TVXQ Gets Some Pointers From The Sasaeng Fans

Behind the Scenes

“So…when do I come into the story again?” Junsu inquired. He, Yoochun and Changmin were lounging backstage, a 10-minute break having been announced a few moments prior.

“Junsu, I don’t think you want to be in the story,” Yoochun told him.

“No, I really do,” Junsu insisted. “I mean, I’m getting that feeling that comes when you don’t get enough screen time.”

Changmin rolled his eyes. “You’ll come in soon enough.”

Junsu perked up.

“I’m telling you, you don’t want this,” Yoochun repeated, his voice grave. Junsu ignored him, and Yoochun decided that it was on Junsu’s head - he’d, after all, tried being the good hyung. It wasn’t his fault if he had the most insolent dongsaengs.

“No one’s looking,” Jaejoong murmured, nodding towards the closed door.

 Yunho looked uncertain. “Yes,” he said slowly, “but, Jaejoong - ”

“I’m telling you, no one’s looking!” Jaejoong pressed. “Hurry up! Before they start looking for us!”

Yunho shot a nervous glance at the door.

“Yunho!” Jaejoong hissed. “It’s not like I’m asking you to shove your tongue down my throat! Just kiss me!” He let out an annoyed huff. “It’s ben an hour and I feel - ”

The door opened. The two males jumped apart, with Yunho looking considerably more alarmed than Jaejoong.

“We’re just about to start,” one of the workers told them. Jaejoong nodded his head, and then stood, waiting for the door to be shut.

“See!” Jaejoong hissed, whirling around to face Yunho. “You should have taken the chance while you still had it!”

Yunho quickly leaned forward and pecked him on the lips.

Jaejoong blinked.

“What?” Yunho’s lips curved into a teasing grin. “He’s unlikely to come back again, right?”

“Guys?”

It was the interviewer; both Jaejoong and Yunho jumped apart, laughing nervously as they glanced at the now opened doorway.

“Right,” Changmin said, settling back into his chair. He shot a suspicious glance at Yunho and Jaejoong, both of whom looked slightly ruffled, before turning to the interviewer, “I’m starting this thing, because Yunho-hyung is likely to be biased.”

Yunho snorted. “And you aren’t?”

“So, he was really depressed, right?” Changmin continued, choosing to ignore Yunho’s remark. “He wouldn’t shut the hell up about how Jaejoong had a new Yunho - ”

Yunho glared.

“ - and then he decided he really needed ice-cream. Comfort food, you know Except there wasn’t any left in the dorm, so we ended up having to go to the supermarket. Let me tell you, when hyung wants something, he is as annoying as hell - ”

“Chocolate ice-cream - that’s what I’m going to get.” Yunho nodded, his eyes fixed on the road. “And then I’m going to smother it in chocolate sauce, and - ”

Changmin sighed loudly, trying to block out the sound. When had Yunho’s company become so damn painful?

“ - no!”

He jumped in his seat, his eyes wide.

“That…that was Jaejoong’s favourite.” Yunho swallowed, looking utterly miserable, and Changmin almost felt sorry for him. “I…strawberry. Strawberry’s great, right? Right? Changmin?”

And this was why that sympathy remained an ‘almost’.

“We’re having an intense conversation about ice-cream flavours,” Changmin said blankly. “I think this really needs to stop, hyung.”

“What needs to stop?” Yunho blinked. “Hey, Changmin, do you think we should get sprinkles too?” Well, Changmin thought, someone sure had a one-track mind. “And what about nuts? Oh - yes, we definitely need the nuts. And, you know, maybe vanilla instead of strawberry, because I think - Changmin? Are you listening to me?”

Changmin clenched his jaw and his fists simultaneously. “Hyung,” he ground out, “you are acting like a psychopath.”

“Am not!” Yunho retorted heatedly. “Look, I admit, I’m a little frustrated but…just because Jaejoong might be moving forward with his life, doesn’t mean it’s the end of mine.”

“You’re binging on ice-cream,” Changmin told him. “Soon you’ll be putting on a heap of weight, and SM will fire you because it’s SM.” He paused and blinked. “Wait, maybe that’s your plan.”

Yunho raised one eyebrow. “My plan to what?”

“I don’t know.” Changmin shrugged. “Reunite with Jaejoong, maybe.”

Seeing the slight glint in Yunho’s eyes, Changmin hurriedly shook his head. “Hyung, no!”

“Oh calm down,” Yunho snorted. “I couldn’t eat that much anyway. I’m not you.”

Changmin’s features settled into a slight frown. “Should I be insulted?”

“Ask the fans who came up with the pairing “MinFood”, “ Yunho told him. “They - oh my ing god!”

Changmin let out a loud yelp as the car jerked to a sudden stop.

“What?” The interviewer looked alarmed. “Did he hit someone?”

Changmin quirked one eyebrow. “Honestly, what has all the drama in this little tale been centred around?”

“Jaejoong’s - ”

“Exactly,” Changmin interrupted.

“Are you ing high?!” Changmin spluttered, his fingers digging into his seat.

“That - that - at twelve o’clock!” Yunho cried, pointing frantically in front of him.

“Huh?” Changmin squinted. “That - is that Jaejoong’s - ?”

“Changmin, you say ‘Jaejoong’s boyfriend’ one  more time you won’t be happy of the consequences,” Yunho warned.

“I thought you’d accepted the fact that Jaejoong-hyung had moved on with his life?” Changmin challenged.

“I’m a heartbroken man,” Yunho snapped. “I don’t know what I’m thinking anymore!”

Changmin stared at him, then at the object of Yunho’s hatred, and then at Yunho once more. “…I hope you’re not thinking of following him,” he said at last.

Yunho snorted. “Of course not,” he responded. “I’m heartbroken, not crazy.”

Changmin stared.

Yunho dragged his attention back to the ‘’, a frown adorning his face when he saw the man climb into a car.

“He’s getting into his car - look, his staring up the engine. Where do you think he’s going?”

“I don’t know hyung,” Changmin replied, gazing nervously at Yunho. He didn’t like the look in the elder’s eyes… “Ice-cream, remember? You said we were getting ice-cream…”

Yunho watched as the car drove away. “…You know, this shop kind of ,” he said slowly. “The ice-cream here tastes like dirty water. Let’s go to that other supermarket down the road.”

Changmin clenched his jaw as the Yunho began to turn the car around. “Hyung…”

“I’m not following him, geez!” Yunho snapped. “I just want to go to the other supermarket!”

“He was following him,” Changmin sighed.

“Was not,” Yunho grumbled.

Changmin stared at him. “Hyung, you’re seriously going to deny it?” There was a note of disbelief in his voice.

Jaejoong, meanwhile, stared at Yunho, his eyes shining.

Yoochun, who observed this, let out a loud sigh, shaking his head. “You know, those two deserve each other,” he said. “They’re both insane.”

“We love each other,” Junsu interjected.

“Junsu, calm down,” Changmin said, patting the elder on the shoulder. “No one thinks otherwise.”

Junsu frowned, slightly defensive. “I’m just trying to remind the fans that Yoomin is not pitted against Yunjae.”

Changmin’s eyes widened. “There is no Yoomin,” he said. He turned to the audience. “There’s no Yoomin, okay?”

“Homin?” a girl yelled out, hope shining in her eyes.

“Uh…” Changmin blinked. “No.”

“Yoosu?” someone else cried.

“Jaemin?”

“Are they just yelling out random pairings?” Yoochun muttered.

“OT5?!”

“Yes!” Junsu called back, a smile on his face. Everyone turned to stare at him.

“…What?” Junsu asked, defensively. “It means the five of us in one band, right?”

“Um, Junsu, I don’t think they meant it in that way,” Jaejoong said, a slight flush on his cheeks. Junsu blinked, oblivious.

Changmin sighed loudly. “Well, I’m going to start talking before everyone thinks we’re in a polygamist relationship…”

Junsu’s eyes widened.

“Hyung, you’re following him, aren’t you?” Changmin grumbled.

Yunho shot him an irritated glance. “I told you, no,” he replied stiffly.

Changmin clenched his jaw. “Then why are we driving down some random street?!”

“I told you,” Yunho said, distractedly, “there’s a good ice-cream shop somewhere around here. We just need to drive a bit…” He turned the car abruptly.

“Hyung!” Changmin resisted the urge to resort to violence. “I thought you said it was the other way!”

“I forgot,” Yunho replied shortly.

Changmin snorted. “And conveniently remembered just as Jaejoong-hyung’s boyfriend turned the corner?”

“Shut up.”

Changmin glared. “This is just creepy hyung.”

“The fans do it all the time,” Yunho replied, forgetting to deny any involvement in stalking.

“…That just reinforced my statement.”

Yunho frowned. “Look, Changmin, I’m not - hey, the guy’s slowing down.” Yunho parked the car on the side of the road, squinting ahead.

Changmin looked incredulous. “I thought you said you weren't following him?!”

Yunho ignored him. “He’s walking to that house.” He gestured in front of him. “See?”

“Hyung, what the hell do you plan to do?!”

“Nothing -  I’m just curious.” Yunho leaned forward, squinting. “What’s he - hey, he’s knocking on that door. Look at that! Bastard’s probably cheating on Jaejoong - oh my god, seriously, how dare that - oh.”

There was a long pause.

“What?” the interviewer inquired, looking lost.

“That house he went to? The door opened,” Changmin replied. “And I bet you can guess who was on the other-side.”

“Me!” Jaejoong replied, cheerily.

Changmin nodded, looking more than a little mournful at that little fact.