In Which Yunho's Jealousy Sets Things In Motion

Behind the Scenes

AN:

Okay, in order to make things less confusing, all interview scenes will be blue, and all the flash-back scenes will be black.

...

“Okay,” Yunho said, settling back into his chair, “let’s get this thing started then.” He laughed nervously; it was evident that this was the last thing he wanted to be doing. “Well, it all started the day that I decided to go to the cinemas - ”

“No it didn’t,” Changmin interrupted. “It started long before that, hyung.”

The interviewer raised one eyebrow, leaning forward in his chair. “What do you mean?”

Changmin laughed. “They day at the cinema never would have happened if Yunho-hyung wasn’t so goddamn obsessed.”

“Changminnie, my soul burns!”

Changmin let out a loud sigh, feeling his head throb with each word. Jesus, he’d never knew his hyung could be this annoying. He supposed that with Jaejoong out of the picture, there was no one to keep Yunho under control.

“Hyung, what have I told you about drinking large amounts of alcohol?” He reached over, trying to remove the bottle from Yunho’s firm grasp. “Seriously, you are acting weird.”

Changmin sighed again. Yes, he understood why Yunho was so upset. After all, they had lost their brothers from this stupid lawsuit, and Yunho…well, Yunho had lost the person he loved (cough, was obsessed with). That was something Changmin would never be able to grasp (possibly because considered himself to be sane).

“Changminnie, I’ve lost him!” Yunho sobbed, is speech slurred. “I don’t care if I’m being weird! I just don’t care!”

“Hyung, you have drunk way too much,” Changmin said, trying to sound gentle (a real feat for him). “I get it - you’re upset. But so am I, and you don’t see me - ”

“You haven’t lost your soul mate!” Yunho snarled in response. The anger that flashed in his eyes was only there for a second, before being replaced by the beginnings of tears.

“I just want my sweet, beautiful Jaejoongie to come back into my life!” he choked. “Is that so much to ask?!”

“Changmin!” Yunho’s cheeks burned as he stared at the maknae. In the background, the audience cooed and clapped, their Yunjae fantasies wholly fulfilled. “How does this have to do with anything?!”

“Aww, you called me beautiful?” Jaejoong questioned, his lips curving into a love-struck smile.

“Hyung, the cameras!” Yoochun hissed, nudging him in the side.

Changmin snorted. “I’m just giving them some background info,” he told Yunho. “Now, why don’t we skip forward a year, huh? To the first anniversary of our split.”

“ - MY LIFE IS NOTHING WITHOUT YOU!”

Changmin stared.

“Er…” he glanced helplessly at his friends, who seemed even more shocked by Yunho’s strange behaviour. “Hyung…what…?”

“What is he doing?” Kyuhyun hissed to Changmin.

Changmin struggled to come up with an explanation. He had an inkling about what this was about - after all, though he made sure to hide it, he too was miserable at the reminder of their fractured band. But Yunho - well…

“I CAN’T STOP THINKING ABOUT YOUR BEAUTIFUL, POUTY LIPS!”

Minho cringed, taking a step back. “Oh god,” he choked, “what?”

Yunho, finally noticing that he wasn't the only person in the room, beamed at the new occupants.

“Hey guys!” he exclaimed cheerily (from his slurred speech and erratic behaviour, it was obvious that he was drunk). “Do you like the song? I wrote it myself!” He beamed proudly.

Changmin’s eyes widened. He turned to his friends, and nodded in the direction of the front door. “Guys, let’s go - ”

“YOU SWITCH HAIR COLOURS JUST LIKE A CHAMELEON - SO DO THE REST OF US BUT HEY, YOU’RE JUST SO MUCH BETTER THAN IT THAN UUUUUUUS.”

Kyuhyun blinked. “…You know, I kind of want to hear the rest of it.”

“WHAT’S YOUR NAME? IT’S JAEJOONG! JAEJOONG! IT’S KIM JAEJOOOOOOONG!”

“YAH!” Yunho shot Changmin the harshest glare he could muster. “Changmin, they do not need to know about this!”

Yoochun and Junsu were struggling to hold in their laughter. Jaejoong, well, he wasn’t even bothering; he’d already succumb to a bout of hysterics long before.

 “Hey!”

“Sorry Yunho,” Jaejoong choked, wiping tears from his eyes. “It’s…it’s cute, really.”

Yunho flushed, and turned hurriedly to Changmin. “I’m taking over, do you understand?” he hissed. “You are ruining my image!”

“But Yunjae is amazing!” called a girl from the audience. Jaejoong beamed at her, while Yunho blushed deeply.

“Right, well then,” he coughed. “On the morning that it all happened, Changmin and I, along with Super Junior’s Kyuhyun, were at the cinemas…”

“Really guys, I’m kind of busy,” Yunho sighed. “Why do you need me to come with you?”

“I told you hyung,” Changmin groaned. “Minho said he can’t make it, so you’re his replacement.”

Kyuhyun nodded enthusiastically. “It’s essential that Kyu-Line remains at full power,” he said firmly.

“…I honestly have no idea what that means,” Yunho muttered.

Kyuhyun shrugged. “You don’t need to,” he responded. “Just sit there and bask in how amazing we are.” He smiled. “Now, excuse me while I go and pee.”

He hurried off. Yunho blinked.

“You have no right to judge,” Changmin informed him, seeing the expression on his face. “You and Heechul-hyung are practically tied to the hip, and he is way weirder than Kyuhyun.”

“I don’t know, Kyuhyun’s pretty weird,” Yunho muttered.

“Not as weird as Heechul-hyung,” Changmin retorted. “Face it hyung, your Super Junior member is far more ed than my Super Junior member.”

Yunho snorted. “Seriously, I don’t - ” He paused, frowning. “Er, Changmin,” he started, “what are you looking at?”

Changmin blinked, and shook his head. “Nothing - I just thought I saw someone I knew - it’s probably nothing.”

Yunho nodded, accepting this. “Whatever. When’s Kyuhyun coming back?”

Changmin shrugged. “If worse comes to worse, we’ll leave him and go see the movie. He can find us later.”

“…Isn’t he supposed to be your best friend?”

“He’ll understand,” Changmin replied. “He’d do the same for me.”

Yunho opened his mouth to reply, but Changmin cut him off with a sudden cry off, “oh my GOD, no WAY!”

Yunho stared. “What?”

“No way!” Changmin repeated, squinting at a random direction behind Yunho. “That - it’s not. It can’t be.”

“Who?!”

Changmin shook his head, and latched onto Yunho’s arm. “Hyung,” he hissed, “I think we should turn around and leave.”

“What about the movie?” Yunho asked, trying to escape from Changmin’s grasp.

“Forget the movie!” Changmin snapped. “You didn’t even want to watch it! Come on!”

Yunho shook his head. “Changmin! Seriously, what - ?”

He then froze as he caught sight of exactly what Changmin had been freaking out over.

“Oh my god, run!”

“I know, right?” Changmin agreed frantically. “Come on, let’s go.”

“Quick, the exit,” Yunho said, preparing to sprint in its direction. “We - oh crap, no, he’s blocking it. , what are we going to do?”

“They’re might be a back exit - ”

“Might?!” Yunho grabbed the maknae’s shoulders. “Changmin, we don’t have time for mights! It’s - ”

“I’m sorry but who is it?” the interviewer interrupted.

There was an awkward pause, before Yunho opened his mouth.

“ - Jaejoong!”

Said man’s head shifted slightly. Panicking, Yunho and Changmin dove behind a nearby game machine.

“We need to come up with a plan!” Changmin hissed. “What if he sees us?!”

“He won’t see us,” Yunho shot back. “He can’t - , Changmin, I have no idea what I’d say to him!”

Changmin snorted. “You could sing him that song you wrote.”

Yunho glared and whacked the side of his head.

“Ow, hyung!”

“Mommy, that weird man is hurting the other weird man.”

Both idols froze, staring in alarm at the child who had spoken. Changmin laughed, shooting him a placating look.

“Honey, let’s go,” a woman said, grasping her son’s arm. After shooting a strange look at the two of them, she hurried off in the opposite direction.

Changmin coughed. “Well, at least she didn’t recognise us?”

“Er…what are you guys doing?”

Changmin jumped, and Yunho let out a startled yelp. Kyuhyun, who had just arrived, looked even more confused at this.

“Guys, stop screwing around,” he said at last. “We’re going to miss the movie!”

“Kyuhyun!” Changmin hissed, panicked. “Hurry! Behind the machine!”

“…Why?” Kyuhyun blinked in confusion. “What the hell are you - gah! CHANGMIN!”

“Don’t say that name!” Changmin hissed.

“What - your name?” Kyuhyun stared at him incredulously. “And don’t touch me,” he added, his expression darkening. “You might be my best friend, but that doesn’t mean I won’t subject you to bodily harm.”

“Kyuhyun!” Yunho growled, desperate to silence the younger male. “Jaejoong is over there!”

Kyuhyun glanced over, before blinking in surprise. “Seriously?” he questioned in mild disbelief. “That is why you’re hiding here? Changmin, I’m disappointed - I expected more from you.” He shook his head in mock disappointment.

“Is he looking this way?” Yunho questioned, ignoring Kyuhyun’s remark. “Kyuhyun, tell me, is he looking this way?”

Kyuhyun’s eyes flickered over, and he shook his head. “Nah,” he replied. “He’s too busy chatting with that guy over there - can we see the movie now.”

Yunho’s head shot up, his eyes wide with alarm. “What guy?!” he demanded.

“That guy over there - come on.” Kyuhyun nudged Changmin’s shoulder insistently.

“Why is Jaejoong with a guy?” Yunho asked, staring at the younger two as if they had all the answers.

“Hyung! Head down!” Changmin ordered. “He’ll see you!”

Yunho risked another glance, before returning to his hiding place. “Jaejoong is touching that guy’s arm,” he reported, his tone dangerous. “What is with that?!”

“Oh for gods - hyung, who cares?” Changmin snapped. “Let’s just go before he sees us!”

“Wait, hold on a second,” Kyuhyun interjected. “No one is leaving until after the movie!”

“…Freaking hell, his arm is still there!”

Kyuhyun threw his arms in the air. “Who cares if Jaejoong-hyung is touching the guy - ”

“Jaejoong is not touching that guy!” Yunho glared at Kyuhyun. “It’s that guy who is touching him!”

“Whatever!” Kyuhyun growled. “Either way, I’d much rather be watching something else.”

“Hyung, the door is free,” Changmin informed Yunho. “If we run now - ”

“Uh, sirs?” The three glanced up. One of the workers was staring down at them, looking incredibly awkward. “Could you please leave? There have been numerous complaints that you are scaring the children.”

“Yeah,” Yunho coughed, rubbing the back of his neck. “He, uh, escorted us out…”

Yoochun snorted. “God hyung,” he said, amused, “I didn’t know you were so obsessed.”

"It was a really long time, okay?!” Yunho snapped.

There was a collective “aww” from the audience.

“Besides,” the leader continued, “I knew from that moment that I didn’t like that guy, and my instincts were right!” He turned to Jaejoong, nodding his head. “They were right, weren’t they?”

“Uh…we’ll get to that…” Jaejoong laughed awkwardly.

...

AN:

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read the prologue! Hopefully you'll enjoy the first chapter :D Tell me what you think!