drabble 02 (xiuchen ft. chen's adorable laughs)

Different Lifetime, Different Stories

There are twenty-four versions of jongdae's laughs and minseok remembers all of them. Each of his laugh is rasp and high, with slight crooked smiles and crescent eyes on his face - just the way minseok likes it.

 

Just when he thinks that no human could have differentiate his laughter more, he just discovered the twenty-fifth version today. But that laugh isn't rasp, isn't as high as the others. There's no crooked smile, and the crescent dies on his eyes. It is strained, short and forced. A sigh escapes his lips, and tears almost fall to his cheeks.

 

The cheerful jongdae is reduced to a lump of sadness in front of him. Minseok freezes.

 

"I know it," jongdae finally says something after a silent that felt like horde of punches to minseok guts, "My head already told me no but I'm just an idiot, you know?" He hangs his head low then, avoiding minseok's eyes like a plague.

 

He rambles a lot more after that. They sounds like excuses but minseok can't catch any words that he said. The sound of his heart are pounding inside his ears, making his head hurts. This is jongdae, his colleague, fellow exo member whom he thought as his own brother. Jongdae, who is always right beside him whenever the pressure from chinese media were too harsh and the language became too unbearable to learn. Jongdae, who shared bed with him, hugging him when he missed home, laughing with him when he cracked a bad joke. Jongdae, who is stupid enough to confess to him out of the blue after their concert.

 

Minseok took a deep breath.

 

"Can I ask a favor, hyung?" Jongdae has stopped his rambles. His head is lifted up but his eyes look elsewhere, anywhere but minseok"s. "Can we," he hesitates when minseok finally catches his gaze, "can we pretend that I didn't say anything?"

 

Minseok's expression must have been wrong because right after that, jongdae rushes with his normal laugh which minseok noticed as version thirteen. But it sounds nothing like normal because minseok knows every notes and tones of it.

 

"It's like back to normal, hyung. I mean, you're not upset right? I'm just being stupid so just ignore it." Jongdae took a breath. His eyes' smiling. He offers his hand to minseok, intending for them to group with the others. "Let's go back?"

 

Minseok can only nods in reply. He takes jongdae's hand as usual and let the man pulls him forward. Right before the waiting room, he finally braves himself.

 

He leans into jongdae's ear, "let me think about it." His face flushes in pink and grips the other’s shoulders so that jongdae can't turn around, but the man stubbornly tilts his head back. His eyes lightens as he takes in minseok's bright red cheeks.

 

The corners of jongdae's lips curves up into a point. He lets out another laugh, the version one - minseok's favorite. It rises high and loud, bouncing into his ears with happiness. It feels spring and summer altogether.

 

"I don't promise you anything, though," minseok adds quickly. But jongdae only hugs him tight, his lean arms lift minseok in a twirl as the door opens, and ten pairs of hands showering them with confetties.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

 

Where did those confetties come from i dont even know.

By the way, how do you spell the plural form of confetti? (This is a serious question) i'm dying to know but too lazy to google it. 

 

I really love jongdae's laugh so there might be too much feels on this one. I still write disgustingly. Ugh at my own writing.

Hope you enjoy this mess. Comments? ❤