Chapter 3

The Clown and I

Kring!!!!

Hyomin fumbly reached for her phone and picked up the call scarcely.

"Hello~" she greeted the caller with her hoarse voice.

"Noonaaa! Are you still sleeping?! Kids are scattering outside the orphanage home now!"

She jolted up hearing Baekhyun's high-pitched yell.

"What time is it now?" she asked in a hurry as she dashed to the toilet.

"Now, already 12.30 p.m. Hurry, Noona~"

She hung up the call before taking a quick shower and wore a polka-dotted blouse she just grabbed without thinking of anything from the cupboard.

After getting ready, she went out of her bedroom and rushed to the orphanage home just beside her small house. She did not sleep together with the orphans because she went home late last night.

The fashion show ended late at night, so she did not want to disturb the sleeping kids. Therefore, she just went into her small house and slept there.

However, she furrowed her eyebrows as she noticed that there was no one outside there. So, she entered the orphanage home with a wonder. Was Baekhyun kidding her?

As soon as she pulled the doorknob, she unexpectedly heard some noises coming from inside.

Finally, she saw many kids in the orphanage surrounding a - CLOWN?

She widened her eyes to make sure if she was seeing things or there was really a clown in there?

The clown raised his head and formed a smile at her. She unknowingly returned the smile and gathered up her courage to walk towards them.

The kids were all seemed happy to meet the clown who could entertain them amazingly with his magic and weird drawings which producing laughters everywhere from the kids.

"Teacher!" the kids greeted her cheerfully.

With a relieving smile, Hyomin hugged all the kids lovingly.

'Thank you, Baekhyun..'

************************************

Baekhyun rested himself in the car he parked just in front of the orphanage. He formed a grin as he saw Hyomin entering the kindergarten.

"I hope you happy with the gift, Noona.." he smiled.

The clown in the orphanage was a clown he hired abruptly to help her in the kindergarten. Even he did not get to see the clown's face, he was contented that finally his Noona got a partner to take care of the kids.

Deep in his heart, he wanted to be the one helping her managing the small orphanage home but he was too busy with his own profession as a fashion designer.

Suddenly, image of Kris and Hyomin kissing last night during the runway popped out in his mind.

"Aish, why did I become cold towards her last night? She must be worried sick about it," he sighed.

He did not know why but he felt a sting in his heart when he saw Hyomin was kissing another boy, let alone he was his bestfriend.

They looked like they were kissing for real, like seriously!

He punched the steering as he felt some kinds of weird feeling in his heart. What was that feeling? Why did it feel so hurt inside?

Was this the feeling of getting jealous?

He shook his head frantically. No, he was not jealous. Why should he jealous? Of course, he should be! Hyomin was his Noona!

Anyone who wanted to kiss his Noona needs to get his permission first!

He started the engine as he tried to brush off the jealousy lingering around his mind.

**************************************

As it was time for the kids to take the lunch, Hyomin asked the kids to stop playing with the clown and come to the dining room.

While the kids eating, Hyomin gave a bowl of rice cakes to the clown. He lifted his hands to say, "oh, it's okay. I'm not hungry.."

Hyomin pouted as her offer was rejected by the clown. She once again offered him, "Just try this. This rice cakes is luscious, you know~"

"I know but, I'm really full now. Sorry," he politely said.

"Okay then," she pulled her face as she took a bite of the rice cakes.

The clown never left his eyes off her as he enjoyed absorbing her perfect pretty face. He was totally mesmerized by her beauty.

"Are you listening, Mr. Clown?" she swayed her hands in front of his face.

He was brought to the reality by her question. He smiled coyly as he asked her back, "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

Hyomin shook her head before she told him, "will you join us in a camping this weekend?"

"What? A camping?"

"Yes. We are going to a campsite this weekend," she muttered excitedly.

"Camping? With the kids?" he asked.

"Yes, at a very safe location. Don't worry, our safety is guaranteed. The kids are keen to go camping actually," she explained.

The clown gulped down his saliva hard. Yeah, that week he had no schedules but he was afraid if something comes up.

"Sure!" he replied her even he was a bit unsure.

***************************************

"Mr. Clown, draw a unicorn please!" one of the kids named Yixing asked as he tugged on the clown's costume.

He giggled a bit before launching his 'talented' fingers and drew a unicorn on the whiteboard just like Yixing asked.

Hyomin looked at him while teaching the other kids about animals, anticipating his unicorn drawing.

"What is this? It doesn't look like a unicorn at all!" Yixing whined and tapped his feet frustratedly, almost sulking.

Hyomin pulled Yixing into her arms, calming him while mouthing to the clown, "can't you draw it more horrible?"

He scratched his neck as he squatted down to pat Yixing's shoulder, "I'm sorry, Yixing. I promise to practice drawing a unicorn precisely and perfectly after this. Here, take this chips.." he handed the boy a potato chips. ( LAY :p )

Yixing turned calmer as soon as he took the chipd and formed a cute smile. Hyomin also flashed a small smile at him and continued teaching them.

"What is this animal?" The clown asked after he drew another animal.

"A bunny!" one of the boys, Jongdae answered giddily.

"Good boy! Here, a sweets!" he gave Jongdae a sweets and drew one more animal.

As night came by, the clown asked to go home first as the kids were all sleeping already.

"Thank you~" Hyomin said as she shook hands with him.

As their hands touched each other, she felt a familiar touch that she used to feel, but she did not know where and when?

Noticing her sudden change of expression, the clown quickly bid her farewell and entered a black luxurious car which just arrived there.

"Woah, who is that guy fetching him? That car seems to be expensive anyway.." she thought to herself before the car disappeared from her field of vision.

In the mantime, in the black Sedan car, a man in a white shirt and denim jeans, while driving glanced at the clown who was busy removing his clown make-up.

"Aigoo, you look funny with that clown make-up.." he said mockingly.

The clown ignored his friend's teasing and focused on removing the thick make-up. "I know what I'm doing, Suho.."

"Out of so many jobs out there, why do you want to be a clown?" Suho asked his friend while shaking his head.

"This is the only way for me to stay by her side always," the said man smiled sweetly as he thought about the girl he adores so much.

"You sound like a ert," Suho shook his head again while his friend giggled to himself.

"Whatever it is, I just hope you will not abandon your real profession, Kris..."

Kris bit his lower lips as he nodded to his friend. "Don't worry, Suho. I'll not.."

"I'm just worried, Kris. No offense, okay?"

"I know, Suho. Just drive now as fast as possible. I'm late already, Suho!" he burst out.

Suho sighed. "Why are you getting angry at me? We are late because of you, for God's sake.." he pouted.

Kris knew his friend was hurt by his anger. He was just confused if his decision to act as a clown was right or not.

He was terribly late for a photoshoot he had that night. To make it worse, the clown make-up was not helping at all. It was adding for worst, instead.

"You have to remember, Kris. You are a model. A ing popular and successful model now. Don't let your stupid feeling for an ordinary girl like her ruins your fames you receive now..."