Lunch

We Can All Love Again

“Come on Victoria! Get your head out of your locker, we’re having lunch.” Amber says jumping up and down like she always does when she’s hungry.

“Fine.” She closes the door.

“Finally.” They walk down the hall. For some reason more people are talking than usual. Victoria can't hear what they’re talking about, but she can see they look or point in her direction more than once. They enter the cafeteria and there’s even more of that behaviour. Victoria frowns as she returns to her table.

“Are you noticing the looks and talk as well?” She asks them.

“Yeah, I just heard your name, nothing else sadly.” Krystal frowns as well.

“The boys are coming today as well, I hope you can tell a few more stories today.” Luna changes the subject quickly.

“You guys really like my stories?” Victoria raises her eyebrows in disbelief.

“Of course, and the way you tell them is really funny, not like how I would tell them.” Sulli slumps her shoulders comically.

“That’s not true, you also tell good stories.” Victoria pats the girl’s back, “So when you say ‘the boys are coming’, does that involve Tao as well?” She asks. The girls exchange quick smiles and nod. Victoria rolls her eyes, great, Robot Panda’s coming, that should be the highlight of my day.

 

“Are we having lunch with the girls today again?” Tao asks.

“Yeah, Krystal invited us.” Chen replies.

“Okay then.” He shrugs. In reality, he was looking forward to seeing Victoria and maybe listen to her talk again. He knew it was lame to think like that, because she almost never looked his way today. Not since yesterday afternoon, did she think he was an idiot for grabbing the pan with his bare hands? Well it is true. You are an idiot, the voice in the back of his mind says.

Shut up, he tells it. The guys go to the cafeteria and Tao’s eyes search the room for Victoria’s black hair.

“There in the back.” Luhan points to the back just as Tao finds her. They walk down the room getting the usual stares from the girls around the room. Tao rolls his eyes, can't they do anything better? Apparently not because he sees a few more girls bat their eyes at him, weren’t you in a relationship? He frowns slightly in the direction of one girl who he was sure he saw yesterday with a boy. His frown turns into a scowl when he sees a bunch of guys eyeing Victoria. Why was he being jealous? He even had his chance to have her but he turned it down–wait what? Forget it, just focus on lunch. Plus, you’ll confuse yourself too much if you think about this.

 

“There they are.” Luna waves the boys over. Victoria turns around and she sees that Tao is scowling. Oh wow, he does not want to be here.

“Hey.” Chen smiles at them all.

“Hi.” The girls reply. Tao’s scowl fades as he sits down.

“So what’s new?” Luhan asks.

“My science teacher today was in a bad. Someone wanted to go to the bathroom and he just snapped and told her to shut up and wait for the end of the lesson.” Amber says.

“How much time was left in the lesson?” Kris asks.

“About forty-five minutes, I felt so bad for the girl. As soon as class ended, she was out of the room in three seconds.”

“I saw that when I came out of my class, I didn’t know why she was in such a hurry but I was amazed by her speed!” Xiumin smiles. Victoria leans back in her chair as she munches on her sandwich completely at ease even though there was still some awkwardness with some of the people. (*coughs*Robot Panda)

“Wait, Chen, didn’t we have to do something for class?” Krystal jumps up looking shocked shocked.

“We did too, right Luhan?” Sulli also gets up. Slowly, everyone is gone except for Tao and Victoria. They didn’t set us up did they? Both inwardly grimace.

I can't leave now, that would be rude. Victoria thinks.

If I leave now, I’ll be an even bigger jerk in her eyes. Tao sighs quietly. They sit in silence for about a minute or two.

“How’s your hand?” Victoria asks.

“It’s alright now, thank you.” He says.

“Will you be going to cooking today? I think we’re baking cupcakes.”

“I will.”

The group of girls and boys look around the corner at the two.

“It’s painful to watch.” Krystal grimaces. Victoria is shifting in her seat with a small glint of discomfort. She’s only covering it up to be polite, in reality she would rather be in her most boring class then there. Same goes for Tao.

“I say we give them five minutes and then we save the two of them.” Chen says. The five minutes pass.

“False alarm, why don’t we go walk around school?” Krystal pops up smiling. Thank god, Victoria thinks. Tao wasn’t bad, but she just hates awkward situations; they stress her out. “I have never seen you at a loss for words!” She exclaims hooking her arm through Victoria’s.

“You should talk.” Victoria sticks her tongue out at the girl.

“Well we’re both big talk–” She’s cut off when she knocks into someone.

“Sorry, didn’t see you there.” The voice is very familiar. One she hasn’t heard in a month, and one that fills her with resentment. She looks up.

“You.”

 

Hi! I am so so so so sorry about not updating for so long. I just got off-track with other things, I had more story ideas and I worked on them. Now I'll work on the stories I have here but I can't promise they'll be up soon because I'm busy at other places but the updates will come! Hope you enjoyed this chapter, who do you think the familiar voice belongs to? ;)