Chapter 3

I Say No to Marriage!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I felt like the 3rd wheel during dinner. I’m Minho’s girlfriend but I feel like I’m the one who’s interrupting their date. He looked happy talking to my boss. He looked animated and full of life. I was beginning to get pissed off by their behavior. If it’s okay to walk out, I would have done it ever since we entered this restaurant. But I still need to consider that even if I won’t see them tonight, I’ll definitely see my boss tomorrow. She’s still my boss. I have to keep calm and cause no scenes. I don’t want to let my boss think that I don’t have breeding. Minho will be upset as well.

“Are we boring you, Sulli?” Ma’am Yuri asked me. She even smiled at me. That evil smile.

I had a feeling that she knew I wasn’t happy with our situation but since I couldn’t give her an honest answer, I had no choice but to smile.

“Babe, I’m sorry if we’re boring you with stories of people you don’t know.” Minho apologized.

I just shrugged my shoulders. “It’s okay. I know that the both of you haven’t seen each other for a while and you definitely miss each other.” I answered. I feel like a dying martyr while saying this. Even though I’m so pissed to the bones, I can’t show my tantrums. Who on earth would be happy seeing his boyfriend having a memory game with her ex-girlfriend about their past? Who would allow that? It’s just me, I guess.

I just wonder, why does Minho seems to be naïve? Before, just with one look, he would immediately know if I’m already pissed or angry. But why does he have to be insensitive now? He’s just there, busy reminiscing things with my boss which makes my blood boil even more.

When they both felt that they’ve already acknowledge me, they turned their attention back to each other, leaving me once again with my thoughts. And to be honest, my thoughts are starting to become impure. All the while I thought, Minho will be cheering me up tonight. Well, a lot of people died with wrong assumptions.

After it seems to be like forever, Ma’am Yuri was being polite to ask us about how Minho and I met and how long have been the two of us dating. She just nods and nods while Minho is telling her our story. He looked intently at me as he told her our story. Maybe, he just wants to assure me that even if his ex is here with us now, it’s still me who owns his heart. I could tell that he is so happy while he was narrating our story. And with that, some of my apprehensions went away.

Minho asked my boss whether she’s married or in a relationship.

“I have a boyfriend but he’s in the US.” My boss answered with a laugh, looking at me. Was she secretly telling me that I shouldn’t worry about her presence?

I felt relieved. At least, knowing that my boss is also committed, would make me sleep comfortably now. It’s getting late and I’m starting to feel sleepy. I still need to sleep early so that I could go to the office earlier than my boss. It was a good thing that Minho looked my way and I gave him a signal. And this time, he was able to get my message loud and clear.

“Yul, it was really nice seeing you again but I guess we have to call it a night. You see, we all need to go to work tomorrow.” He said.  Could He asked the waiter for our chit. He fished for his wallet but before he could pay for our bill, Ma’am Yuri already put her credit card on the table.

“I’m the one who invited, it would be silly if you’d pay for it.” My boss argued.

“Yul, I’m the guy here, I should pay.”

Their argument was cut shortly when my boss signaled the waiter to settle the bill already using her card.

“If you really feel guilty, I’ll let you pay the next time we hangout.” She smiled sweetly. That made my blood boil again.

 “Oh, sure. I’ll infirm the others so that we can plan a reunion or something.” Minho answered her. I looked at her face. She’s clearly disappointed. My heart jumped in joy. She smiled at Minho but it didn’t reach her eyes.

When the bill was already settled, we all went to the car park.

“Would you want us to drop you off?” Minho asked.

“It’s okay. I’ll just  take a cab. I still need to do something in the office.” She answered. That made me beamed in glee.

“Don’t work yourself up Yul, it’s just your first day. Anyway, you have Sulli here, I can assure you that she’s beyond the perfect assistant.” Minho told my boss and suddenly held my hand.

She just slightly smiled. I don’t know if she’s upset seeing that Minho is already holding my hand, or she does not want to comment about my capability in work.

“Ma’am, I think we need to head first.” I politely told her.

With our hands clasped together, Minho and I headed to his car.

 

Both Vince and I are not talking insid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter