kai

Brevity

What started out as a light mist has now turned into heavy drops. She walks down the slippery pavement without an umbrella, soaking wet from head to toe. Her strides become faster, and she can hear her feet squeak inside her shoes. She finally finds shelter at a bus stop and checks the schedule, only to find that the bus won't be coming until an hour later. Finally deciding that she doesn't have time for that, she walks out into the downpour, not minding the fact that she's already wet.

She's been walking for a good while, and sighs at the realization that she's only a few blocks away from home. When she finally reaches the wrought iron gate, she finds a shivering male hiding his lean body under a too small of a black umbrella . She stops at the first step on the min staircase leading to her front door. She slightly kneels down to take a peek at the stranger. She catches a glance at his plump lips and she knows.

Her heart wrenches and runs dry, but she manages to let out a whisper, "Kai?"

The males tips the umbrella away from his face and looks at her with the all to familiar smirk and twinkling eyes. "I'm back," he sighs.

It's been three, almost four, long years since she's seen his face in person.

"It's been a while, hasn't it," he questions, trying to break the short silence.

With that, she nods. He gets up on his feet and makes his way two steps above her.

"I'm finally back. And this- this time, I'm not going to leave you. This time, I'm going to be here everyday. This time-" he pauses and cups her cold face with his warm hands. He leans in and places a soft gentle kiss on the top of her forehead and looks into her eyes with warmth, "This time, I'm going to spend every waking moment loving you more than I should have."

 


 

This one is actually a super old one that I wrote to a friend in an anon ask lol. So if you happen to have seen or read it before, it was me who wrote it. She can verify if you don't believe me.