drabble 03 (mama!au ft. sehun)

Different Lifetime, Different Stories

It was like his mind wouldn’t give him any other dreams.

 

 

Sehun feels a soft surface touches his forehead. He blinks awake. His mother’s face is an inch from his.

 

"Oh you’re awake?" She asked, surprised, but still smiling anyway. She gets off from the bed, reaching to turn off the ringing alarm that just blasted off. "That’s like half an hour early."

 

Sehun rubs his forehead absently, feeling it a bit moist from slight lipstick mark. “Did you do this everyday?”

 

She looks at him, a little bit offended at her son’s remark. “Maybe,” her eyes spark in mischief. “Why, can’t I kiss my only son?” She proceeds to steal a peck to sehun’s forehead again before the boy rolls off the bed. “Rude,” she pouts.

 

"Aren’t you suppose to leave early?" Sehun gets up finally, his head pounding heavily. Today is no different afterall.

 

"Ah yes, the meeting." She hurriedly takes her bag and a pile of documents from sehun’s desk. "I’m going then, sehun-ah. Don’t be late to school."

 

"Hm," sehun mumbles a yes. He shifts forward, arms circling her mother’s petite figure in a back hug. "Drive safely, mom."

 

Her smiles then is as bright as the morning sun. “I will, sehun-ah.”

 

 

He remembers that there was a yellow-grass field. He also remembers that he was sitting alone on a chair in the middle of it. There was also gust of winds, hurricane of sounds and blast of dust in front of him, but the rest of the dream are blur.

 

 

It’s now seven-thirty and there’s no sign of huang zitao anywhere.

 

Sehun looks at his phone. He already sent six messages and twelve calls to tao’s phone but none of his reply comes. Their class starts in half an hour and they need at least twenty minutes to reach the school.

 

Five minutes passed and sehun checks his phone again. Nothing.

 

Their first class for today is chemistry, and sehun is currently very afraid of mrs. Kim, their chemistry teacher who also partimes as a witch (according to popular belief.) He already got his score cut in half for his last experiment and he doesn’t want to repeat that experience for his lateness today.

 

Sehun considers to go by himself but he is a good friend. A good friend never leave a friend behind, especially tao, who apparently knows karate (it’s wushu actually but sehun of course just calls it as he wants) and can kick any asses to the sky and back.

 

Knocks come from the front door.

 

Sehun pulls the door open with a speed of light. “Huang zitao!”

 

"Morning, sehunnie!" The boy chirps, still in the high-pitch voice of his that seems never get to experience puberty. His panda eyes curve up into slits as he grins.

 

Sehun is ‘this’ close to slam the door back shut. But he stops his hand as the surrounding suddenly grows quiet, too quiet. Behind tao, the rush of people walking on the sidewalk stops, and the air stays in place. Sehun glances at the clock.

 

The secondhand isn’t moving.

 

Tao smirks. “Ready to go?"

 

 

He remembers the wind moved towards him, along with the loud roar. He remembers it pooled around his hand, pulsating and spinning on top of his palm.

And then he woke up. Sweats trailed from his forehead and his body feverish all over.

 

 

Sehun moved his fingers lightly towards the tree. A soft breeze suddenly blows around the leaves and branches, pushing the baloon enough to float to his hand.

 

"Here," he said to the little girl. Her smile wide and the pigtails on her hair bounce as she skips towards him. She takes the baloon from his hand, gripping the string tighter now to not lose it again.

 

"Thank you so much mister!" She lisps cutely, rosy cheeks colored her round face. She dashes back to her mother, arms flailing animately to tell her what happened.

 

Sehun finds himself smiling. In between another breeze and falling leaves, sehun thinks this ‘condition’ of his isn’t that bad afterall.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

 

Am I the only one who feels all giddy and giggles when imagining sehun hugging his mom like that.

And let's be honest, tao's voice is the most adorable :3

 

I fell in love with mama!au since the MV came out but this is the first time I try to write it - took me a lot time >_< I'm planning to make this a series with chanbaek story on its way now :D

I have no confidence in this, though. So, comment and suggestion? <3