Chapter 4

The Clown and I

"I'm sorry, but I really have to go home early tonight," the clown asked Hyomin's permission with a heavy heart.

Hyomin calmly patted the clown's shoulder and said, "it's fine. I will make the kids sleep early tonight.."

The clown bowed apologetically and gave a last glance at the kids who were eating in the dining room. "I'll go now..."

"Kids, Uncle Clown has to leave early tonight. Let's bid him farewell before he leave, okay?" she told the kids.

Jongdae scowled as he whined, "I want to play with Uncle Clown some more!"

"Me too!" Yixing raised his hand to the air.

Kris smiled guiltily but he had to go or he would be late again for the dinner. "I'm sorry, cuties. We will just meet tomorrow okay and play together!"

After high-fived them, Kris walked to the door and looked at Hyomin and the kids.

"Bye~" he waved to them before making his way to the car.

As he was about to enter the car, Baekhyun's car arrived at the orphanage home. Baekhyun went out of the car and looked at the clown who was about to get into his car.

He caught a slight glimpse of the driver in the clown's car, probably the clown's friend, he assumed before the car drove away in a hurry from the orphanage home.

"Why did I think I used to see the driver's face?" he asked to himself.

He kept thinking and thinking before Hyomin's soft voice calling him startled him and brought him back to the reality.

"What are you doing there?" Hyomin asked from the door while the kids looking at him with their curious eyes.

While walking to the door, his mind was still replaying the hazy image of the driver. He was hardly sure he knew that person, maybe more than know.

"Hi, Noona~" he greeted her after brushing off his wonder while placing his hands on the pockets of his jacket.

"Hi!" she greeted him back and the kids also greeted him with open arms, "Hi, Uncle Baekhyun!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile in the car, Kris once again removed the clown make-up from his handsome face while Suho gazing upon him in despise, again.

"We almost got caught by Baek," Suho uttered a bit angry.

Kris stopped removing the make-up and looked at Suho, "Baek saw your face?"

"I don't know but I accidentally looked into his eyes when you were about to get into this car," he replied, full of guilty.

Kris continued removing it as he said, "He is the one who organised the dinner, what did he do in the orphanage at this time?"

"I don't care about it at all. I just don't want to have any problem with Baek. He is my bestfriend since middle school," Suho murmured softly while Kris adjusted his hair awkwardly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Camping?"

Hyomin nodded in a total blissful. Baekhyun bit his lower lip and looked out the window of the orphanage that night when the kids already sleeping.

"With the clown?"

Hyomin sighed softly with his childish question.

"And the kids," she reminded him the relieving fact he missed out.

"Still, the only adult are the both of you~" he said frustratedly.

Hyomin put her fingers on her lips, asking him to lower his voice as the kids were sleeping.

Baekhyun pouted and muttered under his breath, "I want to join this camping too.."

Hyomin creased her eyebrows and asked, "what?"

Baekhyun shrugged and looked at his watch. "I should be going now. Already late for the dinner with the models..."

Hyomin formed a small smile as Baekhyun got up and was about to leave the orphanage when he suddenly turned back.

"Do you want to join the dinner? You are also involved in my fashion show. You are the main, to be exact," he asked her.

Hyomin pondered for a second before nodding to her friend's offer.

Baekhyun cheered happily and took out his phone to call someone.

"Hyung, can I invite someone more to the dinner?" he asked to the person on the other line.

"One more? Who?" the person on the other line asked.

He giggled before saying, "Hyomin. The main model with Kris hyung that night. Of course I can, right? She is also in the fashion show~"

A dead silence was heard from the other line as soon as he mentioned Hyomin's name.

"Hyung?"

"Ah, yeah Baek. Of course you can. Why do you ask me, by the way?"

Baekhyun grinned before he uttered the words that the person on the other line would hate it.

"Because you will be the one to pay for the dinner~" Baek quickly hung up the call with an evil smile while Hyomin shook her head as she was ready for the dinner.

With just a brown blouse with a long skirt, she let her long hair down without tying it. She was extremely beautiful, Baek was mesmerized completely by her beauty which he only realized it since the fashion show.

"Let's go," Hyomin took Baek's arm and went to his car after locking the orphanage home's door and gate, making sure that the kids would be safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Hyomin and Baekhyun arrived a bit late than the supposed time to the private restaurant, Suho dashed towards them and smacked the Bacon's head.

"What take you so long to arrive here, Baek?" he asked as the younger groaned in pain.

"I'm sorry, hyung. My bad, but I don't think you used to meet Hyomin right?" he pointed his eyes to Hyomin.

Suho glanced at Hyomin with an unknowing smile and shook hands with her coldly, making Hyomin flustered a bit with his cold behaviour.

"Oh, you guys already eating?" he looked at them, in disbelief.

"How do you expect us to wait for you for ages? Of course we eat first, I don't want to die from starving and waiting for you.." Suho complained before returning back to their seats.

Hyomin and Baek took their seats together, side by side. Kris who was just sitting opposite to her, watched them in both jealousy and frustration.

Suho noticed the Canadian's eyes never left her, so he nudged his waist gently and whispered to him, "control your eyes, please.."

Kris pouted and continued eating the meals provided by the restaurant, and indeedly paid by Suho.

"Make sure all of you finished the meals, okay? No wastage, cause Suho hyung is the one paying all of these foods tonight!" Baek said with a smirk directed towards the said man.

Suho returned his smirk with a deadly glare. Hyomin elbowed her friend and scolded him quietly. "Its no good doing that to him.."

Baekhyun frowned. "He is rich, of course he has to pay.." he replied her with a scowl.

Hyomin shook her head again and looked to the front when she noticed Kris's gaze towards her, as if he wanted to eat her up.

Somehow, the gaze did not scared her even for just a bit but it sent strange feeling to her heart. In some ways, she thought she used to see that sharp looking brown-hazeled eyes, maybe almost everyday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Will you drive to the campsite?" Hyomin asked the cloen before departing from the orphanage home.

The clown shook his head and said, "I cannot drive, yet. I'm sorry~"

Hyomin laughed hearing his answer and patted her head. "It's okay. I'll drive, then..."

Kris grabbed her arms and asked, "wait! You can drive a van?"

She smiled and nodded to his question before getting into the van with the kids.

Kris knocked his own head, feeling embarassed to himself. How could he let a girl drive a van rather than him? But he did not know how to drive at all. For all this time, Suho drove him to wherever he goes.

"She is a very amazing girl..." he said to himself.

As she was driving, Hyomin asked the clown, "I realized that I never asked about your name. What is your name, Mr. Clown?"

He smiled and replied her, "Wu Yifan. You can just call me Yifan..."

"Are you a Chinese?" she asked, full of interest.

He nodded and flashed a sweet smile but the smile was hidden behind the clown make-up.

"No wonder you are so close with Luhan, Yixing and Zitao~"

After arriving at the campsite, the kids went running here in there in ecstacy. Kris and Hyomin pitched-up the tents together while the kids looked at them in awe.

"Can I try doing it?" One of the kids, Chanyeol asked.

Kris nodded and taught him how to pitch a tent. Slowly, the boy could already pitch the tent up by himself.

"Good boy~" he patted the boy's head.

"I want to do it too!" a boy with a widely round eyes raised his arms and tugged on Kris's costume.

Hyomin smiled contentedly seeing the kids were improving from the old days with the clown's presence.

Before the darkness came, Kris asked if any of the kids wanted to follow him to find firewoods.

Zitao, Yixing and Luhan, another Chinese boy followed him.

Before he go, Hyomin leaned in closer to him and said, "take car of the kids well. Be careful, okay?"

"Don't worry. I will," he said confidently.

After they disappeared from her field of vision, she went to the rest of the kids and played with them in the tent.

Suddenly, a sound of someone stepping on the branch of tree and weird sound like someone fell startled them. She started to feel scared but she remained cool to not make the kids horrified too.

She zipped down the tent and looked out. With a sigh, she shook her head.

"Byun Baekhyun..."