day 3: break

what we work for

It was 5pm and he had folded the shirt in his hands at least five times in the past hour. The store Sehun worked at had gotten a new shipment of spring clothes so all winter wear was now on sale. Which meant he had refolded the same clothes on display every time someone decided against purchasing an item; leaving it disheveled.

 It was around 6:30 when he got his second break.  This one would last 20 min since he skipped his first break not wanting to break the momentum he had going.

As he stepped out of the shop, he knew that the only way to get this bad mood to dissipate was to go across the street to visit Yixing at his post.   

He knew the other would be working but he just really needed to see his face maybe hear his voice. Even if all Yixing could spare was a wave and whispered greetings.

When he crossed the distance to Yixing’s post, he stood to the side and waved from a distance.  When Yixing finally took notice of the familiar face, he turned talking to the other guard.  Sehun couldn’t really make out what was being said between the guards but shortly after Yixing was stepping out of the post and walking towards him.

 “He let me take five what’s up?” Yixing asked but Sehun just closed the space between them and hugged his boyfriend breathing in his sweet scent in.  

“God its ben such a day… this lady was making such a mess like why r people so inconsiderate?  it’s not like it’s hard to fold something back into place Jesus."

 

Yixing tightened his arms and rested his forehead in the crook of Sehun’s neck, "I’m sorry." The words muffled by Sehun’s collar but the taller boy nodded understanding the sentiment his boyfriend was trying to convey.

They sat down. Yixing paying earnest attention to his boyfriend as he vented while squeezing his hand and drawing circles in his palm with his thumb. Once he could tell that Sehun was in a better mood he an idea came to mind, “I have to go back before I get in trouble but when we get home, you can tell me all about it and well watch any movie you want.”

“Promise?”

“I promise”

“Okay… but no falling asleep”

Yixing raised his right hand, “I promise!”


They two stood up then and shared one more hug -Yixing’s boss already had his eyes on them tapping his index finger to his wrist watch- but there was no way he could return before being sure that Sehun was feeling better. The smile Yixing received after they broke apart was reassuring enough that his boyfriend had found enough strength to return to work.

 

a/n: here is the third one! im so slow with these but i'm already on day 14 im just too slow when it comes to editing. im sorryy but i hope you guys are enjoying these! :3