Chapter 2

I Say No to Marriage!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s my boss’ first day. My old boss resigned. I have been assigned to different departments since I’m stll waiting for my permanent position. I feel like I am hanging on a thread here and I need to work really hard to protect my position in the company.

I worked in a pharmaceutical company and my new boss would be the new marketing head. I can feel both nervousness and excitement. There’s a rumor spreading that my new boss is still young. She’s around my age range.

I arrived early at work. But lo and behold! When I arrived t the office, my boss is already at her desk, acquainting herself with some paperworks. I gently knocked on her door which is slightly open.

“Come in.”

I fixed myself and breathed deeply before I went inside her office. “Good morning, Ma’am!” I greeted her.

She stood up. “Hi! Good morning!” She greeted me back. “You must be my assistant. By the way, I’m Yuri Kwon, and your name is?”

“Jinri Choi. But I’m know here as Sulli.” I introduced myself. She held out her hand and I promptly took it for a brief handshake.

“Nice to meet you, Sulli. I hope you’re up to the challenge of working with me. I can be quite a slave driver, you know.”

I slightly smiled at her. I was slowly appraising her. she had long straight hair and is wearing a conservative business suit and a watch and pearl necklace as accessories. All in all, I could say that she’s one classy woman. She’s tall and beautiful. You could also say that she looks like a model. We’re really in the same age range. Maybe, she’s just 2 or 3 years older than me. She exuded class and breeding and I could tell that she would be a very demanding boss to work with.

“I hope I can live up with your expectations, Ma’am.”  I told her seriously.

Now, I’ll really have a hard time at work. I know I have to shape up now or I would be forced to ship out and I didn’t want that to happen. Unless, there is a marriage proposal from Minho, which I knew would not happen in the near future.

“I hope so too.” My boss said. She sat on her executive chair again and handed me a sheet of paper. I immediately took it from her grasp. “That’s the list of my requirements. I listed all down for you to know all my quirks and personality as well. I don’t want you to keep on asking me things like this and that.” She said unstoppably.

I’m suddenly lost. I tried to scan the paper just to make myself occupied for the moment. I looked up and gave her a bright smile. “I’ll be studying this by heart. I don’t want to bother you and I will do my best to assist you while you’re still adjusting here in the company.”

My boss nodded. “That’s all for now.” She said dismissing me.

Damn, she’s a new boss from hell. I covered my face with my hand and tried to breathe deeply. I felt some kind of presence at my back and I quickly jolted up as I heard someone who fake coughed. I suddenly saw my boss with a frown on her face.

I immediately stood u. “Is there anything I could do for you, Ma’am?” I politely asked her.

“I’m sorry to disturb you with whatever it is that you’re doing, Miss Choi. I just want to inform you that I will be out of the office for the whole day. I’ll be busy attending some meetings, but I’ll try to come back this afternoon. Please hold the fort well, okay?” She said with a big hint of sarcasm.

“Of course Ma’am!” I simply answered. She raised her left eyebrow. I have feeling that she is thinking that I’m slacking off work since she caught me off guard with my breathing exercises.

She walked straight ahead and after some distance, she looked back and said.

“Miss Choi?”

“Yes Ma’am?”

“Please make sure to acquaint yourself with my requirements so that there will be no problem between the two of us.” She said with a sardonic smile. Then without waiting for my answer, she walked away while I sat there dumbfounded.

 

After familiarizing my devil boss’ requirements, I went to the pantry to have snacks. Minho and I have this thing of calling each other whenever we have vacant time. We use to update each other on what is happening in our work. I know, he’s itching to know about my boss’ first day.

“Babe, how was your boss’ first day? Does she treat you well?” Bingo! Told you, he’s itching to ask me about this.

I drew a deep breath and since I’m alone inside the pantry, I vented all my frustrations to my boyfriend. “Babe, she’s one boss from hell!”

“Who do you say so?”

“She has a lot of rules and regulations and I think she’ll be putting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter