day 2: morning

what we work for

Yixing brought a hand out from under the covers blindly searching for the alarm that was blaring to his right.

He slipped out of the bed quietly making sure not to make any noise.

 On any other day, it would have taken him longer to wake up but this day he had a little something planned. A very little something actually. It wouldn’t cost him anything but time and love. It had been something he had thought about doing for a while now but with both Sehun and him working hard to fund their vacation this coming summer vacation, they had little time to spare. Yet he really didn’t want to put it off any longer. Even if it wasn’t really morning anymore he was going to bring Sehun breakfast in bed.

Sehun wouldn't be up for another 30min giving Yixing plenty of time to set the rice cooker and fry up some eggs and veggies for them to share.

With Sehun working at a retail store, the stress he dealt with was high and more often than not, the customers drove him up the wall. Being an assistant manager did have its rewards on some occasions but it all boiled down to the fact that Sehun was too much of a people person to want settle for a desk job.  Yixing on the other hand, didn't really look for anything in particular. He was willing to do any kind of grunt work but lucked out getting a security guard job. His post was by the building located across the mall where Sehun worked which meant that on most days, they could easily visit each other during their breaks.

 It worked for them.

The eggs where almost done and Yixing was now slicing a few apples for them to share. The machine beeped minutes later and he prepped two servings of everything. He hugged two cartons of milk to his chest before taking one bowl in each hand; utensils secured between his lips. He nudged the bedroom door open with his foot and called Sehun’s name, which came out muffled thanks to the chopsticks he was holding with his mouth. That didn’t stop him from calling out Sehun’s name once as he hurried towards the bed.

Sehun sat up slowly, rubbing his eyes as he forced the to focus on the plate that his boyfriend was offering.

His face suddenly lit up (which Yixing found endearing since it was all red and puffy) when he realized that his boyfriend had taken the time to make them breakfast.

“th..thanks ” he said through a smile while taking the warm bowl in his hands, “it looks good babe”

The two sat in silence eating their food smiling contently at each other whenever their eyes met.  Yixing took his time eating. Taking a spoonful of rice before setting his chopsticks down to rub Sehun’s nape as he chewed, brushing strands of hair away from his face and tucking them behind his ear.

“This summer is gonna be so worth all of this," Yixing said before taking a drink of his milk.
Sehun nodded shoveling more food into his mouth, “i thinf so thoo”.

Yixing snorted then trying to wipe the bit of milk that spilled out of his mouth, “you are too cute right now you know that?”

 

 

 

a/n: okay so it took me a bit to post the second one cause I broke my laptop charger XD but expect the third one by tomorrow.