Seven

The way you change my life

 

7

“HYUNG!!” the high-pitched-scream of his nephew calling for him made Doo Joon back off just before his lips and Yoseob’s touched. He wanted to scream too, but his nephew was first.

He stood up and was ready to run to find Hyunsueng when the said Kid came running to him holding a toad in his little hands.

“Hyung! Hyung! Hyung!” Doo Joon had to place his hands on the kids shoulder to keep him still “help me, help me!”

“What? What happened?” Doo Joon, as well as Yoseob, was afraid of what might he say.

“Junhyung!” he said. “I turned him into a toad!!” he said showing them the toad in his hands.

Did they hear right? Did Hyunseung just said that he had turn Junhyung... into a toad?

“Wait. Seungie, what do mean you have turned Junhyung into a toad?” Doo Joon asked carefully.

“Hyuna said that when someone kisses a toad it would become a prince, and the magician just had to blew over the box to make the dove disappear and then appear again, so I was wondering if the kiss and toad worked and- and...” he said in a cracked voice “I tried it with Junhyung and look, it did work!!” He held the toad close to his chest and looked at his hyung with teary eyes “and I can’t turn him back~~!! Hyung help me!”

“Seungie, that toad is not Junhyung” both teens felt relieved that it wasn’t anything worse than that. However, the kid didn’t think so.

“He is! I was washing my hands and after I kissed him he disappeared and there was just this toad where he was” Hyunseung pouted and frowned at his Hyung. Why won’t they believe him? He was telling the truth.

“Wait, what do you mean you kissed him? You mean...” Yoseob asked pointing at his own lips. But before the kid could answer, a voice calling his name stopped him.

“Hyunseung-ah! There you are!” said Junhyung from the other side of the bridge, from where Hyunseung came. “Why did you run away like that?”

As soon as he saw him, Hyunseung let go of the toad and run to Junhyung, who, luckily, was able to catch him.

“Wow, hey, is everything OK?” He asked as he walked to them, not aware of the amused glances Doo Joon and Yoseob were sending him.

“Yes, everything is ok” Doo Joon said trying hard to hide his smile.

“Did something happen?” Junhyung could sense there was something happening, but he wasn’t sure what it was.

“You tell us, prince~” Yoseob said putting the right amount of stress on the last word.

Junhyung didn’t get what he meant by that and looked at them as if asking.

“So, how was your first kiss?” Doo Joon asked with a mocking tone in her voice, since he knew his friend had never kissed anyone.

Then Junhyung knew what they were talking about. Feeling embarrassed more than angry, he turned his gaze to the kid in his arms (yep, he was still holding Hyunseung) and looked at him with questioning eyes. When he didn’t get an answer from the kid he decided to explain.

“This is not what you are thinking, guys. Seriously...” he hadn’t finished talking when the ‘couple’ burst into laugh.

Aish~ why on earth did this have to happen to him? Why a kid? Junhyung was sure they were going to mock him with that for a while.

After a while, when DooJoon and Yoseob have finally stopped laughing and Junhyung had managed to calm Hyunseung down —he had been really worried about Junhyung at the point the he was crying— he explained to them that, just when he felt back because of Hyunseung’s peck, Ha Seung called him to tell him to look for Yoseob and DooJoon and tell them that the food was ready. That’s why he left Hyunseung for about a minute. By the time he came back, he saw Hyunseung running away and then he decided to follow him.

Not too much after the explanation, Hyuna came looking for them and they all followed her. Junhyung tried to put Hyunseung back to the floor, but that only made Hyunseung tighten his hold around Junhyung’s neck. At the end, he had to carry the kid all the way back.

The rest of the day they joined the other kids into different games. There were eating contests, races on sack and those kinds of games. Yoseob, Doo Joon and Junhyung had played most of them with both Hyuna and Hyunseung, but most of the time it was Junhyung with both kids. Hyunseung’s parents just watched them and from time to time they joined them too.

They had played that much that Hyuna and Hyunseg fell asleep as soon as they found a comfortable place on Junhyung. Yes, ON him. While Hyuna (who was sat by the window) was resting her body on her brother’s side, Hyunseung had claimed Junhyung’s legs as his pillow and the rest of his body was stirred on his sit.

Doo Joon and Yoseob wanted to mock at Junhyung about that, but they couldn’t: he was deep asleep leaning his head to Hyuna’s side and holding Hyunseung’s shoulder securely with his hand.

About two hours later they were back at the school. Hyun Jung had to take his son from Junhyung’s lap because he was dead sleep and Junhyung had to piggy back Hyuna because she also was in deep slumber. Since it was dark already, Ha Seung suggested Doo Joon to accompany Yoseob to take the bus, and so they did.

Doo Joon was silent while they walked and it was killing Yoseob. The whole day he had tried to have a minute alone with him but it was practically impossible: or it was Hyunseung wanting to spend time with his uncle; or Hyuna wanting to have Doo Joon to distract Hyunseung from her brother; or the teacher’s sister that always needed help... even to make a loop. The later one bothered him specially: it was obvious that she had a crush on Doo Joon. Luckily enough for him, Doo Joon didn’t seem to realise it, but he looked bothered.

They kept walking in silence until they finally reached the bus stop. Just then Yoseob noticed how fresh and clear was the night. There wasn’t a single cloud on the sky and all the stars were seen; and it made it feel like... a date. Well, the end of one.

Noticing that Doo Joon wasn’t going to say anything first, Yoseob decided to start it.

“So, what are you doing tomorrow?” Yoseob asked.

“Tomorrow is Seungie’s birthday and we are going to the amusement park. Hyuna and Junhyung can’t come because they have a family gathering so, well, I was wondering if you would like to come with us?” DooJoon managed to ask him with a nervous voice.

It wasn’t his fault though. Since the moment in the bridge he knew he had a chance and he didn’t want to lose it. He was going to use any chance he had to achieve his goal: get into Yoseob’s heart.

“I would love to, but... I doubt mom would give me her permission” it was true, there was no way she was going to let him go that easily when they still had so many things to do before... before Sunday. Any other day would have been no problem, but not now; no right now.

“However, if you come to my house maybe you can convince her” but there was always a way to get on her good side and Yoseob knew his mom too well to know that she was weak in front guests and more if they were handsome guys.

“Give me your address” Doo Joon said handing a pen and his hand to Yoseob, not wasting a single minute. “I’ll be there before 9 in the morning”

Yoseob blinked few times before taking the pen and writing his address on Doo Joon’s left hand, holding it with his own hand. When he finished writing Doo Joon tried to take his hand back, however, Yoseob didn’t let go.

They exchanged soft shy glances, not saying anything else. Doo Joon was about to take a step forward but just then the bus arrived. Yoseob let go of his hand, said goodbye and then walked to the bus as Doo Joon watched him with both hands in his pockets.

Like the first time, Yoseob asked the bus driver to wait, jumped down of the bus and hopped to Doo Joon. It was exactly like the first time, as Doo Joon saw it, but this time there was something different. This time Hyunseung wasn’t there. This time there wasn’t a chocolate kiss on his cheek. This time, the goodnight kiss was for him.

As the first time Yoseob hopped back to the bus, leaving a dumbfounded Doo Joon. He walking to the last sit and looking outside the window. He saw the figure of Doo Joon getting smaller and smaller. However he managed to catch Doo Joon touching his lips before he lost sight of him. Yoseob’s heart fluttered as he also touched his lips. He still couldn’t believe he had the guts to do something like stealing a peak from Doo Joon.

“I’m back, mom!” Yoseob greeted as soon as he arrived.

“Hey, my handsome boy” his mom greeted when he entered the kitchen “so, how was the trip?”

“It was great” it was hard for Yoseob to hide his happiness, but he managed to at least not make it that obvious.

“I’m glad you enjoyed it, honey” without any warning, she felt a pair or arms around her and she supposed it was her son.

“Thank you, mom” he said after he kissed his mom’s cheek soundly.

“Something good must have happened” Yoseob heard his mom mumble as he hopped back to his room.

Oh, how right she was. This was so far the best day he’s had.

The next morning, Yoseob got up before his alarm clock. He put Hyunseung’s present in his backpack and put it near his bedroom’s door. After that he got down to have breakfast. He was waiting for Doo Joon to come at any minute, meanwhile he decided to help his mom.

Yoseob waited and waited; one, two, three hours, but Doo Joon never came. He was sure he gave him the right address and since it was just half block from the bus stop it was impossible to get lost.

It was past 10 in the morning already but Doo Joon hadn’t arrived yet. Yoseob was starting to worry. Luckily, as the class president he had Doo Joon’s house phone number so he decided to call. However, no one answered.

They weren’t at home, so it means he did go out, probably to the amusement park. Maybe, just maybe, Doo Joon just invited him because Hyunseung’s asked him to. He say that Hyuna and Junhyung couldn’t go, so maybe he needed someone more to make the kid happy.

Maybe Yoseob had scared him off with that stolen kiss. Well, after all he was the one who took the first step at the bridge; he was the one to ask about the plans for Hyunseung’s birthday. Maybe Doo Joon just felt obligated to do it.

So many maybes, yoseob thought, but no Doo Joon.

It was already past noon and Yoseob decided he had waited enough. It was obvious that he had been fooled and it was useless to keep waiting. It was better to help his mom with the packing, after all they were moving to on Sunday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What happened? 

You'll know in the next chapter. 

I think I havent said it before but since someone have asked this I think I might preapre you.  

just don't kill me, don't curse me neither do budu to me, OK?

*takes a deep breath* 

there wont be KiWoon in this story. 

They DO are going to appear, but not as a couple... *sigh* you'll know later... so, don't ask neither insist about it. I've taken my decision and it's final. 

Like I always say: I love you guys, and dont be mad at me ... makes me sad... *snif snif*

Sarangh~