Christmas Special

Mocha Bread Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Hello my lovely readers! This is a little late, but here is a little surprise Mocha Bread Boy Christmas Special! I intended to finish this earlier, but then life got in the way. Anyways, it is not yet edited, but I want to put it up before it's too late. ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR HOLIDAYS! <3 Thank you all for supporting this story!

    Ah, December. It’s that time of the year again. Minseok is used to seeing people flooding in and out of his bakery buying all the holiday-themed desserts. He noticed that girls are usually ers for those well-decorated cake and cookies. The best selling item in his bakery is expected, mocha bread. Minseok have to make two extra batches every day now that words have gone around about his tasty mocha bread.

    His shop is decorated with cute holiday decorations that drawn passersby in. A small Christmas tree in the corner with twinkling lights that illuminated the shop at night. Holiday stuffed animals filled the shelves surrounding the bakery for those who decided to stay and enjoy their desserts. Glass snowflakes hung from the ceiling resembled real snow. Christmas lights flickered on the brim and door of his bakery, welcoming many in as well. Minseok wanted to create a comfortable atmosphere for his customers during the chilly winter. It warmed his heart to watch his customers enjoying their treats. It also warmed his heart when he is reminded of decorating the place with his boyfriend.

    It’s been a year since Luhan and Minseok started dating.

    “My name is Luhan. Lu Han. I like you” Minseok smiled as he recalled Luhan’s new introduction as a boy to him. Of course they couldn’t just date like normal because Minseok thought he was a girl the whole time. And so, Minseok suggested time to get to know each other by offering Luhan a job at his bakery. Months went by with constant flirting and sweet gestures for Minseok to realized maybe he really did love this boy. Minseok finally confessed to Luhan after months of and romantic attraction on Christmas Eve.

   

December 24th, last year.

    “What are you doing for Christmas?” Minseok asked casually as he arranged the new batch of mocha bread on the case.    

    “Working” Luhan answered, “It’s technically Christmas already boss” he said sarcastically.

    “Are you mad I made you work on Christmas Eve?” Minseok noticed the negative tone in Luhan’s voice.

    “No” he answered coldly and thank goodness a customer came in. Luhan wasn’t really mad at the fact that he have to work on Christmas Eve. Heck, he get to see Minseok on a holiday. Why would he be mad? He was just irritated. Irritated at himself for not being able to think straight and make a decision. Luhan spent the whole night before debating whether or not to confess to his good-looking boss. He ended up with little sleep the next day and no decision yet.

    He also assumed that Minseok didn’t care because he didn’t even ask about Luhan’s Christmas plan until now. Sometimes Luhan can’t help but questioned Minseok’s feelings. Minseok would kiss him out of the blue, then would pretend like it never happened the next day. It went on like that for several months until now.Both  Minseok and Luhan are confused. Confused about their own feelings and each other's. Confused why they are both denying the attraction that is evidently there.

Minseok finally had enough of his own “stupidity". He decided the night before that he will confess on Christmas Day, but now Luhan is giving him the cold shoulder. Minseok's gaze lingered on the doe-eyed boy as he took the customer's order.

"One peppermint mocha please" the customer ordered. He was a boy with high cheekbones and a quite attractive smile.

"White,milk,or dark chocolate?" Luhan asked

"What do you recommend?"

"Well...milk is probably a little bit sweeter than d-"

"Would it be as sweet as you?" The customer winked

"Wha-" luhan was caught off guard

"How about white sir? It's the sweetest" Minseok interrupted the order and Luhan could only stare at him. Minseok moved Luhan out of the way to deal with the customer himself.

"Isn't white chocolate basically fake chocolate?" The customer chuckled. He could sense a little something between the two barista in front of him, but he's having  little too much fun. "Are you trying to say something?"

"Yes" Minseok continued to glare at the boy.

The customer chuckled once more, "Alright alright, I'll take that then"

"Anything else?" Minseok punched in the order without looking at the customer again.

"Hmm..it is a bakery after all..any baked goods suggestion?" The customer looked straight at Luhan who stood staring at Minseok in a dazed. He didn't understand why Minseok just pushed him aside and take the order. Luhan decided to spite Minseok instead.

"The meat bun is really good. Not everyone appreciate its taste" Luhan said, trying to imply something.

Minseok heard the boy and understood right away. "He's mad, isn't he?" Minseok thought

"I don't think meat buns are good for you sir. Mocha bread is the best" Minseok said.

"That's so mainstream though. I heard about your mocha bread everywhere." The customer challenged. "I'll take the meat bun, it might be a hidden gem" Minseok disliked the fact that someone can eat the meat bun besides him. It was through his mocha bread that he met Luhan,but it was really through meat buns that he fell in love with the doe-eyed boy. Minseok thought that he should have taken meat buns off the menu.

"Fine" Minseok mumbled as he shoved the meat bun into the paper bag.

"Thanks!" the customer moved onto the coffee pick up bar to pick up his coffee. Luhan ignored Minseok after he handed the customer the meat bun to make his coffee.

He handed the boy his coffee.

"My name is Jongdae. you should give me a call if you know.." he motioned towards Minseok whose stare remained on the two, "You and him doesn’t work out" and handed Luhan his business card.

Luhan immediately look over to Minseok and returned to Jongdae’s business card

    Kim Jongdae

    Daebak Coffee

    Owner

    xxx-xxxx

“Are you trying to steal our coffee formula?” Luhan asked

“No” Jongdae winked, “I’m trying to steal you” With that, the boy left with a smug smile. “How cute...they gonna tonight so you’re welcome” he thought.

    Luhan didn’t have time to respond to the smooth line, so he continued to stand at the counter staring at the odd customer.

    “What’s that?” he didn’t noticed Minseok is now standing beside him. Probably a little bit too close because when Luhan turned around, he nose brushed with against the mocha bread boy.

    “N-nothing” Luhan stammered and rushed to the back,

Minseok was irri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter