Chapter 19 Part 1: It's time to face the truth

You and APink
Please log in to read the full chapter

Alright. My toiletries especially my toothbrush and paste shall be packed tomorrow after I wash up. It has been a really bad day for me. The flights available for this month had all been completely booked. With my unsettlement, I went with the earliest possible flight, which ended up being the only flight to Seoul available this entire month. Because of that, my friends had ended up booking the same exact flight. Except for a slight twist. I had told them that I would not be free and thus, count me out of the trip. I can't possibly fly there, then shock them with the fact that I plan to stay there. Neither does it make sense to fly there, back here after the trip and go back to Seoul again.

 

I had texted Naeun, telling her that I would be flying today. The other girls however, were fooled by my false information, thinking that I was flying in a week. Naeun had sent me their schedule for today. Along with the passcode to their dorm. I had planned a surprise. By the time I land, I have 5 full hours to reach their dorm, go grocery shopping and prepare a feast. I had more than sufficient time.

 

 Unfortunately, I had to wake up way earlier before the flight time since I can't afford to get caught checking in by my friends. I hate them for this very reason, that I'm watching the time turn 12 am. The flight was at 3 am. My clique decided meeting about an hour earlier. For that, I have just left my house, to get on the road.



Touring around the airport alone, I finally found a spot after checking my luggage in. This spot was isolated, rather empty. It provides a sense of peace, hidden away from the eyes of the public. At least this would help me stay away from the sights of my friends.
 


Coat on. Boots on. Gloves on. Long johns on. It registered a chilling -7 degrees in Korea at this instance. It was more than important to suit up appropriately. I had successfully evaded the my friends since 7 hours ago in Singapore, all till now. With my already proficient knowledge of the Korean language, I approached a security guard at the airport.

 

 

"Is there any way I can help you, sir?" He offered in English, with his native accent.

"May I know where I can get a taxi?" I replied slowly, hoping he understood. I didn't want to speak in Korean, in fear of indirectly embarrassing him.

"There are a lot of taxis that way." He directed me in a particular direction.

 "Thank you!" I smiled faintly, to which he responded.

 



I rushed over to the taxi station, and quickly called for the address Naeun sent me through text.



"아저씨, 00000 감사합니다 (Ahjussi, 00000 thank you.)" I requested.
 


With that out there, I ushered the cab driver to press on it. I had limited time. Due to unexpected delays on flight, I had ended up an hour behind schedule. When the cab finally slowed down, I scanned the surroundings and paid the cab driver before alighting. Moving with my luggage, I spotted my target building in the far distance.

 

After a cooling half hour walk in the extreme temperature, I finally reached the building. Entering the lift, I climbed several stories in an instance before finally reaching the desired floor. Naeun had told me that their dormitory would easily stand out amongst the other flats, and I could easily see how. Their dormitory was the only one void of Christmas decorations. No stockings were hanging at the gate, and it stood contrastingly to its neighbours. I entered the passcode Naeun had given, and the door creaked open. What greeted me was a spacious living room and a beautiful kitchen.

 

Running short on time, I left my luggage in Naeun's room, and took an extra piece of clothing from her closet. I am rather sure that she would most definitely not mind the loan. I quickly got out onto the streets with her black earphones, black trench coat, and mask. The wind went wild, greeting me straight in my face. My skin quickly got dried up and started to peel bit by bit.  The trees swayed, as if putting on a performance with the melodies of the wind. If not for the chilling cold, I would definitely not mind being audience. I got to the supermarket several minutes away and picked out with little hesitation. Once back at the dorm, the time I had left was unexpectedly short. With only an hour on the clock, I quickly got to work.

 

Boasting a 3 year experience of cooking for my meals back home alone, I made short work of the ingredients I had purchased. I had to multi task, preparing several dishes at the same time. Truthfully, the hardest part was the portion. Cooking for 7 meant a lot of meat, lots of veggies. Placing the meat and corn into the boiling water, I beat whipped 10 eggs together and got to preparing an egg roll. Whilst waiting for the egg to solidify, I seasoned the prawns with a pinch of salt and cut up the coriander. Back to rolling the egg, I added a little pepper and made an omelette with the remaining. Halfway through stir frying the prawns, the soup called for attention with its aroma. Tasting the soup without leaving my eyes off the frying wok, I added salt and paste to get the desired taste. In less than an hour, the dishes had been done. The dining table began to take shape with the dishes. From what I had learnt of Korean dining, I cut up the kimchi I had bought, and several other side dishes. Just then, I received a text from Naeun. They were reaching the building in another 5 minutes or so. I quickly wrote a note as a decoy to inform them about the meal being prepared by the Manager. Then, I c

Please log in to read the full chapter