Call and Confirm

Camera Girl [Occasional Updates]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 14, 2015 11:30PM Friday

Sambaek was on her usual walk at the Han River, wearing a trench coat and scarf above her casual clothes. She sighed, this wasn't usually the time she would walk at the river. She preferred around 8 or 9 as soon as she got off work at 7 or 7:30. But she felt that she might've pissed some deity this day due to the amount of negative things happening to her, and she didn't want to bring her foul moods home. For her belief, a home should be a happy place, not a sign of negativity should dwell so long in a place like that. She found a bench nearby and decided to sit for a while and contemplate on the things that happened that day;

Starting from her alarm clock not going off, causing her to be late for work. To having someone  accidentally spill their coffee on her, not five minutes after entering the building. To make things more complicated, one of her colleagues had fallen ill this morning and couldn't come to work. Despite them working at a studio, they still had paperwork to do, and since she was late, her boss decided to throw all the sick colleague's work on her. She figured it would end there since she would only be sitting on a chair for god knows how many hours, but she should've just kept shut.

At least 40% of the paperworks there needed to have four to five copies each, unfortunately, when she got to the photocopying machine, it decided to fall sickly as well. Making her and other people who need to photocopy, type everything in the computer to have them all printed in the end. Once that problem was solved and all the paperwork was done, she felt glad that she would leave at the same time she usually does. But another unfortunate incident had to happen, and she was forced to stay with her recently-divorced-boss and a janitor in a stucked elevator. They had to wait for two hours before the vehicle started to move again. By then Sambaek was physically, mentally and somewhat emotionally drained. 

Physically, because of the paperwork. Mentally, because her boss' yapping about her lost marriage. And emotionally, because this would have to be the first December, the first Christmas she wouldn't spend with her family. Flying back to the Philippines would cause a lot of money considering it's the holiday season, plus the University would only stop classes on the 20th to the 28th of December. She couldn't skip all those hours, her parents would probably even scold her for coming home, despite the support they give. 

As soon as she stepped out of the building, she quickly headed for her scooter. It was a second-hand scooter, but she loved it nonetheless, because her family didn't know that she has one. And her godmothers and godfathers, have been in touch with her recently, and thinking of sending her money so she could buy her own vehicle.  

She crossed her legs like that of a guy, while chuckling to herself. I guess that one month rent  was good for me after all. She thought as she smiled as she remembered the last call she got from one of her godmothers.

Taking a glance at her surroundings, she saw a figure sitting near the edge of the river. Standing up to approach the person, she noticed that the person was somewhat shivering. And the person's clothes weren't exactly fit for the December winter season. By now, Sambaek could tell that the person was a girl from the long brown locks cascading down the girl's back. And that the girl was thin, as REALLY thin. 

The girl was only wearing a cap, hoodie and jeans. No wonder she's shivering, Sambaek thought. "Excuse me miss..." She started talking i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter