SUNDAY

7 DAYS

Donghae quickly sat up straight as Jessica's footsteps drew closer to the living room. He knew she would have a fit about how untidy it looked to have one's leg strected out across the couch. She set down the glass bowl of popcorn on the table before reaching for the remote.

"This is the consequence of letting me choose which film we get to watch," she warned as the opening credits began to roll. "You can choose the next one, though."

As expected, the movie portrayed a beautiful female protagonist who was capable of doing pretty much anything from cooking a lavish five-course dinner to jumping between rooftops that were separated by a distance of at least 20 metres. Donghae sighed, a smile tugging at the corner of his lips. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder; she, in turn, leaned into his embrace and rested her head against his shoulder in contentment.

Donghae rested his head on top of hers, sighing in satisfaction. His gaze wandered aimlessly until he spied the small bowl filled with wooden letters sitting on the coffee table.

"How many letters have you got now?" he asked in curiousity. Jessica muted the volume before tipping the bowl upside down, emptying the bowl's contents.

"Why don't you set them out on the table next to each other? Maybe it's some sort of secret message," he whispered.

"In the order which I got them?"

"In the order which you got them."

Donghae took a deep breath and braced himself for what was about to come as Jessica began to place the letters side by side.

"Let's see... M....A.....R.....R....Y.....M....Oh my God."

Jessica's eyes widened as Donghae extracted a wooden block in the shape of an "E" from his pocket. He moved the second "M" away from the "Y" and placed the "E" next to it.

The letters now spelt out the two words - "Marry Me."

The next thing she knew, he was down on one knee in front of her.

Oh God. She almost started hyperventilating.

"Marry Me?" he asked, a diamond ring in his hands and a rarely seen gentle smile on his face. Jessica couldn't help but smile herself as she pulled him back onto his feet and gave him a hug.

"Since when were you so innovative?" she said, her smile growing wider as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Since I realized that I wanted my proposal to be special," she could feel his chin sitting on top of her head.

She leaned into his chest, "Stupid alien. Any proposal is special , regardless of how it's performed. You didn't have to spread it out across a week."

"I wanted to."

"What does that prove?"

"It proves that I'd be willing to do anything to make you happy," he mummured into her hair. "It proves that I'd unconditionally put your well-being before mine. And hopefully, it proves that I love you more than anything else in the world."

Jessica didn't have to consider her answer for long.

"Yes."

"Yes, it proves it, or yes, you'll marry me?"

"Yes, it proves it, and yes, I'll marry you."

"Really?" the happiness is evident in his voice.

"Really."

"Really really?"

"Don't push your luck."

He laughed, titling her chin upwards so that he could kiss her.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the end!  Please do comment!