drabble 01 (dragon!kris)

Different Lifetime, Different Stories

"How does it feel to fly?" Once she braved herself to ask.

 

"Feels like walking," he said. His feet landed smoothly on the ground as the wings on his back flapped twice to regain balance. The wind from it slapped her rudely on her face, but not uncomfortable. Never uncomfortable.

 

"So like walking on the sky?" She asked again, eyes glinting and sparkling under the dim orange light of setting sun. 

 

He stared at her face for long, not uttering any answers she wanted. She realized that it must be silly for her to ask. For a dragon, flying was as natural as walking and it might be difficult to explain that to a human. But his eyebrows kept furrowing. His eyes never left hers.

 

"It's like walking on the land," he tried again to appease her, "without heavy weights chained on your feet." He looked at the smile that bloomed on her face and a thump escaped his chest.

 

She patted the seat beside her. It was made from grass and bed of flowers - the most beautiful seat in the world. "Sit with me," she said to him, "the sky's too good to be missed. Surely you don't have task after this?"

 

"The sun's setting," he said simply. An unintended sadness came through his voice and she noticed it. They don't have much time before the guards came. But he knew the stubborness inside her, knew the foolishness of a human girl who was deep in love.

 

She gave him a look. Her hand patted the grass harder, almost childishly adorable. "Come here, Wu Fan."

 

He gave in, then. His arms circling around her waist as he buried his head in her nape. She always smelled so sweet, like flowers on spring, like first rain on autumn. His wings surrounded her, possesively in a manner that she didn't understand yet. "Just until the sun completely set, then."

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

 

Blame tumblr for feeding me with dragon!kris feels.

I rarely write OC though so don't how this would turn out. Hope it's not too bad. Hmm.

 

Basically in this au, human and dragon cannot together. It is forbidden by lawwww. The guards can catch you after sunset. Or something like that. OTL.

Many fails on this one. Comments? ❤