chanhun

Brevity

Sehun and Chanyeol hit it off from the very start. Like any typical friendship, they became as close as they could personally get. Any observing eye outside of their circle would believe that they were either brothers or a couple. Chanyeol thought of Sehun as a brother. Sehun, on the other hand, thought Chanyeol was a little gay. Even with that thought in mind, Sehun still agreed to share an apartment with Chanyeol.

Chanyeol didn’t really understand what personal space meant. Any chance that Chanyeol had, he’d use it to be touching Sehun in some kind of way. Whether it’d be pinching his bloated cheeks in the morning, ruffling his hair, putting him in a headlock when he’d lose at Mario Kart, or just standing side by side.

Horror movie Friday took skinship to new levels. Chanyeol liked having the bowl of popcorn between Sehun’s legs because the hand movement from bowl to mouth was the perfect angle. Chanyeol was a cuddler. He hated when things popped out of nowhere. Pillows didn’t suffice his need for safety, so he found security in Sehun’s body. Sehun often joked that if someone were to break into their apartment, Chanyeol would use him as a shield. 

If there was nothing to snack on during the movie, Chanyeol wouldn’t last no more than ten minutes until he’d fall asleep. Sehun’s shoulder and chest were the most comfortable out of all the bony spots, so Chanyeol had the tendency to lay Sehun down and sleep on top of him. Somewhere after the fifth time, Sehun felt like it was almost essential to movie night.

Somewhere after the eleventh time, Sehun would stop watching the movie and just pay attention to Chanyeol. He liked the feeling of Chanyeol’s chest rise and fall at an even constant. He liked how Chanyeol would adjust his head into a more comfortable position at the crook of his neck. He liked how Chanyeol’s breaths sent chill tickles through the thin fibers of his shirt. He liked Chanyeol’s faint snore. He liked how Chanyeol’s eyelashes fluttered. He liked Chanyeol.

Sehun liked Chanyeol, and there was nothing he could do about it.