Violence

We Can All Love Again

Tao turns away from Jina and goes into the library. A few meters away from the door he can see Victoria looking slightly wide-eyed at her notes. So she heard? He runs a hand through his hair and turns to the historical fiction area. Should he have said all that? Yes he should have. He can't have Jina thinking she can play with his heart like that. Especially when Victoria is unconsciously playing with it. How she does it is a mystery, it might be that broken look that drew him in the first time, her helpful manner, and then her expression when she told stories. It was a pleasant one with a kind smile. He liked seeing her smile. The night he was drunk he got to see it directed at him and it made him feel really good inside.

All he hopes now is to find out how she feels. He knows he’ll have to wait for that answer because Alex has just come back and she needs to sort her head out with that. Alex, the mere thought of him makes his blood boil.

 

Tao likes me, Victoria’s head is spinning with the realization. When did he figure that out? Now she has to figure out what she’s feeling, can she do that?

She looks up and sees Tao coming towards her ripping her from her conflicting thoughts.

“Hi.” He says almost shyly. He’s rubbing the back of his neck as he sits down in front of her. “I guess you heard what was said just now didn’t you?” She nods. “Well, I'm guessing you’re wondering what Jina is to me right?”

“And you want to know what Alex is to me?” She asks.

“Well, I may have already asked your friends about that.”

“Interesting, and they know about you and Jina?” She’s slightly annoyed that they got to find out first but maybe he can tell her now.

“She was my ex-girlfriend but she cheated on me with your ex-boyfriend. The guy she kissed in the hallway.”

“So that’s why you became Robot Panda?” She mutters.

“What? Robot Panda?” He his head to the side. Damn it, she thinks. He smiles at her and her heart flutters. “I kind of like that.” Then he looks towards the entrance and his expression sours.

 

“Victoria, there you are. Studying hard as always. Who are you?” Alex frowns at Tao, “Oh right you’re Tao.”

“What do you want Alex?” Victoria asks and Tao is surprised by how cold she is. It’s even more than when he rejected her so he’s glad it’s not directed at him.

“What is he to you?” Alex asks glancing at Tao.

“What does it matter?”

“It matters because I want you back. I realized the mistakes I made and I want to make it up to you.” Lies, all lies, Tao grits his teeth, “What’s your problem, man?”

“My problem?” It comes out as a hiss.

 

Victoria looks at Tao. The look he has on matches the voice from earlier.

“My problem is you playing with Victoria. You know how much she was affected by your lies and even now you toy with those emotions.” He says.

“I'm not toying with her, who do you think I am?”

“A liar.” She sees Alex’s fist clench.

“Tao,” Victoria says. He looks at her and his gaze softens. Then he looks back to Alex.

“How dare you say I'm a liar?”

“I dare because I can and because it’s true.” He shrugs before standing up. He starts walking to the exit but then Alex grabs his shoulder and pulls him back.

“I am not a liar.” Tao glares at him and rips the hand off of his shoulder.

“Let’s do this in the hallway because I doubt they approve of violence in a library.” Tao walks out of the door and as soon as they’re in the hall Tao punches Alex hard in the jaw. “That’s what I’ve been waiting to do for a few days and it was definitely worth the wait.” Alex punches him in the gut and Tao doubles over. He dodges the next punch but then gets hit in the side of the head.

“Stop it please! Why would you want to fight over this?” Victoria goes in between them.

“Well I didn’t exactly want a fight and that one punch was good enough for me.” Tao rubs his head.

“Well let’s keep it at that.” She grabs his arm and leads him away, “Why did you hit him?” She asks not concerned for Alex but curious. Tao is silent for a moment.

“Because of how he plays with you. That day he saw you break down into tears and still has the nerve to try and get you back now. Though the end result would only be your heart breaking again and I really don’t want that to happen.” He explains. She’s slightly touched.

“But you still shouldn’t get hurt because of me, I mean you got hit twice!” She puts her hand on the spot where Alex hit his head.

 

He winces slightly at her touch but her hand is cool so it’s quite pleasant.

“I know, but it still was worth it.” She raises an eyebrow at him and shakes her head.

“Violence is not the answer.”

“It may not be the answer but it certainly made me feel better. You have to agree that he was worse.”

“I do, and it may have also made me feel better.”

“See?” He grins at her.

“But still don’t do that again, you might get hurt even more or get in trouble.” She turns serious again.

“Okay I won't, promise.” He bows his head but is still smiling.

“You know, when I found out about Jina and Alex. I think you remember me asking about her boyfriend. I had felt really bad for you but I had no idea who you were at the time, do you think she wanted it like that?” She asks.

“Probably. Quick question, after Jina and I broke up, why did I become so popular. I know why you did, but why me?”

“You became popular because one, you’re quite good looking and everyday I hear girls saying how attractive you are and two, girls really like it when a guy is hard to get, you’re pretty much unattainable and that made every girl want you as their boyfriend.”

“So you think I’m attractive?” He raises his eyebrows.

“That’s what the other girls say about you, I'm just relaying it back to you.” When a smirk starts to play on his lips she says, “Don’t push it, Panda.” She thinks I'm attractive, that thought makes him smile broadly.

“And what about that unattainable thing, is that why you asked me out?”

“It’s not the unattainable thing. Krystal said that there was a boy called Tao because I had started thinking of Alex again. After you said no, I tried figuring your character out and it took my mind off Alex. I still haven’t figured you out, just so you know. Hang on, how do you know the reason I'm popular?”

“Well, I'm relaying this bit, you are a very beautiful girl and very nice. All the boys who have dated you in the past say you’re a great girlfriend. You also have a bit of a cold appearance that some guys are attracted to.” I know Chen was. He’s still a bit jealous about the fact that his friend got to date this girl and also kiss her, “Even though it’s a pretty good nickname, why do you call me Robot Panda?”

“Well, the Robot part is because how you very often talk in an emotionless voice and people rarely see you show emotion. The second part is because the bags under your eyes make you look a bit like a panda.” She explains.

“Interesting. Who came up with it?”
“That would be me. “ She raises a hand comically.

“The guys will get a kick out of it.”

“They’ll probably find it out from my friends before you can tell them. There are some things that they can't keep a secret.” She sighs.

“Then they probably know some cool facts about you that they won't mind telling me.” He watches her eyes fill with a bit of dread, “Does Victoria Song have something to hide?” His eyes widen.

“Lunch is almost over, it’s a shame we must stop the conversation now.” She stands up quickly. So when she gets flustered she speaks more formal, good to know.

“Thiss conversation is not over, we’ll continue during cooking class. We’re making cookies today, aren’t we?” She glares at him and he almost feels a bit scared of her. Well, almost may soon leave the sentence.