Chapter 2

JUST MY LUCK (그냥 내 행운)

Chapter 2:

 

 

 

 

 

 

"This is the fifteenth time."

 

Krystal tensed when she saw a humongous vein appear on the Principal's forehead. Although,  that wasn't the only thing she noticed,

 

"Jessica, you're blue-"

 

"DON'T CHANGE THE SUBJECT!" the woman scolded her, mostly out of embarrassment. She cleared and attempted to calm herself down when she saw Krystal flinch fearfully in her seat.

 

"What's your excuse this time, huh?"

 

The as blonde girl cleared nervously. "Well, you see, I place the blame entirely on Myungsoo."

 

"Your ex-boyfriend?"

 

Krystal inwardly cringed at the word 'ex'. However, mentally shook that off.

 

"Yup."

 

"And why is that?"

 

"Because ever since I started and stopped dating him, I've been lost and confused and my brain's totally gone missing. And that's all because he made me do drugs." Krystal retorted in a very dramatic tone.

 

"Is that true?"

 

"Everything but the drug part." she responded casually. Jessica's eyebrow twitched, and Krystal quickly intervened. "But he might as well be guilty of making me do drugs...drugs of false love."  she silently pretended to cry.

 

Jessica looked at her with boredom. "Are you done bullting me yet?"

 

"Yeeeees." Krystal inwardly pouted.

 

"So why are you really late?"

 

"I would have been early if someone hadn't robbed me of my cherry, red convertible-"

 

"Oh don't go blaming me for this. You deserved it, and you know it." Jessica scolded her.

 

Krystal sighed and leaned back in her seat. Sometimes it when your principal also happens to be your guardian and not to mention… your older freaking sister.

 

When their parents died five years ago, Krystal has been entrusted in Jessica's care, and ever since then it’s been nothing but hell for the poor girl. That woman would make a very successful watchdog.

 

Always on her case...

 

"Your grades are a mess, Krystal. Especially in Buck's class. You're failing, and it's already the third quarter of the year! How are you ever going to get accepted into college?" Jessica's eyes narrowed.

 

"You don't understand! That man is the devil; he's out to get me!"

 

"Oh really? I can't imagine why." Krystal opened to make a retort, until Jessica piped in. "Oh wait! Maybe it's because you constantly talk back to your teachers and expect them to raise your grades just because you have connections with the principal. Or maybe it's because you come to class late and never bother to do your homework?"

 

Krystal replied with a silent 'hmph' and crossed her arms.

 

"If you don't bring up your grades, I'm going to have to sell that car-"

 

 

"WHAT!"

 

Jessica casted her a cynical look. "You heard me."

 

They engaged in an angry staring contest, but after five seconds, Krystal gave in and walked out of the office fuming without a word.

 

Jessica sighed and gently rubbed her temples.

 

What has gotten into that girl?

 

 

 

 

"Wow, Krystal, I'm surprised." said her weird, teacher. "You actually decided to come to class today."

 

"Uh yeah." she fidgeted nervously into her seat knowing all eyes were on her. "Sorry I'm late, Prof."

 

The man walked up to her desk looking mildly surprised. "Did you just apologize? I'm even more surprised."

 

All the students in class laughed. Krystal was not one to apologize for her actions.

 

"Are you going to stand here all day or are you gonna teach me something?" Krystal said in an uninterested tone, giving Buck the 'I will seriously get up and leave any minute' look.

 

The latter chuckled and said, "Now there's the ice princess we all know."

 

The class laughed again.

 

Krystal pretended to pout, but then after a while fell short and silently giggled.

 

"However, I'm sorry to disappoint you, Krystal." she looked up at her teacher with confusion in her brown eyes. "I won't be teaching anything new today."

 

"Oooooo. Free period?" Krystal's eyes lit up, i mean who wouldn't?

 

"Nope. Chapter sixteen exam."

 

Krystal's eyes dulled.

 

"And you would have known that if you were in class last week." he gave her a stern look.

 

The ice princess gave him a pouty look. "Can't I make it up another day?"

 

"Do you have an excuse note?"

 

"No."

 

"Well then I guess you're taking the exam today."

 

"Grrrrr. Meanie."

 

"Flattery gets you nowhere." Buck winked and handed her the exam that seemed to go on forever.

 

Krystal made no attempt to conceal her look of misery.

 

After looking over the contents of the exam, she realized she had no idea what the answers  were. Thank god it was a multiple Kimce exam. She sank deeper into her chair and turned her head slightly to the right knowing full well she would come to look at

 

Kim Myungsoo.

 

He sat there as confident as ever. All he had to do was hear the lecture, and there was his instant B or C. He didn't need to go through the constant tortures of studying and procrastinating. His brain was beyond human belief.

 

At least that's what everyone in school thought, including Krystal herself. So when the boy used to take her out on late school nights, he had no problem getting up the next day, completely ready for a test.

 

The latter only wished she had that luxury. 

 

She actually needed those late nights to study, or else she'd fail!

 

Myungsoo just couldn't understand that, and she was enough of a pushover to do whatever he wanted.

 

Ugh how she wanted to barf...

 

Myungsoo caught Krystal's staring at him, and she quickly turned away with a furious look on her face.

 

She heard him scoff and make that little noise of his.

 

.

 

"Krystaaaaaaaaal" Buck startled Krystal with that dull voice of his. She nearly fell out of her seat. 

 

"Are you cheating?"

 

"O-Of course not!" she flushed and pretended to concentrate on her paper.

 

 

BOOOOORING.

iknowryt?

haha