day 1: warmth

what we work for

 

There was a constant beeping that Yixing soon registered as his phone alarm going off. His shift ended five minutes ago---on most days around 1am--- and it was time to grab his belongings and clock out.

The air outside was still humid and the roads wet and he only had the upbeat tune from a mix cd he had made earlier that week to keep him alert.

He didn't live far from work and within five minutes he was pulling into the parking garage across his apartment complex.

His feet dragged across the street, shoulders sagging from the weight of his backpack. The door to the main building required an access card to enter and with a soft sigh he stopped, ping the front pocket of his backpack, feeling around for the card just as somebody was stepping out and holding the door open for him

“Thanks”

The only elevator was out of commission again but luckily, he only had to go up two flights of stairs before making it to his floor.

The lights on the hall dimmed at night, and with his eyes already half lidded, it took him a bit longer than usual to find the right key.

Once inside, he followed the only light in the house which came from the hall---His boyfriend’s idea to leave it on just to prevent Yixing from tripping over his own feet when he came home---and opened the door to the bedroom slowly to keep it from creaking.  The bag that was weighing his shoulders was left beside their shared dresser on his way to the bathroom.

There was nothing better than a bath to get rid of the heavy feeling brought on after a full time night shift. Yixing knew this all too well. It had become a routine by now.

The water warmed up as he undressed and in no time, he was stepping inside the shower; closing the door behind him.

As the water began to trickle down his aching shoulders, he rolled his head back and around closing his eyes so that he could thoroughly enjoy the comforting warmness.

When he felt like he could fall asleep standing there, his system kicked into autopilot. He knew he had to wash off quickly before turning in.

As he was reaching for the bottle of soap, he felt a pair of cold hands slide across his hips up to his chest encircling him in a hug followed by warm lips skating across his dampened back. 

"Hi." The voice resonating against his skin before the kisses continued.

Yixing acknowledged the greeting with a grunt and in no time the same hands that were holding him close were now turning him around and moving to hold his face.

That’s when those lips he loved to indulge in, where pressing softly against his getting them to mimic its movements.This lasted until Yixing pulled back to catch his breath; trying to regain some alertness.

 “Hi Sehun.”  Yixing muttered, kissing the skin around the other’s neck before nestling his head against the crook of his neck.

“Allow me,” was all Yixing heard the younger say as he watched him uncap the bottle of soap; squeezing a generous amount onto a hand towel. He lathered Yixing’s chest, arms, and stomach before working his way down to each leg and then turning him around to work on his back, leaving kisses wherever the water washed away the suds. 

 

After the water had removed any trace of soap from Yixing back,  Sehun  took a hold of his hand and led him out the shower wrapping them each in their robes before stepping out into to the chilled room.  They quickly hurried to the dresser digging around for their underwear and in no time, they were both under the thick comforter.

 

Sehun laid on his side facing Yixing. Their legs tangled as they allowed their bodies to relax into the mattress. As Sehun went on about his day at work, Yixing ran his fingers across the other's hair, massaging his head and placing kissed on his bare shoulder.

 

They continued to whisper little things here and there until Sehun’s breath began to even out and his responses stopped.

When Yixing started drifting into sleep he couldn’t help but think one last time that what he felt in that moment, the fluttering in his stomach, that floating sensation, and swelling in his chest, was worth any hardship, stress, ache, or pain that came with working late into the night.

The kisses, the attentive care from his boyfriend... it made it all worth it.

 

-------

 

( a.n. ) i'll edit this again in the morning. this was only supposed to  be 300 words but it ended up being 600+ tbh right now I don’t know if I plan on writing any ty drabbles but I most likely will just cause I enjoy it but I also can’t promise such things just in case I'm not able to deliver. I will post the second one tomorrow and the third one the following day. If everything goes well I'll keep writing more. Anyways, this is a lot longer than intended it to be so have a great day/night :3