Long Enough to Smile

This Song for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tao couldn't taste the food he was stuffing in his mouth. He was about to leave, so why bother? He couldn't take this anymore, being away from Kris. It was eating him from the inside out, like acid that couldn't be contained. He just wanted.... Kris. Their call a few days ago was nowhere near close enough to love.

"Bye, friends. See you when I get back," Tao whispered as he closed the door to the dorm. He was dressed in all black, sunglasses (he sorta thought it was tacky - sunglasses inside - but he had to), a black baseball hat, and a navy blue bag with plenty of clothes and things to entertain himself on the plane ride to Kris. He couldn't believe he was doing this, but EXO didn't have anything planned for these next weeks. It was their break, and he figured, "They don't need me, and I know they get tired of me a lot, so heck, why don't I just go away for a little while?"

Okay, it sounded a lot better in his head. But he loved the idea of seeing Kris, even if it was only for a few days. And no one to yell at him, tell him Kris was a bad idea, because Kris was the best idea ever. And he needed him beyond help.

The airport was hectic enough so he wasn't caught. He just handed in the ticket and got on the plane, knowing how many consequences there were about this trip. But for god's sakes, whatever they were going to do to him when he gets back didn't matter. All that mattered to him was Kris.

I miss you I love you I need you was all Tao managed to write over and over in the notebook he had bought for the plane ride, giving him all the more reason to get to Kris. He wondered at least fifty times if he should call Kris first, but that would be stupid. He wanted to surprise him.

By the time the flight was over, Tao was a nervous wreck. Sure, he loved China in and out, but why did he actually come back without permission? Kris probably wouldn't even see him!

He dialed Kris's number out of spite and tried to keep himself together while each painful ring passed. "Hello?"

"Kris gege, I need you to come get me," Tao stated plainly, glancing his nails that were so dirty and how the hell did they get like that?

"Umm, Tao, you're in Korea. I can't get you. Are you messing around?" Kris asked confusedly. Tao smiled at Kris's adorable lack of knowledge, because Tao knew and he didn't. He told himself that in the most teasing manner he could come up with.

"No, I'm here. I'm at the airport. Look, I'm here at gate-" Tao paused to glance up at the gate number. "37. And please hurry up. I don't like being alone here," he added, looking around at his uneasy surroundings. He had nothing to be afraid of; he had been in an airport countless times. But now he was alone, without Kris next to him.

"Tao, you're where? I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of are you out of yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter