Chapter 3

JUST MY LUCK (그냥 내 행운)

 

 

Chapter 3:

 

 

 

"Krystal!"

 

The ash blonde girl closed her locker and turned to see three girls walking toward her.

 

"Hey, you guys." she smiled.

 

Noticing the frowns on their faces, Krystal's smile suddenly vanished. They finally caught up with her and leaned sadly against the lockers.

 

"We heard." said the tall brunette, in a sympathetic voice. "Are you okay?" Krystal raised an eyebrow in confusion.

 

"Huh?"

 

"You don't need to hold it in. Just cry." said the giant-baby as she dramatically held Krystal close to her and patted her back.

 

"Did someone die?" Krystal's voice was unheard.

 

The shortest of the three, placed a dainty hand on ice princess’ shoulder.” Krystal, please don't be afraid to hide your feelings." her voice was soft and comforting.

 

"Are you guys retarded or something? I'm fine." Krystal rolled her eyes at them. Her stomach growled furiously; she forgot to eat breakfast this morning. It completely slipped her mind. 

 

"Sulli, Luna-unnie, Suzy..." she sighed sadly when she realized something.

 

All three girls eagerly looked at her, ready to comfort her in any way.

 

"Which one of you wants to treat me to lunch? I totally forgot my wallet at home."

 

Their eyes twitched.

 

"KRYSTAL YOU JUST GOT DUMPED BY ONE OF THE HOTTEST GUYS IN THE CAMPUS AND YOU ACT LIKE ITS NOTHING!" Sulli wildly thrashed her arms in the air, wanting to knock some sense into her best friend.

 

"Ohhhhh. This is about Myungsoo."

 

"NO DUH SHERLOCK HOMEY!"

 

"Sherlock Holmes." Krystal corrected.

 

"WHATEVER THE HELL!" Sulli's eyes burned with passion. "STOP TRYIN' TO ACT COOL AND CRY ALREADY!" she demanded.

 

Krystal looked boringly into Sulli's eyes. "First of all, why are you yelling?"

 

"She forgot to take her medication." Luna whispered secretly in her ear.

 

That explains it.

 

"Second, I don't have to act cool. I'm naturally that way."

Sulli looked like she smelled something funky.

 

"And lastly, I'm not going to cry over a big, stupid jerk like Myungsoo. I'm better than that. WAY BETTER." Krystal made it perfectly clear.

 

Besides, she pretty much cried her heart out the day he broke up with her, leaving her all cried out.

 

"Oh. And lastly, take your medication already. Geez." Krystal muttered under her breath.

 

The giant baby temporarily stopped in her rampage. "Well I was about to, until I heard the rumor: KRYSTAL GOT DUMPED BY MYUNGSOO OVER THE WEEKEND! SO I THOUGHT I'D GO TO HER AND COMFORT HER BUT SHE'S OBVIOUSLY DEAD INSIDE BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T SEEM TO CARE AT ALL!" she huffed.

 

"Gosh. What's the big deal?" Krystal frowned. "I've seen better."

 

Sulli, Luna nd Suzy seemed to doubt that. "Oh yeah? Name one." demanded Sulli.

 

Krystal reopened her locker and presented them with a large picture taped inside.

 

"Meet Paeta." she introduced in a dreamy state.

 

Suzy's eyes dulled. "You mean the fictional character in the Hunger Games Series?" She hated how girls worshiped at his feet. He's not THAT good looking.

 

Her statement seemed to have greatly offended the blonde beauty. "What's wrong with falling in love with a fictional character?"

 

"Well, first of all, it'll never happen because he's FAKE. And second, he's already taken." Sulli snorted at her friend's ignorance.

 

"I'm way hotter than that Katniss-B--." Krystal muttered bitterly.

 

"I MEANT ME! BUT DON'T CHANGE THE SUBJECT, WHY AREN'T YOU SAD OVER YOUR BREAK-UP? THE ONLY WAY TO FEEL BETTER IS TO CRY IT ALL OUT!" said Sulli thoughtfully, in an ear-deafening sort of way.

 

The latter raised an eyebrow. "Is that what your shrink told you?"

 

The girl cleared . "Yes."

 

"I agree with Sulli-ah." added Luna. "I think it's healthy for a girl to cry out her feelings."

 

"See!" Sulli exclaimed.

 

"We'll be here for you whenever you need us, Krystal-sshi." Luna smiled in support.

 

That's exactly what Krystal loved about her friends. They would come to her aid whenever she needed them. It was such a relief knowing she had this kind of support. "Aww, thanks you guys." she group hugged them. "This is why nothing can come between us." she smiled gratefully.

 

In the middle of their group hug, another voice happened to call out to Krystal.

 

"Hey!" he gave her a boyish grin.

 

Krystal pulled out of her hug and returned the smile. "What's up, Taemin?"

 

Teamin was close to the four girls, but not too close. He was always the one the four would turn to when they needed something and they’ve got no money for it, or when they what to buy or get something but they are feeling lazy to do it—in short he was their errand boy.

 

The boy blushed in her presence. "That Ice Queen wants to see you in her office...again."

 

The four girls rolled their eyes. "Jessica." they muttered.

 

It wasn't that odd when Krystal found a little bit of fear in Taemin's eyes. "She seems kinda  mad. I think you're in trouble."

 

Krystal laid her hands on her waist and sighed. For a moment she stood there and wondered if she should skip the rest of the day and avoid the wrath of her guardian...but then she knew she'd receive a VERY loud lecture if she ever went through with it. Closing her locker (not before kissing the picture of Paeta inside), she walked towards the direction of death.

 

"Thanks for the warning, Taemin."

 

"Be careful, Krystal!" he called out. "She looks dangerous in there." he shivered a little.

 

As soon as Krystal stepped into the office, darkness surrounded Jessica. Krystal felt the chill and nervously sat herself across her guardian, for the second time today.

 

"What's the problem, Unnie?" she threw her an innocent look, not entirely sure why she was in trouble.

 

The principal clenched her fists in rage. "You've got a lot of explaining to do."

"Jessica, you're still blue-"

 

"STOP CHANGING THE SUBJECT!"

 

All of a sudden, someone entered through the door at that exact second Jessica was about to give Krystal a piece of her mind.

 

"Oh, hey Nickhun-ajhussi!" Krystal looked up at him gratefully. "Thanks for saving me. She definitely won't hurt me as much if you're in here." she smiled in relief.

 

Nickhun rubbed the back of his neck. "Looks like I got here just in time then." he returned the smile. "Jessica-sshi, there's really nothing to worry about-" at that moment Nickhun found something very odd about his superior. "You're all blue-"

 

"Krystal, I'll just get straight to the point." Jessica quickly interrupted him and opened her desk drawer, pulling out a piece of paper.

 

The girl looked closely at the paper and frowned.

 

"This is the exam you took in Nickhun's class not too long ago."

 

"Oh." Krystal nodded her head understanding the situation very clearly. "So this is what it's about? Well, you see, I didn't study. But I have a good reason for that: It's because Nickhun forgot to tell me the exam was today! Can you believe him?" Krystal laughed sheepishly when 

 

Nickhun raised an amused eyebrow at her. "I'll definitely do better next time, Unnie." she gulped, hoping to get away with it.

 

All she got out of her guardian slash sister was a highly confused look.

"Do you mean to tell me that...you didn't cheat?"

 

Now it was Krystal's turn to look confused. "Do you mean to tell me that...I actually did good on the exam?"

 

That heavy burden on Jessica was suddenly lifted. What a relief! She didn't want her sister ending up a hoodlum

 

...like that Amber brat.

 

"Sheesh, unnie! You actually thought I cheated?" Krystal tsked her. "What little faith you have in me." she shook her head in shame.

 

"All right. Get outta here, you little punk." Jessica shooed her away.

 

Krystal smiled and quickly walked out before Jessica would find another reason to yell at her.

 

"You know, she's actually a really smart girl." Nickhun assured.

 

Jessica sighed. "Or maybe it's luck."

 

 

yellow~!