They Meet Again

Carpe Diem (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His POV

The whole ride to her unit was comfortable. Not because we learned to find ataraxis with each other's company. It's due to the fact that she's sleeping. It's fine for me, though. It'll be fine as long as she opens up again to me. If not sooner, then later.

"Aish, why the hell did I even suggested a turkey sandwich earlier? We were talking a little at ease earlier than when I've suggested the darn food," I thought as I sometimes glance at her, comfortably napping.

At last I've arrived our destination. I parked my car. I glanced at her (longingly) somewhat.  She's still taking her rest, not caring for the world. Looking like an angel.

She's still the same. Exhausting and doing everything to this extent, not caring if she'll injure herself and all. Pushing herself and ending up weary.

"This girl really," I thought as some thoughts were retrieved in my mind.

flashback (2007 - trainee days)

"Yaaah," I scolded a 13-year old Krystal. "I told you not to wear out yourself. Even some of our trainee-noonas have told you to rest for awhile. It's 12:03 am now and you're the only person here in the practice room."

"Andwae," she argued. "I can't. I still didn't master the step given by the instructor."

"You're tired," I uttered calmly. "I thought you want us to debut together? Then, why are you exhausting yourself? I told your parents, as well as Jessica-noona, that I'll take care of you while they can't be with you here." 

"It's just that I'm stressed," she said.

"Waeyo?" the 15-year old me asked her while looking at her, with those caring eyes.

"You know how news spreads here like a wildfire, aye? I heard that you're gonna debut for like, the next year already, and I'm still here, not being able to master a simple routine," she whispered. "What am I gonna do here without you guiding me, Min-Oppa?"

"Aish," I told her calmly. "You silly girl. You know anyone can be part of that news. Until a member of the company-hyungs confirms it, then that's when I'll believe. That's when we should believe, arasso? And besides, why think you still haven't perfected the step. I've watched you. I think out of all, you're the best. I know we could debut together Stal-ah. You're daebak. Just don't pressure yourself by practicing so much more than what's needed. You might get injured. I don't like seeing you hurt. Don't make me worry, understand?"

"Yes," she muttered, while yawning. "I'm sorry Oppa."

"You probably should rest," I told her. "Come on. Let's go to your dormitory."

"I can't," she murmur. "Too tired. I'll just nap here for awhile."

I sat next to her. She rested her head on my shoulder. 

My heart started thumping fast.

I joined her nap. And we stayed there, our backs reclining on the wall while we were leaning on to each other.

That's when I've confirmed that perhaps, she isn't just a dongsaeng I am pressured to take care of. That midnight, I admitted to myself that I like a girl named Jung Soo Jung.

end of flashback

I shook the memory away. 

"Darn," I thought. "I dazed off again."

I looked at my watch. 1:13 am.

Should I wake her up now?

"Probably. In order for her to rest more comfortably," I thought.

I like watching her calm face though.

"Jung-ah," I whispered to her ear as I tapped her shoulder gently.

Spectators' Side:

"Why is he that close in waking her up?" Jinwoon questioned.

He continued by saying, "Yaaah, Minho-ah. Get a hold of yourself."

"Why are you really acting like a jealous boyfriend, Jinwoon?" Mi Sun pointed out, laughing.

"Really," Seulong added. "It's the first time I've seen Jinwoon so worked up like this. You really like Krystal-sshi, don't you?."

Jinwoon blushed. "Ani. Don't misinterpret."

Minho's Side:

"Jung-ah," I whispered to her ear as I tapped her shoulder gently.

She then rose up from her position, resulting for our face to be so near, we could almost hear the sounds of our heart thumping.

Spectators' Side:

"Omo," Mi Sun said. "They're face to face."

"It's only their first day as a couple but is a bbo-bbo (kiss) bound to happen?" Seulong anticipated.

"Jinwoon," Amber commented to add fun to the already giddy set. "Calm down. Or you're gonna burn the TV."

And as expected, his face reddened as he try to clean his name from their accusations of him liking Soo Jung.

Minho's Side:

"She still is beautiful. From her cat-like eyes. Perfect eyebrows and lashes. To her pointed nose. And her lips," I thought as my eyes analyzed again her gorgeous face.

"Ahmmm," I coughed up to ease the already forming awkward air around us. "Sorry about that. I just want to wake you to say that we're already here."

"Errr," she mumbled with her face so flushed. "Thank you. Gotta go now. See you later. Bye."

She went out of my car hastily.

"Wait," I halted her. "I will accompany you to the building."

"Aniyo," she half-shouted. "I... I can manage. Thanks for the ride again. And drive home carefully. Goodbye."

Spectators' Side:

"See," Jinwoon defended. "That's what I don't want to see. They emitted the awkward aura once again."

"Keep defending yourself then," Amber told him playfully.

Minho's Side:

She directly went to the condominium. 

Why is my heart still thumping so loudly?

I was headed to my car when I received a mission card.

Mission: Spend this special day as a married couple.

Interview Room:

"How would I even do it? She's gonna have a photo shoot somewhere. She's busy on our first day as a couple. Add that she's annoyed at me," I said when I was asked about my mission.

"I mean, it's only our first day as a married couple and yet we bantered right at the moment, just because of a turkey sandwich," I said as I sighed. 

Really, we're supposed to be reconciling in this show. It's only the first day and yet, she's already annoyed at me. Plus, the situation earlier. (Our face were almost close as kissing.)

"How does it feel?" the interviewer asked.

"Of course, the disappointment is killing me. Darn mouth for suggesting a turkey sandwich, of all things," I uttered truthfully.

I: You two almost shared a kiss...

"Ani," I cut the interviewer off as shook my head. "Don't ask about that. I like to forget that awkward situation. It was very very awkward. It's just the first day and we nearly kissed. The most embarrassing that has ever happened to me."

I'll not say it to anyone but inside, I know the butterflies in my stomach flip and got giddy. Just like my heart.

I: What are you planning to do regarding the mission?

"I'll just ask some hyungs if I am allowed to do something first," I told the interviewer as I made a plan on what to do.

End of Interview.

For now, I'll just have to go home and rest. I'll think about what to do, how to spend Valentine's with Soo Jung later.

Day 2 - Valentine's Day (6:34 am)

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter