which is cool anyway, but why do I feel that you're stopping yourself from being cheerful when you're with him? It's okay that you guys feel awkward as this is you are first meeting as a married couple but come on you two, why am I feeling the coldness emitting in the room? I know it's weird to be wedded to a co-label but I think it's good to make a change sometimes, aye? Soojung-sshi, I understand you don't wanna be in this show at first and you really seem unwilling in our first gap, but I can't say no if your CEO highly recommended you two to be part of WGM. Just be a bit more enthusiastic and let your emotions flow freely in this show. Understand? Okay, 10 minutes break. We're gonna start shooting 12:20, is that okay?"

We both nodded automatically and they left the two of us to ourselves.

"Soo Jung-ah. . ." he started.

I interrupted him, "Hear me out, if your ears are perfectly normal, then I'm sure you heard how unwilling I am to be casted in this damn show. But I've realized that this is for the sake of my best friend, Jinri-ah. I know that our CEO knew. I even know his plan of letting us coincidentally meet."

I air-quoted coincidentally. Because it's true that we're supposed to meet at 9:00 am but I managed to talk to Mr. Kim

"Wait," he started, confused. "You know? You know how?"

"Yes, I accidentally heard your conversation with him when I met you yesterday outside his office. I mean, how careless can you get? It seems like history is repeating itself. But this time around, someone's willing to take action. And someone's willing to help. I'm helping you out. Because of Jinri, that is."

It was silent again for awhile. I mean, why would we even initiate a conversation to each other. It's like two strangers talking to each other, aye?

"Wow," he uttered after awhile, as if amused. "I never thought you are capable of ranting so much now, Soo Jung-ah."

"It's because you never knew me too well in the first place," I said haughtily.

The amused look and smile plastered on his face disappeared quickly. His face changing to serious.

"Keep telling that to yourself Jung-ah. We both know how well I know you," he enunciated while intently looking at me.

As if looking beneath me. I felt my spine tingling. My heart wanting to be out of its ribcage.

What the hell? Why am I still reacting this way when he looks at me with that same eyes I learnt to dislike? Damn Minho and his (gorgeous) flaming eyes.

"Anyway, just for the sake of Jinri. For her, I'm gonna do this," I told him neutrally, disregarding what he said.

"Good," he said, still serious. "At least we have the same purpose on why we're doing this."

I smiled bitterly at him and nodded.

Why am I even smiling acrimoniously? (Because deep down, you know it still hurts to see him protecting another girl. Oh goodness, what the hell am I thinking? Stop!)

I walked to where the speaker is located. 12:20 is getting closer and I don't want to forget my iPod here. This has then created an illusion of me, leaving him behind.

"We both have the same purpose of why we accepted the consequences of being here," he spoke again.

He really want to remind me that he doesn't have the interest of being in this show with me, huh?

"But just so you know, I promise that I'll genuinely care for you, with or without the camera, because you are my wife."

You are my wife . . .

You are my wife . . .

You are my wife . . .

I halted. Another sappy line made by him, and this time, thumping of the heart is what I've felt.

"So as your appointed husband," he continued while my back is still facing him. I couldn't look at him now. "I will definitely take good care for you. I'll definitely see you smile genuinely at me."

Why is my heart not cooperating with me today? Why is it doing its own accord of just beating so loudly.

Why is he being so sentimental today?

It's awkward again. How can we establish a cozy feeling on set if we are this apart from each other, figuratively.

"Time is up, let's continue shooting for awhile and then we'll call it a day."

Thank goodness, PD-nim has cracked the silence.

I walked back to where Minho is and tried to be as civil as I could.

"What will we do now, PD-nim?" he asked.

Our PD-nim replied, "It's up to the both of you. We Got Married is after all a reality show. We decide the location sometimes but it doesn't mean that we are always here to instruct you what to do. You both need to initiate things, even events, for the both of you to feel much comfortable. Anyway, we'll start then."

And the camera began rolling. Both of us not having the idea of what to do. At least that's what I thought.

He initiated a talk, "Want to grab some meal, Soo Jung-ah?"

I decided to stop myself from glaring or from looking apathetic even, as I remembered the PD's instruction. It is my decision to accept Mr. Kim's request, after all.

"I'd love to, Minho-O..." he was looking at me with wide-eye, anticipating on what I'm about to say. Ah-I. I can't. I still can't address him like that. I'm stuttering. Darn it. "O...oppa."

I made sure to say it as quiet as I could but I doubt he didn't hear it, as I can see a big smile plastered on his face.

Interview (Black) Room:

"Would you like to greet your fans?" the interviewer asked.

"Annyeonghaseyo everyone. Krystal Jung of f(x), imnida," I ut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter