Love Confession

3 AM Confessions

"Man, things get either real weird or real personal at this time," you mumbled, slightly buzzed, as you glanced at the clock that told you it was a little past three in the morning. 

"I dunno which one's better," Minho slurred with a laugh. 

The night had been a long one between drinks and movies and snacks galore. It had been a long time since you had gotten to spend time with your friends of SHINee, and even longer since they had had a break longer than a few short hours. You had all decided to celebrate by staying over at your apartment and doing all the things you missed from high school with the added plus of alcohol. With no end to the drinks, things got pretty exciting alarmingly fast. 

Now, everyone was strewn around your apartment living room in a heap of exhaustion. You took up one couch, stretched across its length, while Taemin sat with his back against your couch and the all the others were piled up on your other couch. 

"Y'know," you hiccuped, slapping your best friend, Taemin, on the arm weakly, "I'm surprised you don't have a girlfriend yet." You paused to yawn before continuing. "I mean unless you're into guys which I could totally support you in 'cause hey if that's what you're into I imagine you could collect just an absurd amount of guys."

"I feel like collect isn't the right word to use there, Kayla," Jonghyun interjected, the most sober out of all of you. 

"I didn't ask you," you reprimanded.

"It's too late for this," Taemin groaned. 

"Technically, it's early." You shrugged. 

"I'm gonna kill you someday, y'know that?" Taemin threatened sleepily. 

"Not until you answer my question you won't," you said, pushing him with your feet. Until he fell over, too tired to fight back. 

"You want to know the truth?" He asked, sitting back up with herculean strength. 

"You bet your pretty face I do." You nodded, wriggling in your sprawl to look at Taemin better. 

"The reason I don't have a girlfriend is because I love you with all my heart. I've loved you since we first met and I got to see how beautiful you are inside and out. Honestly I don't know why I'm saying any of this now because I'm sure you don't like me, bu-!" Taemin's drunken babbling was cut off by your lips on his. 

The members of SHINee stared on in complete and utter shock as you kissed Taemin from your rather uncomfortable position on the couch. Taemin's ears flushed red as did the rest of his face when you finally pulled away. 


"I told ya things get personal around now," you laughed, leaning to kiss Taemin once more. "I guess we should deal with this once we wake up, now, shouldn't we?"

And with that, you closed your eyes to sleep. When you would wake in the morning, you would find yourself next to the boy who would love you from then until forever. It would be one hell of a ride, but it would all be worth it.