Trying not to Hurt You

This Song for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris stepped out of the scolding hot shower and wrapped a towel around his waist before he turned off the water and left the bathroom. He locked the door and dried himself off to get dressed. The whole process took about ten minutes.

"I wonder if Tao misses me," Kris said to himself with a slight dry chuckle as he lay in bed a after his shower. "I bet the kid's forgotten about me by now," he added.

All Kris could think about was the call. The last call.

He swore he only meant to protect the boy by telling him not to call. He didn't want the staff to find out, because he had a bad feeling that they would. And he couldn't let them hurt him. It was bad enough that he left Tao, lost, and confused, and alone. And he had heard what had happened to Baekhyun. The staff hit him because he lied.

And Kris remembered, vividly, that whenever he messed up, the staff would threaten him. They would threaten his life, his mother, and his health. Kris wouldn't dare to let that happen to Tao, the love of his life.

And now, here he lay in bed. Probably forgotten by the most wonderful person he'd ever get the chance to meet. Reminiscing in the memories that he had tried so hard to forget. At least I'll always have that smiling picture of him in my mind, Kris thought as he smiled and thought of that happy face.

He couldn't remember it. In fact, he couldn't even remember what Tao's face looked like at all. They were in love a few months ago, and now Kris couldn't even remember the kid's face. "Oh my god..." Kris murmured, sitting up immediately. He picked up his phone and scrolled through his pictures, relieved when he found several selcas that he and Tao had taken together. In a of the moment, Kris did something completely stupid and selfish.

He dialed Tao's number and waited for him to pick up. "Hel- Lu Han, off! hello?" Tao answered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter