Dares

We Can All Love Again

“Tao, we were planning to tell you, but we’ve invited some girls to hang out with us.” Luhan says.

“Which girls?” Tao asks, could it be Victoria? He thinks slightly excitedly, what are you thinking? He forces that out of his mind.

“Luna, Krystal, Sulli, Victoria, and Amber.” He replies. Knew it.

“When?” He asks.

“Now.” Xiumin nods towards the girls walking towards them with Sulli at the front. He notices that she’s the tallest of them all, in the back, he sees Krystal mutter something.

 

“It’ll be fine, don’t worry.” Krystal whispers.

“I'm not worrying.” Victoria says.

“Oh yeah, then why are your eyes darting about like they do when you’re nervous.” She says. She had her there so Victoria says nothing.

 

“Hey Victoria.” Chen waves.

“Hi.” She waves at him. Again, he feels himself get jealous. She turns her head towards him and nods slightly, he nods back, not quite the exchange of hellos but at least we’re acknowledging each other. 

“So how have you been?” Kris asks.

“Good.” They say. There’s a slightly awkward atmosphere, the two friend groups had rarely talked and the girls had used the argument ‘we need to get a bit closer, it’s weird if the most popular kids don’t get along’ to get Victoria to come with them, her argument was that it would be too awkward there, and she hated awkwardness. The other girls knew that wasn’t even half the reason because Victoria could cope with awkward situations, she usually made the person feel better about it and then everything would relax. Now they were hoping she would put aside what happened between Tao and her and then she’d make things more comfortable with her happy personality.

The two friend groups talk a bit and Victoria does relax everyone by telling a few funny stories, they all laugh except Tao but Amber sees out of the corner of her eye that he smiles, woah, Robot Panda can smile!

 

Victoria was slightly miffed that Tao hadn’t reacted to her stories but she pushed the thought away, the rest had laughed and that made her happy. She sits back while Xiumin tells a joke.

“Can we play a game?” Luhan asks.

“What is it?” Krystal asks.

“Truth or dare.” He says. Victoria stiffens, no way, I’m not playing that.

 

The other girls glance at Victoria to see her struggling to remain calm, she bites her lip and her eyes dart to the side, oh no, now she’s definitely going to be reminded of him, Luna sighs.

 

Tao looks at the girls confused, Victoria is biting her lip and he can see her holding back something, maybe tears? The other four are looking at her with a sadness in their eyes, what is happening? What’s wrong with truth or dare?

“I’m sorry, but I need to go. Have fun playing.” Victoria stands up, her voice slightly cold again. Then she leaves the cafeteria.

“What was that about?” He asks. The girls exchange looks.

“It’s just that Victoria hates dares.” Sulli says.

“Why?” Kris asks.

“Something stupid happened because of a dare.” Krystal says.

“What was it?” Tao asks. They shake their heads not saying anything.

 

Tears fall down Victoria’s cheeks as she runs to the restroom, her heart hurting again.

“I love you.” Victoria said smiling at him.

“I love you too.” He grins back at her. She reaches for his hand but then he pulls away, “April fools.” He smirks, all the kindness gone from his voice.

“What?” She asks confused.

“I don’t love you, never did. This relationship was never real.” He says.

“What do you mean?” She asks, tears welling up in her eyes.

“He means that we dared him to go out with you, if he did and then broke it off with you after two months, I’d let him become my boyfriend.” One of the most popular girls comes out. Then she throws her arms around him and kisses him.

“Weren’t you dating someone else?” Victoria asks. Her tears fall down her face like a waterfall as her heart is being ripped to pieces. The girl breaks away and smirks at her.

“Unimportant.” She says, then she takes his hand and pulls him down the hall. “See you loser.” She laughs. They walk off leaving Victoria wondering how a broken heart can hurt so much.

 

Sorry that this chapter was a bit shorter but you found out a bit about Victoria's past, my internet won't be working for a few days so I'm sorry if I don't update very often, and school is starting again :(