yixing

Brevity

It's five in the morning and though the sun has hardly made an attempt to rise, the weather feels sweltering hot and humid. The small girl decides it's not even worth going back to sleep because one, she's already awake; two, it's ing hot; lastly, there's a body sleeping next to her that she doesn't recall having been there when she fell asleep on her bed. 

When she realizes that it's just Yixing, a smile manages to creep it's way onto her face. He's been so busy traveling for his group's concert and schedules. There's a slight haggard look on his face as he sleeps and she feels bad yet relieved that he's home able to rest. She knows that he'd probably deny that he's tired or that his body is aching, but to him he could care less just as long as he knows and sees his girl safe and sound.

She takes the initiative to move closer to him and hugging him at his waist. They've gotten so attune to each others' movements because when she moves in, he immediately adjusts his body by putting his arm under her head and wrapping the other around her waist. 

It's now five-thirty and the sun is now groggily making an entrance. It doesn't take her long enough to realize that she's no longer in bed but outside of her house laying on a futon - something she insisted on having outside of the house because having a house on the roof of a building seemed like a waste of space if it wasn't occupied by something decorative and useful (it might also have something to do with the fact that Coffee Prince was the only drama she finished and the guy's - whatever his name is - house was something that she really wanted).

Thirty  minutes have passed and the natural light source has grown brighter. The girl can't stop smiling because the face that was leaning on her head is glowing. Every second that passes, feels like unknown magic and she's afraid that if she even dares to blink it'll all disappear. He'll disappear. The idea just doesn't sit well in the nooks and crannies of her heart. Even though her nerves are going haywire from his heated contact, every bit of him seems all too surreal...or until he smiles to his ears with deep dimples and she hears his broken morning voice.

"I know it's really hot out, but I couldn't help but carry you out here. I wanted to watch the sun rise with you, but I guess I fell asleep watching you breathe," he whispers into her hair and places a long soft kiss on her forehead.

She groans into his chest, pulling him closer to her, not forgetting to inhale his faded cologne on his damp cotton v-neck. "You know I don't care. You're home and that's all that matters."