Plans

We Can All Love Again

Tao wakes up with a pounding headache. Then last night dawns on him, I was already an idiot in her eyes but now I’m an idiot who skips school to get drunk. Not to mention when I'm drunk I’m even more of a fool. He groans and gets up with great difficulty. He gets dressed and makes his breakfast along with a coffee. He opens the door with car keys in hand and sees a person he definitely does not want at his door.

“What are you doing here Jina?” He narrows his eyes at his ex-girlfriend.

“Oppa, how can you treat me so rudely?” She pouts.

“You already know that reason, now if you’ll excuse me I need to get to school.” He pushes past her.

“Oh, I'm going there too, mind taking me with you?” Jina bats her eyes at him. He scoffs and shakes his head. He gets in his car and drives off quickly.

 

Victoria opens the doors to the school and looks around for her friends and keeping an eye out for Tao. She’s really curious why he was drunk yesterday but she didn’t really blame him. She’d gone to a bar once or twice before and did get quite drunk with her friends’ supervision

 

“Well you two look even more awkward then you usually are and yet sitting closer.” Krystal smirks joining their usual lunch table.

“Is there something you’re hiding from us?” Chen joins in smiling.

“No nothing!” Victoria and Tao say together wide-eyed. The rest of the people laugh making the two flustered and red-faced.

“Yeah, it’s definitely nothing.” Xiumin grins.

“It is!” They say.

“You are not helping your case here.” Luna laughs. Tao looks at his feet and Victoria glares at her friends giving them a not so subtle I hate you look. The girls laugh even more.

“You people are so childish, I’m going to the library.” Victoria scowls. She gets up and leaves the table. The boys exchange confused looks slightly guilty as well.

“Don’t worry about her, she usually does this when she can't take us anymore. Really just jokingly and she also needed an excuse to go study.” Amber explains. The boys nod.

“Well I guess it’s time for us to leave.” Krystal says and the girls get up leaving the boys alone.

“Apart from just now, you’ve been very quiet all day. What’s happened?” Luhan asks.

“Jina is back.” Tao scowls.

“Are you serious? How do you know?” Kris asks.

“She was at my door this morning and wanted a ride to school.” He replies.

“That’s cheap.” Xiumin frowns.

“It is.” Tao nods.

 

“I saw Alex today, he’s acting like he owns the school. He’s back with the old popular group and I saw that Jina is back too.” Luna says.

“Great.” Victoria rolls her eyes.

“They’ll probably want to get the spotlight back to them won't they?” Sulli asks.

“Probably, Jina is going to do almost anything to get there. She lives to be the centre of attention.” Amber says.

“I hate her, you heard that she cheated on her ex-boyfriend right?” Victoria says.

 

Tao sighs trying to get the memory out of his head.

Tao follows the others who are rushing towards one of the halls. He looks around the corner and watches. There is a girl he’s never seen before in front of some boy almost in tears but still standing tall. He watches as his girlfriend of four months walks towards the two people.

“He means that we dared him to go out with you, if he did and then broke it off with you after two months, I’d let him become my boyfriend.” Jina says. Then she throws her arms around him and kisses him. Tao’s jaw falls open as his heart shatters.

“Weren’t you dating someone else?” The girl asks. Her tears fall down her face like a waterfall. Jina breaks away and smirks at her.

“Unimportant.” She says, then she takes his hand and pulls him down the hall. “See you loser.” She laughs. They walk off arms around each other leaving Tao feeling just like the girl who runs off shaking as she sobs. His first instinct is to run after her and tell her that he feels just like her but he can't show the other people that this affects him.

It was that moment when his heart went cold because of the betrayal he felt. Why now, the moment he wants to really get over her and start something new does she have to come back. Jina had left to be an exchange student somewhere in America or something like that.

Tao sits at a lunch table on his own. Fury is boiling in his mind towards the person he loves, and the boy she kissed.

“Hey Tao.” A voice that once filled him with happiness now brings only anger and resentment. He glares at Jina.

“What?” He spits. Jina looks surprised about the fact that her once loving and bubbly boyfriend is now so cold and angry.

“I just wanted to say that I’m going to be an exchange student with a few others in America.” She says.

“Oh, have fun with your new boyfriend in America.” He says.

“What are you talking about?” She asks.

“Don’t play dumb Jina. I know what you did today and I know that I'm apparently unimportant to you.” He replies absentmindedly playing with his food.

“Well at least we’re on the same page.” She says after a moment of silence.

“You call that the same page?” He shakes his head and then stands up leaving her standing there.

Real time Tao sighs, I still don’t know who that girl was, I really want to though. He walks down the hall alone. This is not unusual for him because he always walks in the halls. He hears voices in the distance and recognizes both of them. He walks towards the place where the voices are coming.

“How did things go with your ex? Was he happy to see you again?” A voice asks. It’s Alex.

“Not at all, but what do you expect from the first encounter?” Another replies. He recognizes it as Jina, “What about you and your ex?” Who, Victoria? He thinks confused.

“Oh her? She was very confused but I think I was fooling her.” A laugh. Tao clenches his fist, how can he laugh about flying to her.

“I guess we’ll have to work on fooling them in order to get our spot back.” Jina replies.

So Alex is the boy Jina kissed in the hallway that day and Alex’s ex was Victoria. I still need to get the whole story on what happened between those to two. I bet one of her friends knows so I’ll ask the next time I see them and then Alex will get what’s coming to him.