3.

Collide

“Mr. Kim, I can’t do this assignment!” L was the first to recover and speak up.

 

The teacher narrowed his eyes. “And why is that, Mr. L?”

 

L gulped. “B-Because… I have after-school detention today.” Inwardly smirking in triumph, L wanted to give himself a pat on the back.

 

Sungyeol, a fast thinker as always (naw, just kidding), caught the bait that L had tossed. “Yes, Mr. Kim! I do too. I have after school detention as well.”

 

Mr. Kim frowned. “Well if you both have detention together, I don’t see why you can’t just discuss this topic and do your assignment in detention together. I mean, what else will you two do for three hours after-school.”

 

L wanted to punch something, or moreover someone. He glared at the person sitting beside him.

 

Sungyeol wanted to bury himself six feet underground. Again.

 

 

 

“Thanks a lot loser.”

 

A sudden déjà vu coursed through Sungyeol. Biting his lip – he knew he’d messed up okay, no need to rub it in though – he scoffed at L.

 

“I was just trying to help our situation, okay.”

 

It was L’s turn to scoff. “If you want to help anyone ever in life, just keep that trap of yours shut.”

 

Sungyeol glared hard. He was usually a friendly person, okay. But this guy was getting on his last nerve.

 

“What is your problem with me, huh?”

 

“I don’t know why don’t you go ask my record and question my two detentions?” L spat, knowing he sounded childish but not caring much. Fighting with Sungyeol had awoken the witty sound of him which he usually kept reserved.

 

Sungyeol chuckled, no humor in it. “Don’t you think you’re overreacting a little? I got in trouble too, if you forgot. Plus, is it my fault you showed up to school late?”

 

“It was my first tardy, alright. Unlike someone in this room who has 10+ tardies and honestly should be kicked out of school.”

 

“Please,” Sungyeol rolled his eyes. “It may have been your first official tardy but do you honestly expect me to believe you’ve never been late to school before? You’ve just never gotten caught.”

 

L smirked. “It’s the same thing, believe it or not. A kid like you wouldn’t understand.”

 

Sungyeol was left huffing and puffing as L stalked off to lunch. In the midst of his anger he didn’t notice his untied shoelaces and tripped, face first.

 

As Sungjong helped him to the nurse, Yeol’s mind wondered if this day could get any worse.

 

 

 

The school day ended surprisingly fast for L who was actually looking forward to detention. Surprisingly – despite his act to Sungyeol earlier – he actually didn’t mind partnering up with the blondie. Something about Sungyeol made L comfortable and his true personality was able to shine through.

 

It had been a long time since L had been able to tease and mock anyone, precisely three years. It had been three years since the incident, L thought to himself. Time really did go by fast.

 

“Detention is calling, my dear friend. You’ve but no choice to pick up.”

 

“Very funny Woohyun,” L grumbled, lightly punching his best friend on the arm.

 

Woohyun chuckled and slung his backpack on. “Have fun,” he called.

 

L just threw him the “no-no finger” and dragged himself to detention.

 

Woohyun left the school pouting, causing the ovaries of viewing fangirls to suddenly become fertile.

 

“ANDDDD~ I’M PREGGERS!” 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just a filler :) 

Comment for Woohyun's adorableness ^.-