Chapter 19 Part 2: Anger blinds reason

You and APink
Please log in to read the full chapter

The light was blinding me. I tried opening my eyes, to which they shut down almost immediately. My cheeks were almost frozen. If not for the mask I had worn, my cheeks would probably have been frozen in place with the table. The sun glared down at me relentlessly. I guess I could do with a little warmth emanating from Mother Nature. I sat upright in my chair, with my eyes still closed. I had no idea how I spent the entire night out in the cold. I would give credit to my layers of clothing. I had long johns, followed by a thick shirt. Throw in a coat, coupled with a windbreaker and that was 4 layers that I had on. My face was hidden behind a mask, my ears well guarded by the fluffy earmuffs.

 

Being blinded, I was left with the option of forcing my eyes open to which I adopted the method. Slowly, I began seeing light. After having seen only pitch black for the past few hours, the rays from the sun seemed so welcoming, embracing me. I scanned the surroundings, to which I realized it must still have been really early. The shops were closed, streets empty. Cars filled the roadsides, parked orderly. I whipped out my phone, and there were close to a thousand messages. I scrolled through the notifications, and all seemed to have come from APink. Apologies and requests for my return seemed to be the main objective of these messages. I didn't pay much attention to the messages from APink, not even bothering to read them and simply placed my phone back where it belonged. I prefer my iPhone 6S kept warm. I shouldn't let my baby suffer out here in the cold.

 

I slumped back into the chair in a comfortable position as I recapped.

 

Chorong had her fingers interlocked with this guy. All I heard was that they had a kiss. I wasn't sure why I was mad at her. After all, I was the guy who didn't have the balls to confess to her. Why was I being so selfish? Then again, she didn't seem to be the main reason for my actions. Was it me being insecure on my part, afraid that the girls had already completely forgot my existence? Was it jealousy that swept my emotions off the charts, as I listened to their lively chatter with Suho? What was it exactly, that made me feel so... so... mad, frustrated to the extent of simply ditching the girls I once treasured with my life? Naeun's slap, was meant to be a waking call. And yet, I wasn't thinking straight. Her slap sent me a message. Judging by how Chorong acted when she saw me, it seemed as though she didn't want me to see her acquainted with Suho. As unfortunate as it was, I stared into Suho's eyes, as hurt emanated from his windows of expression. He stared in bewilderment at Chorong's actions. Why was it, that my return to the girls, wasn't as positive as I had expected?

 

I looked at APink's schedule for the day, the one Naeun sent me over text. It was rather surprising, to see that the girls were completely free for the day. Great. I had absolutely no plans for the day, but sitting out here homeless most definitely wasn't a choice. I simply had to stall out till tomorrow, when the girls had to perform at Music Core for their comeback. That would be when I return to their dorm, pack up my things and leave for home. I was most definitely sure the girls were back in the dormitory, awaiting my return for my belongings. Until, I saw a message from Eunji.

"Meet me at the cafe behind our dorm at 9 am. I have some serious issues to discuss with you."

I wasn't exactly sure what to do right now. My watch read 0645 am. Time to wash up. I went back into the convenience store that was open for the entire night. I grabbed two bottles of plain water for purchase, and washed up with it. I scrubbed my face clean, clearing my eye wax. I could see remnants of skin in the waste water from my washing up. My face had turned red, raw from the scrubbing as my skin continued to peel. With 2 hours on the clock, I could finally take a breather ever since I reached Korea. I strolled along the roadside pavements, appreciating the scenery as I walked on. Slowly, the city came to life. I watched people move in and out of buildings, as they prepared their stalls for business. It looked as if the city was putting on make up, ready to face the world. What I saw an hour ago, looked contrastingly to what it looked now. As I strolled around the district, the time passed really quickly. It was 0830 within what seemed like seconds. I slowly made my way to the cafe behind the dorm. I walked in, and felt the aroma permeate through the air. The heat embraced me, reminding me of the cold out there. I looked around, and saw a figure waving to me. I sat down, ordered a Mocha before we got to serious discussion.

 

 

"So, care to explain everything? Naeun and Chorong were busy crying yesterday night. What exactly did you do to them?" She spoke strongly in her Busan accent.

"If you can see, I have a handprint here. I was the one that was violated and abused physically, although I didn't quite mind." I showed her the right cheek.

"Why was Chorong crying then? As soon as she saw you, she moved away from Suho. Why?" She didn't let me rest even for a moment.

"I don't know. Shouldn't you be asking her that? She's the one who moved away after seeing me." I retaliated. Right now, I didn't feel like answering any questions. In a way, I felt betrayed by Chorong. She seemed to reciprocate my affection back in Singapore.

"They were far too busy weeping and using up the tissue in our dorm." Eunji growled.

"Was that my fault? As far as my memory serves me, I only moved here yesterday. Why am I being blamed for their tears right now?" I answered.

"Because we want to know why, and what is going on. Why, and how you made them cry. Why, to the extent that Naeun slapped you. And of course, why our leader is breaking down right now. She was our pillar of support, easily approachable for us to talk to her about our personal issues. Looking at her break down right now, is taxing on us. Both physically, and emotionally." Bomi crashed into the conversation with Namjoo.

 

Scanning my surroundings, I see several suspiciously slim figures. One which I recognized from her all-black outfit. Another one, which her back looked extremely familiar. Seemed like something I had been behind for nights. Seeing right through their plan, I looked up at Eunji and smirked.

 

"I know what you're doing. Good try, but no way I'm answering you girls here and now." I whispered, before I went to the counter, asked for m

Please log in to read the full chapter