02. A Bad Past

The 'Talent' Club

 

 

 

 

"He know's, Chanyeol." 

 

"I know that, Yixing." Chanyeol sighed, he sat down on his couch. "He wants you to join his club." Yixing informed. "What is the club about?" Chanyeol asked.

 

"Well, he wants to find others with powers like ours." Yixing smiled, Chanyeol tilted his head, "Does he really think their are others?" He said. "Yeah! He even told me what they do!"

 

"How could he know that others exist?" Chanyeol asked, "Well..." Yixing thought. "How do you know that he wont tell everyone about our powers?" Chanyeol sighed, "Well, he said he had them." Yixing said nervously. "Have you ever heard about lying? Just because you don't do it, doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't."

 

"Are you okay?" Yixing asked, "Yeah, I just... Need sometime alone." Chanyeol mumbled, loud enough for Yixing to hear. Chanyeol got up from the couch, went toward the door, he then turned to look at Yixing. "I'll be back, can you lock the door for me?"

 

He nodded, "Channie, don't be out too late, we have school tomorrow."

 

"Don't worry, Yixing, I'll be back." Chanyeol slightly smiled, he unlocked the door, he then exited. Chanyeol turned around and waited for Yixing to close it, "Bye, Channie." Yixing said. Chanyeol nodded, "Bye, Yixing."

 

He closed the door, and Chanyeol set off on his walking trip. He deicded to go to the park, maybe cheerful people would make Chanyeol a bit happier. He walked around the town until he found the park, he sat down on the bench.

 

He looked at the children giggle while running around the playground, he sighed. The kids playing with their parents on the playground, with an eternal smile. The happy couples shoving the fact that they wont be lonely in his face. Chanyeol hates it all, the smiling, happiness, and the affection.

 

He can't understand it anymore, the way people think that this will last forever, Nothing is forever. Chanyeol used to  believe in this 'Forever' a long time ago, About the age of six is when he found out forever was a lie. He had a  pretty good life, for a six year old, until that one night.

 

-_Flashback_-

 

"Appa, I had a bad dream." little Chanyeol sniffled, His father patted the spot next to him on the couch, "Tell me what happened, Yeollie." He said. Chanyeol walked over to the couch, and sat himself down, "You and Umma, were fighting. You said you didn't wove umma, she wan away from us. She didn't ever comeback."

 

"That is an awful dream, Yeollie." His father said, "Appa, do you  wove umma? Would you ever make umma weave us?"

 

His father sighed, "No, Yeollie, that would never happen. I love her, I would never make her leave us."

 

"Do you pwomise?" Chanyeol sniffled, His father nodded, He took out his pinky and stuck it out facing Chanyeol. "I pinky promise, Yeollie." 

 

Chanyeol nodded happily, he intertwined his pinky with his fathers, "Now go to sleep, Yeollie, you have school  tomorrow." His father said ruffling Chanyeol's hair, Chanyeol smiled and walked back into his room. 

 

The door opened, revealing Chanyeol's mother, "It's late, where were you?" He asked his wife. "None of your business, you don't own me." She said closing the door, "You're going to have to take Chanyeol to school tomorrow, I have an early meeting to go to."

 

"Why  can't you take him? Like always, I have things to do." She replied, "I can't take Chanyeol because I need to  go to an important meeting, If I don't go i'll be fired." He responed. Little Chanyeol heard his dad saying his name, so he opened the door just a little bit to see what was going on.

 

"Well, maybe you'll have to get fired. What I do is also important!" She shouted, "You're a stay at home mom, what else are you doing except for taking care of Chanyeol?" He asked. 

 

"Like I said before, none of your business." She said coldly, "I know you've been seeing someone else." He told her, she sighed. "Okay, so what?"

 

"So what? We're married, we've been married for eleven years! I've known you for twenty years!" He shouted, "What does that have to do with any of this?"

 

"Everything! I want to have a nice life. You're making this impossible." He said, "Well, maybe I don't love you anymore, You only pay attention to your job and Chanyeol!" She shouted. "Maybe because you don't even pay attention to him! He had a bad dream about you, he loves you. Do you even care about him?"

 

"Yes! I love Chanyeol!" She said, Chanyeol frowned, this was almost like his dream. The only difference is that his mom doesn't love his father anymore. His dad got off of the couch, he went to his bedroom, Chanyeol's mother followed him, they entered the room and closed the door. Chanyeol walked out of his room, and into the living room. He noticed his parents weren't in there.

 

So he went to their room, he heard talking, and presses his ear to the door.

 

"What are you doing?" His mom asked, "I'm leaving, I'm taking Chanyeol with me." He said. "You can't do that!" She shouted, "You know what? The only reason I'm still here, is because of Chanyeol! I love him, I don't want his life being ruined because of you."

 

"No! Chanyeol is my baby!" She cried, "He's my son also, and I don't want him alone with you and that boyfriend of yours." He said. Chanyeol walked back into the living room, he sat down on the couch. "He doesn't want to go with you!" He heard his mom shout.

 

"Who said he'd like to stay with you?" His father shouted, "We'll make him choose." His mother said. Chanyeol frowned, he ran into his room and grabbed his giraffe plushie. He dove onto his bed and hid his face in his pillow, hoping that what he heard was all just a dream.

 

"Yeollie? Me and umma want to talk with you.'' He heard his father from the living room, Chanyeol had his giraffe plushie, he got out of bed and opened the door.

 

"Take a seat, Chanyeol." His mother said, he sat down on the couch next to his father. "Yeollie, I'd like you to go with me to a new home." His father said, "A new home?" He asked. "Yes, It'll be fun!" His dad said, "Is umma coming with us?" 

 

He shook his head, "No, umma wants to stay here, do you want to come with me, or stay with umma?" His father asked. Chanyeol looked at his mom, she was in tears, he looked at his father, he had a sad expression. "I-I want umma and appa!" He cried. "I know, but you can only have one of us." His mother sniffled. Chanyeol wiped his tears. "I-I want a-appa."

 

"What?" His mother coughed, "I-I want a-appa." He cried, "But Chanyeol! I love you!" She cried. "Yeollie, i'll help you pack your things." His father said, "O-Okay." He choked out, He followed his father into his room. They packed one suitcase full of his clothes, and another full of his toys. 

 

"Wait here Yeollie, I need to put these in the car." His dad said, getting the suitcases and going outside. Chanyeol nodded, He walked to the living room to see his mom crying on the floor, "Umma! I'm sorry!" He cried. "It's okay, h-here." His mother said, giving him a rosary necklace. "Protect this, Channie. I love you." 

 

"I wove you too umma!" Chanyeol said, he gave his mother his giraffe plushie. "No, Chanyeol, keep it." She said, "Keep it." Chanyeol frowned, His mother smiled  and hugged him. "I love you, Chanyeol. Don't forget that." 

 

"Okay, Yeollie, let's go." His dad said. Chanyeol nodded slowly. His father walked away, Chanyeol looked back at his mother. He frowned and ran outside, He got in the back seat of the car. "I'm sorry, Yeollie." His dad told him. The car started and they drove off, little Chanyeol never seen his mother face to face ever again.

 

-_Flashback End_-

 

Chanyeol had tears falling down his face, he was shaking. He held the necklace that his mother gave him. "I miss you." He mumbled. 

 

"Uh, are you okay?" A person said as they sat down on the bench, "I-I'm fine."

 

"You don't seem fine, did your girlfriend break up with you?" The guy asked, "Uh, who are you?" Chanyeol asked wipping  his tears. "I'm Byun Baekhyun." He smiled, "Okay, why are y-you here?" Chanyeol asked.

 

"Well, I was walking, and I heard loud sobs, I thought it was a monster until I saw you." Baekhyun said, "So, why are you sad?" He  asked. "Because I'm not happy."

 

"Well obviously, you're crying." Baekhyun rolled his eyes, "I-I remembered a bad chapter in my life." Chanyeol sighed. "Oh, why are you at the park if you wanted to cry?" Baekhyun laughed, "My intention wasn't crying. I just... saw all of the happy families, and people."

 

"You got some family issues?" Baekhyun asked, "Go away."

 

"You know, talking about it makes things better." Baekhyun smiled, "I don't know you, I'm not telling a stranger my problems." Chanyeol answered. "Why not? I if I don't know you I can't bother you about your troubles." He said. "Byun..Baek..Hyun." Someone heaved behind the bench. 

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol turned around to see a boy with round eyes heaving in air, "What do you want?" 

 

"My mom...Made...Dinner." He breathed, Baekhyun jumped up and off the bench. "Well, sorry problematic guy, my aunt's food is amazing, I must go." He smiled running off with the other guy.

 

"I'm never coming back to this place, like ever again." Chanyeol sighed wipping his tears away, he got up from the bench and stretched. "I should probably get going, Yixing might be waiting for me." Chanyeol mumbled.

 

He started walking home, he noticed that the longer he walked the darker it got. His pace got faster, he looked around. Chanyeol then bumped into something and he fell to the ground, "Ouch." Chanyeol mumbled. "S-Sir, are you o-okay?" 

 

Chanyeol looked up to see a boy with blonde hair and brown eyes, "It's okay."

 

"I keep bumping into people, yesterday I bumped into some boy near an alley way, he tripped, I helped him up and he ran off. Well, I hope you're actually alright, bye." The guy said running off.

 

Chanyeol got off of the ground and dusted the dirt off of his pants and shirt. He arrived at his and Yixing's shared house. He got out his keys, he stuck them in the lock and twisted it, the door opened and he entered. He locked the door and closed it.

 

He checked the time, it was ten o'clock. "Crap, Yixing's going to kill me if he's still awake."

 

"Oh, you got that right, Channie." 

 

Chanyeol jumped and turned to his right, Yixing was tapping his foot on the tile floor. "I said get home early, and you came home at ten?" He asked. "I'm Sorry."

 

"That doesn't cut it Channie, I was worried." He pouted, "Please! Don't do that! It's my weakness!" Chanyeol smiled. "I'm trying to make you feel bad." He pouted with cute eyes. "What do  you want? I'll do anything!" He frowned.

 

"Join Minseok's club." Yixing smiled, "I don't really want to." Chanyeol said, Yixing put his hand up to his cheek.

 

"Please, Yixing!"

 

He pouted.

 

"Stop!"

 

"I'm going to say it!" Yixing said, "Please don't! You know I don't like it." Chanyeol frowned.

 

Yixing put another hand up to his cheeks. "Fine! I'll join the stupid club!" Chanyeol shouted. Yixing had a huge smile on his face, "Thank you, Channie! Goodnight!" Yixing chuckled skipping off into his room. Chanyeol smiled.

 

"Goodnight, Yixing."

 

He walked into his room and went to his bathroom, He showered. Put on his sleeping attire, brushed his teeth, and plopped down onto his bed. 

 

He took off his necklace, and put it next to his picture of his mom, father, and him at the age of six. "I love you mom, I don't know where you are at the moment. But all I know is that you're living your life, I hope that you're happy. I missed you so much that I remembered the date I left you, It's today to be exact. I kinda had a little fit when I was talking to my best friend, Yixing. I'll be sure to apologize to him tomorrow"

 

"I remebered that appa said he would never make you leave us, he even pinky promised. Well, I guess he was right, he made us leave you. Well, I know that you miss me as much as I miss you." He kissed the picture and fell asleep.

 

Yixing was in the doorway, he was on his way to Chanyeol's room to ask him what he wanted for breakfast tomorrow. He listened to what Chanyeol said, he frowned. "Goodnight, Channie. Even if you didn't apologize, I'd still forgive you." He whispered.  He walked away from Chanyeol's room and into  his own to go to sleep.