Elevven

The way you change my life

 

11

 

The streets were crowded as every morning: some trying to get a cab, some walking to the subway and some running because they had no other choice. Yoon Doo Joon was in the last group. He needed to run or else he would arrive late to work.

He skipped a car or two in the streets, jumped a fence and apologised hundred times to people before he was able to see the building he worked at. He fixed his tie and slowed his peace down since he didn’t want others to see him in a rush.

A guard greeted him with a 90° bow as soon as he entered the building and so did other workers. He ignored the glances the female workers gave him and the comments they made as he walked by like “so handsome” or “he’s scary” and just greeted them with a little bow to be polite. He didn’t forget to flash them a smile and a bow before getting into the elevator.

“I thought he wasn’t coming today” a girl said when he walked off the lift. He couldn’t help but laugh inside as she widened his eyes and almost dropped the papers in her arms when he flashed his infamous smile at her.

He turned his gaze from her and walked to the front desk. On his way, he didn’t miss the glares people sent him, neither the little revolution that was forming around the office. Some were talking low; others rushed to their office or came off it just to confirm he was there.

“G-good morning sir” said a guy as he approached him at the front desk.

“Morning, Mir. How have the things been going here?”

“Great, sir”

“Good. Hey, I need you to help me find someone. It’s a pretty lady with a big belly and--” he asked the man while drawing with his hands the silhouette of a big belly on his own, but his words were silenced by a said lady’s voice.   

“There you are!” said a beautiful pregnant woman stomping towards him with young man behind her “you said you would be here on Wednesday and it’s been a week since that!”

“Almost a week” he pointed out with a smile, but she that didn’t smooth her anger.

“That doesn’t change the fact that you took a ing week off and left me behind working my off!” Doojoon raised his eyebrows at the sudden display of harsh words, which was really rare.

The air around them became heavy and no one dared to say a word as the lady glared at the new arrived with furious eyes.

“He’s death” mumbled Mir behind Doojoon, not too loud, but loud enough for him to hear it. And he would be right if Doojoon didn’t come out with something soon.

“Come on, let’s calm-” he said as he kneeled down in front of her but he was cut.

“Don’t you dare tell me to calm down, Yoon Doojoon” she spoke darkly, arms crossed over her chest.

“She said the full name~” people gasped around.

He knew he was at fault and that it would be difficult to make her calm down, but it wasn’t good for her neither for the baby, so he needed to calm her down. Luckily he was smart and an idea popped into his head. Moving slowly, he kneeled down in front of her and put his hands on her belly.

“Come on, Gina. You have to relax. It’s not good for my baby if you’re stressed” he said as he placed his cheek on her tummy.

“It’s your fault I’m stressed and It’s MY baby, not yours”

“But I’m uncle Doo, so it’s my baby too” he lifted his head just to stoke his tongue at her and then placed his ear at her tummy again to hear the baby. Suddenly, he felt a kick and so did the mom.

“Omo! Did you feel that?” she asked with a smile in her lips —forgetting already that she was angry— and Doojoon nodded excitedly with a big smile.

“A kick?” asked Mir as excited as Doojoon and before they knew it, all the workers were surrendering her trying to feel the baby kick again.

“My niece is gonna be so~ popular” Doojoon said with a sigh.

“Is it going to be a girl?” asked one of the workers.

“We don’t know it” said Gina while looking at Doojoon. She didn’t want to know the gender as she said that it didn’t matter what gender the baby was, she would love him or her no matter what.

“With a kick as strong as that, I think it’s gonna be a boy” said Jiyoon, Gina’s assistant.

“Nah; it is Gina’s daughter, after all. If it was a boy, he would be out already” Doojoon explained making everyone laugh and earning a hit on the arm from Gina.

“Ok, that’s enough. Everybody back to work” said Gina and they did as she said. Then she turned to Doojoon, not mad at him anymore, and hugged him really tight. “I missed you”

“I missed you too, Noona~~” Doojoon said playfully and then run away from her, as he knew she didn’t like him to call her that. It was true she was older, but she wasn’t THAT much older. Why would he like to make her feel old??!!

It has always been like that since the day they met at kindergarten, since the day they became friends. Since that day, they had always studied together, played together, done almost everything together and they rarely got apart. She was the one who knew all about him; even the fact that he kept in touch with his sister and that he wasn’t in good terms with his parents. She even knew the fact that he wasn’t actually interested in girls. And that’s why she had decided to accept the arranged marriage their parents had decided for them when Doojoon came back. However, he rejected it because he didn’t want her to ruin her life because of him.

“I want you to marry someone you love and loves you back” he said at that time.

And if it wasn’t for him she wouldn’t be happily married to her husband of two years and waiting for a baby that he had claimed to be the godfather of.

“I arranged your meeting with SM’s CEO for the lunch” she informed him while reading from a file in her arms as Doojoon complained about not having time to lunch “At two you have to go check the list of models, JYP’s at tea time, oh! That weird designer said the models were ‘too plain’ and that he needed more professional workers so, yeah, you have to go talk with him about that”

“Is that all?” said Doojoon mumbled, he had his face sunk in his desk

“yes, NO!” she snapped her finger as she remembered something “you’re meeting with your new assistant at 7:00”

“Ok... I... What? What new assistant?” just then Doojoon lifted his head from his desk.

“The new assistant that will be working with you until I come back” she explained slowly.

“I told you I didn’t need an assistant”

“So you don’t need me?” she faked a little cry.

“NO! I mean, I need you. But that’s just YOU. Not anyone else”

“Then I’ll stay” she said calmly.

“Are you crazy??!! You’re in the eight month already. You’re gonna explode at any time; there’s no way I’m letting you stay. What if something happens to my niece?”

“Then you’ll get an assistant” she ended with a smile and then left the office. There was nothing Doojoon could do. It was that or to risk his niece. So of course he had to choose the assistant.

Ah~ he didn’t want an assistant, they were so annoying. Since he started working, there hasn’t been a single person that stayed in that position for more than a week. No one could stand Doojoon, and neither did he so they left —more like he made them leave. That was the main reason Gina worked for him.

After sighing for the nth time, started working on all the work he had accumulated the week he was out. It was a lot of work and he was still tired since he had just arrived few hours ago and hadn’t sleep since then. But he knew better than to complain. If he did, then Gina would get even worse and he didn’t want to upset the pregnant woman more than she was.

He hadn’t finished half of the work when he had to go to his meeting with SM’s CEO. He would have given anything to skip that, but SM was one of the biggest companies, and it was a chance he couldn’t let go. Luckily the meeting went well and he signed a contract with SM to make their advertising. After that he checked the auditions for the model for a CF and later he had to go to another meeting with JYP this time. That was the easiest part of his day. Talk to the weird designer, as Gina called him, was the worst thing of the day.

If he would have known than being a publicist was this hard he would have stayed at his father’s architecture company... Well, not really. To start his own company was the best the decision he could have made since he came back. It was better to work on his own in a place where his father couldn’t move a finger and where he felt free to do something he liked.

His thoughts were cut by the sound of his phone and he knew that ringtone too well as to ignore it.

“Hey, there” he greeted with a smile.

“Annyong, hyung~ are you done already? I’m hungry~” whined his nephew at the other side of the line.

“You call me for that, tch, what a nice kid you are” Doojoon teased

“I’m sixteen, I’m not a kid” Hyunseung complained

“Fifteen; and you’re still a kid”

“Soon to be sixteen” Hyunseung mumbled, probably thinking that Doojoon wasn’t going to hear, but he did.

“Still fifteen”

“Anyway, are we going to eat outside or do you want me to prepare something?” he knew he wasn’t going to win, so he decided to change the topic of conversation.

“Ah~ mianhe, seungie. I have a meeting at dinner, so you’ll have to eat alone tonight” he hated to leave Hyunseung alone at dinner since it was the only time they could eat together and have a talk. If he missed dinner and came back to home then Hyunseung would be already sleeping and he liked to know what his nephew did on the day.

“mmm~ fine. Then you better bring me sushi” and before Doojoon could say anything else the call was ended.

He wanted to call back and ask how many portions, but then Gina came in and told him the address of the restaurant where he was going to meet with his knew assistant. Gina said it was better to have the meeting there because it was more private and that way the poor thing wouldn’t feel that ashamed when Doojoon makes them feel that they lack too much to work for him. Most of the candidates back off at this point. Yep, this is just one obstacle they have to pass to get the job: to accept the challenge to show Doojoon they deserved to work with him, not for him. When these meetings were done at the office, all the workers would be eavesdropping behind Doojoon’s door and some of the candidates would even leave crying —Doojoon was really hard on them. That’s why Gina decided to make it in a different place.

He came off the bus and walked to the restaurant. Once there, he didn’t need to say a word since the people there knew him already, mostly because he and his family always ate there. A young man guided him to the private dinner room they always used and then he left. Doojoon checked on his watch and saw he was just in time, which meant the other person was late. Oh! Yeah, he had forgotten the profile Gina gave him. Just great. He decided to order a drink for the main time.

He waited five, ten, fifteen, thirty minutes, but the other never came.

When the clock signalled 7:35 he decided to leave. If he was as bad as other’s thought he would have left at 7:05 but he knew that it was rush hour and the traffic is just hell, so he always waited at least fifteen minutes. But it was too much. He had been there more than half hour and he wasn’t going to wait anymore.

“Thanks for coming, Mr. Yoon” the receptionist bowed to him when he was leaving. He gave him a tip and started walking when he heard someone calling him

“Mr. Yoon”

that voice, something in that voice stopped him and he didn’t dare to turn around

“You are CUBE’s CEO right?”

What was it?

“I’m sorry, Sir. I’m applying to be your assistant and I couldn’t remember your name and they said they didn’t know Gina, so they couldn’t let me in”

Doojoon was trying to find a missing piece in his mind as the other explained his reasons for not showing up.

“Please let me try again”

Doojoon remained silent, his heart beating fast in his chest.

“Oh, yeah... I’m Yang Yoseob”

 

----------------------------------

finally I'm back again and so is Seobie :D

ah~~~ I was having a hard time while comming for something. At the end this came to my mind. *sighs*

hope you like it, and yeah. this is ten years later. So, Hyunseung is 15 soon to be 16. Sorry for all those who wanted kidSeung back, sorry, really, but I had this in my mind for a long time and of course this is the only way there would be Junseung XD

hope you like it guys, 

sarangh~

read, comment, love~~