04. Unicorns and Angels

The 'Talent' Club

 

 

 

 

Yixing rung the door bell, he had been up all night thinking of the alluring Joonmyeon. Yeah, Yixing had a crush on him, for quite some time actually. The door opened to reveal the astonishing Joonmyeon, “Yixing?”

 

Yixing looked at Joonmyeon, his lips were in that lovely smile that Yixing adored so much. “Can I come in?” He asked, Joonmyeon stepped aside, motioning for him to come inside. Yixing stepped into the house and looked around, the house was one of the cleanest places Yixing has ever seen in his life.

 

“Would you like to sit down?” Joonmyeon asked him, Yixing nodded. They entered the living room, Yixing took a seat, Joonmyeon did the same.. “I uh...”

 

“You what?”

 

“I just...” Yixing was starting to regret his decision to come over and confess to Joonmyeon. Yeah, that’s what he was here for, to confess to the person who made him have sleepless nights. “Yixing, I’m your friend, you can tell me anything. You know I won’t judge you.”

 

“So, there’s this unicorn.”

 

“Unicorn?” Joonmyeon asked, “Yeah, a unicorn. He had met a handsome angel, they’re pretty good friends, but the unicorn didn’t want to stay friends. He fell in love with an angel. He fell in love so hard that he put the angel before himself, he couldn’t sleep without knowing that the angel was alright.”

 

Yixing started playing with his fingers, “One day, the angel left the unicorn without saying anything. No ‘I’m leaving, I’ll miss you.’ Or ‘I might comeback.’ Not a single bye. The unicorn was told by his friend who is a monkey that the angel was in Japan, taking care of business. The unicorn was upset, he had been up all night thinking about the angel, and how he wants him to come back. The unicorn and the monkey meet a puppy, the puppy is very nice and kind. So the unicorn went to a muffin place, and bumped into what he thought was the angel, it turns out it was the angel. The unicorn tells the monkey and he goes bananas.” Joonmyeon chuckled at the last sentence

 

“The puppy had to go to the bathroom and he saw Joonmyeon, so he dragged him out of the bathroom and to the unicorn and the monkey’s table. The monkey goes insane and starts hugging the angel, but the unicorn just sits there, awkwardly staring. At this point the unicorn decided to confess, so the next day the unicorn goes to the angels house-“

 

“I like you too.”

 

Yixing blinked, “W-What?”

 

“I like you too, Yixing.”

 

“Where’d you get that f-from my story?” Yixing asked, “You said my name in one of your sentences.” Joonmyeon chuckled. Yixing blushed, realizing that he did, “Well, I’ll see you, Joonmyeon.”

 

Yixing got up from the couch, “Stay with me.”

 

“Huh?” Yixing asked, “I said, stay with me.” Joonmyeon repeated. “Why?” Yixing wondered.  “Well, a certain angel thinks a certain unicorn is beautiful, smart, and sweet. The angel doesn’t want to leave the unicorn alone ever again.”

 

Yixing blushed, “Joonmyeon...”

 

“Yixing, I’ve been wanting to tell you something for quite some time.”

 

“W-What do you want to tell me?”

 

“Be mine.” Joonmyeon said, “B-Be yours?”

 

“Yeah,” Joonmyeon grinned, “by being mine, nobody else can have you. Your heart will belong to me, and my heart will belong to you.” Joonmyeon said. “I don’t understand...” Yixing mumbled, “In private, we’ll be that awful cheesy couple that nobody can stand. In public, we’ll be even cheesier so people can be jealous of what we have. So, will you be mine?”

 

“I don’t know what to say.” Yixing blushed, “I’m fine with a simple ‘Yes.’ You know?” Joonmyeon chuckled. “Y-Yes, I’ll be yours.”

 

Yixing couldn’t believe it at all, all this time he was waiting for this moment, and he screwed it up by acting stupid. “I’m sorry.” Yixing apologized, “What for?” Joonmyeon asked. “I must have sounded completely stupid.”

 

“No.” Joonmyeon said, Yixing turned to face him, Joonmyeon was now six inches away from his face. “I really think so.”

 

“Well I don’t, and you know what?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

Joonmyeon was so close to Yixing that he could feel his breath on his neck, “I love it.” He whispered.  Yixing gasped, “What’s wrong?” Joonmyeon asked, innocently. “My neck is s-sensitive.” Yixing answered,  “Oh, I didn’t know that.”

 

Joonmyeon pushed Yixing  onto the couch. “What a-are you doing?” Yixing nervously asked.  Joonmyeon didn’t answer, he crawled on top on Yixing, “Joonmyeon.”

 

“Don’t be so loud.”

 

Yixing’s eyes widened, Joonmyeon put his hands up Yixing’s shirt. “I-I.”

 

Yixing couldn’t speak over the fact that Joonmyeon was letting his hands wander underneath his shirt. “I don’t think I’m ready f-for this.”

 

Joonmyeon chuckled, he got off Yixing, “I’m just playing with you.”

 

Yixing pouted, smacking Joonmyeon’s shoulder, “What’s wrong? Do you want me to continue?” Joonmyeon asked. Yixing blushed hard, “S-Stop.”

 

“Okay, I’ll stop if you ask. But just remember, one night when you actually want it, I’m not stopping.” He winked. Yixing covered his face, “What are you doing?” Joonmyeon asked. “I always blush, and when you see me blush you make the situation even more awkward for me.”

 

“That’s adorable.” Joonmyeon responded, Yixing put his head down, “Stop, please. My face is burning.”

 

At that moment, Yixing’s phone rung, he looked at his phone. It was Chanyeol. “I got a call from Chanyeol, I should go.”

 

“Stay, Chanyeol get’s to see you every night. He’ll be fine just this one time, right?” Joonmyeon reasoned. Yixing nodded, “I guess you’re right, I do see him all the time.”  And with that, Yixing pressed the decline button.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

“I’m ing lost!” Chanyeol threw his hands up in the air, “Plus, Yixing won’t answer his phone!”

 

Chanyeol took a walk and he is now walking in some neighbor hood. “It’s almost getting dark!” Chanyeol groaned, “Time is not my friend.”

 

“Help!”

 

Chanyeol looked around, nobody was there. He shrugged, “Help me!” There it was again. “Who’s there?”

 

“Help me, please!”

 

Chanyeol’s face grew angry, “Are you messing with me? Because if you are, there’ll  be huge consequences! “He shouted. Chanyeol got pushed to the ground, “Help!”

 

Chanyeol looked at the boy, “Why the hell are you screaming?” He asked. “He’s chasing me!” The boy answered, “Who?”

 

“Kim Jongin!”

 

Chanyeol blinked, he had heard that name a couple of times around school, Chanyeol is pretty sure he’s in one of the younger grades. A boy came running, he stopped when he saw the smaller boy, “Is this your boyfriend, nerd?” He snickered.

 

“Shut up, Jongin!” The boy retorted, Jongin growled, “Don’t call me that!” He shouted. Chanyeol got off of the ground, dusting his pants off, “Look, I’m just going to go, I obviously have nothing to do with this.” Chanyeol said. “Aren’t you that freak fourth year who burns himself? It is you isn’t it? My whole class talks about you, I never thought I'd be face to face with the notorious freak.”

 

Chanyeol growled, he walked over to Jongin, grabbing him by the shirt. “Look kid, I’m having a crap day. My friend won’t ing pick up his phone, I’m lost in this ing neighbor hood, and I’m in the middle of you and the smaller one’s dumb . I’m really losing it, I want to deck you right in the face. And what is up with the smaller one saying he’s being chased? If I ever see you doing some dumb like this ever again, I might just punch the life out of you. Now, beat it, kid.”

 

Chanyeol pushed Jongin away from him, Jongin just scowled, and walked in the opposite direction. He just sighed, “That was amazing!”

 

Chanyeol turned around, he had forgotten about the small boy actually being there. “Oh, hey.” Chanyeol said, “You’re so cool!”

 

“Really?” Chanyeol asked, “Yeah, you were all like ‘I want to deck you right in the face’.  That was  some of the coolest melt down’s I have ever seen!”

 

“Don’t tell anyone about that.”

 

“Don’t worry, Chanyeol, I won’t.” He promised, “How do you know my name kid?” He asked. “Well, Jongin said that, and you reacted to it so.” He explained, “What’s your name, kid?”

 

“Byun Baekhyun.”

 

“Wait... I’ve heard that name somewhere...” Chanyeol paused, “Hey, You’re that kid from the park, Mr.I’m-interested-In-everyone’s-problems!” Chanyeol realized. “Oh, yeah. I should have mentioned our park encounter.”

 

“So, that Jongin kid, what’s his deal?”

 

“He just dislikes me because I’m the new kid, Isn’t that always how it’s been? The new kid gets picked on?”

 

“Well, not really. You know, you shouldn’t hang out with someone that picks on you.” Chanyeol said, “I’m not, he bullies me.” Baekhyun answered. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun, he was staring at the moon, “Oh, well, at least you have friends you can trust.”

 

“I don’t, I only have my cousin.” Baekhyun responded, “Really?” Chanyeol asked. “Yeah, people just don’t like me, I guess.”  Baekhyun sighed, “If I was at your school, I’d be your friend. You don’t seem like a bad kid.” Chanyeol said.

 

Baekhyun smiled, “Thanks, that’s one of the nicest things anybody has ever said to me.”

 

Chanyeol raised a brow, “Really? That wasn’t even that nice.”

 

Baekhyun nodded, “I know, but it was. You know, other than my aunt and my cousin, you’re one of the first people to not be rude to me.” He told. “How could people be rude to you? You’re as cute as a button.”

 

Baekhyun blushed, “I’m just a nerd, I guess.”

 

“Nah, people are just jealous of you. That’s what I’d always tell to my friend.”

 

“Your friend must be very confident now, thanks to your words of encouragement.” Baekhyun thought. “Kind of, he said he was going to confess to his crush since grade school today.” Chanyeol told. “Wait, earlier didn’t you say your friend wasn’t answering the phone?” Baekhyun asked, “Yeah, why?”

 

“Maybe he and his crush are a thing by now? I know I wouldn’t answer the phone if I was waiting for that moment for a long time.”

 

Chanyeol gasped, “Oh~ Well, I’m going to have to have a chat with his crush when he see’s me.”

 

“Why?”

 

“If he hurts him even more, I might go insane.”

 

“He hurt him before?” Baekhyun’s eyes widened, “Not physically- It’s a long story.”

 

“Well, It’s getting late, I must go, Bye!”

 

“Bye, kid!” Chanyeol waved as Baekhyun walked off. Chanyeol chuckled, “Hopefully Yixing and Joonmyeon are a thing. That’s the only thing Joonmyeon was talking about when he spoke to me this morning.”

 

Chanyeol started walking home, he then paused, “! I forgot that I was lost!”